LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rascal:
Not saying you don't have a point, but that to me is more like hoping for the best as opposed to a realistic take on the current state of the 9ers.

Talking of VD, I am beginning to think he has become too fragile ever since that hit by Chancellor in last Dec. Believe me, he is going to get hit much worse than he did in this game by the likes of Browner and Chancellor when we play them in Dec nevermind the playoffs. I just don't think Vernon can handle that kind of physicality anymore. Frankly, overall I just don' think we are that tough a team. We are physical when compared to the average run-of-the-mill team, but within the category of "tough teams" so to speak, we are probably just average.

I'm sure a lot of the fans of the Ravens, Giants and Packers all felt that way too. Who is to determine what is realistic??? Let's say you have freak injuries that take out both Brees and Russell Wilson, now what, are the 49ers still an unrealistic contender? Not saying that they should count on injuries, but anything can happen, any team can lose, the last 3 Superbowl winners entered the playoffs as Wild Card teams that had extensive struggles throughout the regular season...you just never know what will happen.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 11, 2013 at 1:27 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm sure a lot of the fans of the Ravens, Giants and Packers all felt that way too. Who is to determine what is realistic??? Let's say you have freak injuries that take out both Brees and Russell Wilson, now what, are the 49ers still an unrealistic contender? Not saying that they should count on injuries, but anything can happen, any team can lose, the last 3 Superbowl winners entered the playoffs as Wild Card teams that had extensive struggles throughout the regular season...you just never know what will happen.

What I mean by "realistic" is if I were to ask you based on what you see, your analysis of the current state of the 9ers, both strengths and weaknesses, do you strongly believe we will go back to the Super Bowl ? But, of course if you were to ask me how would I feel if Wilson were out for the season ? Then, sure I would say we would have a far better chance. The point is I am not banking on it to happen.
Originally posted by Squatch:
Oh noes, we lost, let's all throw our QB under the bus and hate on the team!
Most entertaining fan base in all of sports = 49ers fans.

Wilson, behind a depleted O line and with some of the shortest and youngest (but scrappy) receivers in the league = winning, clutch, smart, a true scrambler, team first and most important: progressing.

Krapperdink... Ummmmmmmmmmmm... Wide eyed and running because he wants to be the hero and most important: regressing.

Kraps been figured out and he isn't smart enough to know it.

Oh wells. Thanks for the laughs 9er nation.

Can't wait til our O line is healthy and we get that Harvin dude on the field.

LOL, stay classy Seattle.
Okay fellahs, just woke up from being drunk and pist off of this bullshiet lost. Time to move on to the 'Aints this week. Lehhsss dooo this! Bounce back we will....
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Okay fellahs, just woke up from being drunk and pist off of this bullshiet lost. Time to move on to the 'Aints this week. Lehhsss dooo this! Bounce back we will....

You sound like a drunk Yoda. Wise you are.
Originally posted by Squatch:
Oh noes, we lost, let's all throw our QB under the bus and hate on the team!
Most entertaining fan base in all of sports = 49ers fans.

Wilson, behind a depleted O line and with some of the shortest and youngest (but scrappy) receivers in the league = winning, clutch, smart, a true scrambler, team first and most important: progressing.

Krapperdink... Ummmmmmmmmmmm... Wide eyed and running because he wants to be the hero and most important: regressing.

Kraps been figured out and he isn't smart enough to know it.

Oh wells. Thanks for the laughs 9er nation.

Can't wait til our O line is healthy and we get that Harvin dude on the field.

and the Seattrolls are back!!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

You sound like a drunk Yoda. Wise you are.

Lol. Still drunk I am. More nap I need.
one loss and you're all in meltdown ... but your team's players aren't ...

Tough loss! Proud of these guys. We will bounce back! Sorry for not recovering that fumble! #Niners
by Donte Whitner on Nov 10, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Originally posted by QBguru:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
what's alex smith's record???

Last I checked Alex Smith doesn't have a record the Chiefs do. If you are implying that the 9ers would have a better record with Smith instead of Kap you are kidding yourself. Alex is riding a team that is winning with him not BECAUSE of him just like always. However if you feel that sentimental about it I am sure the Chiefs could use another fan.

So you are saying the Chiefs would be 9-0 with Matt Cassell?

No one here is a Chiefs fan, people just root for the guy that almost took us to the superbowl,had a great season, and got replaced some would say unfairly, but never b***hed about it. The guy is pure class , why not root for him to be successful? It is natural for fans to say what if and compare his and Kaep's year. Look what happened with Montana and Young. Yeah, I will root for him as long as he doesn't play the 49ers.
I root for Alex Smith as well. Guy's a class act. He was stabbed in the back by our honorless head coach, Jim "Backstabbin" Harbaugh. What a blunder by Harb's.
So for those saying you were going to blow out the Panthers, how you feeling this morning? Told you our D was no joke

Originally posted by PorqueWhy:

Last I checked Alex Smith doesn't have a record the Chiefs do. If you are implying that the 9ers would have a better record with Smith instead of Kap you are kidding yourself. Alex is riding a team that is winning with him not BECAUSE of him just like always. However if you feel that sentimental about it I am sure the Chiefs could use another fan.

No one here is a Chiefs fan, people just root for the guy that almost took us to the superbowl,had a great season, and got replaced some would say unfairly, but never b***hed about it. The guy is pure class , why not root for him to be successful? It is natural for fans to say what if and compare his and Kaep's year. Look what happened with Montana and Young. Yeah, I will root for him as long as he doesn't play the 49ers.
I root for Alex Smith as well. Guy's a class act. He was stabbed in the back by our honorless head coach, Jim "Backstabbin" Harbaugh. What a blunder by Harb's.

I support Alex too, but I dont think trading him to the team he wanted and giving him a fresh start is "stabbing him in the back"
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by PorqueWhy:

I support Alex too, but I dont think trading him to the team he wanted and giving him a fresh start is "stabbing him in the back"

yeah I don't think Alex is upset right now. More glad than upset.
[ Edited by Baldie on Nov 11, 2013 at 5:37 AM ]
I think Carolina just converted another 3rd & 12...
Originally posted by cltpanther:
So for those saying you were going to blow out the Panthers, how you feeling this morning? Told you our D was no joke

We don't care. f**k the Panthers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CenCal9er:
I think Carolina just converted another 3rd & 12...

lol
Share 49ersWebzone