LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I don't know why he'd be pissed. Kap was under pressure all game long.

I heard something along the lines of Kap's audibles in changing plays that he wasn't happy about.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Rascal, I'm now hoping for the best possible draft scenario. I hope we tank the rest of the season and get a mid round 1st and get one of the better WR. You with me?

I am with you mayo 1000% !!

We aren't going to get anywhere in the playoffs this year anyway. We will be lucky to get a wildcard spot and will only get completely creamed by the Seahawks again third time in a row up at CLink. Might as well, do some soul-searching and plan ahead. In my opinion, Seattle is peaking now and will dominate the NFC for a while unless we do something about it.

I believe we will have to go super aggressive in the draft, trade up and get at least 2 top wideouts. Frankly, I think we should take a look at RBs too, Frank can't play forever and our other backs are just to small and lack power, physicality and explosiveness to carry the load.

I think we're ok at RB with Lattimore in the wings, but I'm with you with the trading up for multiple receivers.
tank on the season after week 9 with 3 losses? you guys are ridiculous lol
I think we're ok at RB with Lattimore in the wings, but I'm with you with the trading up for multiple receivers.

I think trading up is foolish. 49ers will have more needs than just WR. Atlanta traded up, now their defense is full of holes,but oh, they've got Julio Jones. There's going to be plenty of quality WR's to choose from to go along with Crabtree, a hopefully re-signed Anquan Boldin and Quinton Patton. A guy like Donte Moncrief, Jordan Matthews or Odell Beckham will be available when the 49ers pick in the 1st round and possibly later on. They have to maximize the value from this draft, they need 1, likely 2 CB's, a safety, a backup QB, depth on the OL, possibly another OLB...etc, they'd be wise to hold on to as many picks as they can while continuing to acquire picks in future drafts.

If I thought the only reason this offense was struggling was due to the lack of receivers then I'd say sure....heck yeah, but it isn't, the issues extend far beyond just lacking wide receivers. I haven't seen any indication that Roman would be able to incorporate additional receivers if he actually had them. "Oh look, more downfield blockers!"

#YOLO
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 11, 2013 at 12:19 AM ]
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by eonblue:
200 yards is a high bar?

Making multiple reads, hitting open receivers, staying composed, throwing the ball out and avoiding the loss - that's a high bar to you?

So essentially playing the Qb position is asking to much?

The bar is just too high!!!

Seriously tho keep standing in last year. He didn't come through when it counted and now that DCs have figured him out he's being exposed.

Funny thing is I want soo bad to be wrong. If the offense starts working we're instantly a contender instead of bums which after this loss is what we are.

I personally think the offense's lack of success has more to do with the scheme and inappropriate situational playcalling than any personnel issues. This is not an NFL level offense that I'm seeing, it has been downright atrocious and this has been going on before Kaepernick ever became the QB for the 49ers.

This. People are forgetting some of the horror shows delivered by Roman when Alex was QB as well.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Even if Lattimore is the real deal, I much prefer power runners. Once again using Seattle as an example, just look at their RB corps, Lynch, Turbin and Michael, all big, physical power runners. Lattimore is more of a lane-runner.As for Hunter and LMJ, just too small and too easy to bring down.
Originally posted by Buchy:
This. People are forgetting some of the horror shows delivered by Roman when Alex was QB as well.

True. Last year's Giants game sticks out in my mind.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
tank on the season after week 9 with 3 losses? you guys are ridiculous lol

Alright, tanking might be a little extreme, it still doesn't change we won't get anywhere in the playoffs though.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Alright, tanking might be a little extreme, it still doesn't change we won't get anywhere in the playoffs though.

Pretty sure thats exactly what Ravens fans were saying at this time last season. I don't have a lot of hope due to the offensive playcalling but crazier things have happened, you get Crabtree back, this offense gets healthy, you give them a shot in the playoffs, an experienced veteran team and anything can happen. First they have to get in however. But seeing as how much success wild card teams have had recently in winning the Superbowl, who knows, with this level of defense, the 49ers will always have a puncher's chance, with the defense holding other teams down, if they can hit on a few big plays on offense, they could steal a few games.

I'm interested to see what things will look like on offense with Crabtree, VD, Boldin and Manningham all together along with this running game.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 11, 2013 at 12:49 AM ]

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Pretty sure thats exactly what Ravens fans were saying at this time last season. I don't have a lot of hope due to the offensive playcalling but crazier things have happened, you get Crabtree back, this offense gets healthy, you give them a shot in the playoffs, an experienced veteran team and anything can happen. First they have to get in however. But seeing as how much success wild card teams have had recently in winning the Superbowl, who knows, with this level of defense, the 49ers will always have a puncher's chance, with the defense holding other teams down, if they can hit on a few big plays on offense, they could steal a few games.

I'm interested to see what things will look like on offense with Crabtree, VD, Boldin and Manningham all together along with this running game.

Not saying you don't have a point, but that to me is more like hoping for the best as opposed to a realistic take on the current state of the 9ers.

Talking of VD, I am beginning to think he has become too fragile ever since that hit by Chancellor in last Dec. Believe me, he is going to get hit much worse than he did in this game by the likes of Browner and Chancellor when we play them in Dec nevermind the playoffs. I just don't think Vernon can handle that kind of physicality anymore. Frankly, overall I just don' think we are that tough a team. We are physical when compared to the average run-of-the-mill team, but within the category of "tough teams" so to speak, we are probably just average.
Oh noes, we lost, let's all throw our QB under the bus and hate on the team!
Most entertaining fan base in all of sports = 49ers fans.

Wilson, behind a depleted O line and with some of the shortest and youngest (but scrappy) receivers in the league = winning, clutch, smart, a true scrambler, team first and most important: progressing.

Krapperdink... Ummmmmmmmmmmm... Wide eyed and running because he wants to be the hero and most important: regressing.

Kraps been figured out and he isn't smart enough to know it.

Oh wells. Thanks for the laughs 9er nation.

Can't wait til our O line is healthy and we get that Harvin dude on the field.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Squatch:
Oh noes, we lost, let's all throw our QB under the bus and hate on the team!
Most entertaining fan base in all of sports = 49ers fans.

Wilson, behind a depleted O line and with some of the shortest and youngest (but scrappy) receivers in the league = winning, clutch, smart, a true scrambler, team first and most important: progressing.

Krapperdink... Ummmmmmmmmmmm... Wide eyed and running because he wants to be the hero and most important: regressing.

Kraps been figured out and he isn't smart enough to know it.

Oh wells. Thanks for the laughs 9er nation.

Can't wait til our O line is healthy and we get that Harvin dude on the field.

Don't know how your midget Qb keeps doing it.
Don't know how your midget Qb keeps doing it.

He can't hear you.
Originally posted by English:
He can't hear you.

LOL, thank you. All the Seahawks trolls coming out again.
Share 49ersWebzone