LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Funny stuff. We call them delusional. They call us delusional. Whatever.

It's a game with SERIOUS playoff implications . . . in those games Harbaugh's teams always come loaded. This rested team will come loaded with bad intentions.

So ready to see this reloaded team come out after the bye & be healthy & hungry!

Bye weeks can make a team a little sluggish too though, remember last season we played the Rams at home right after the bye and it ended in a lousy tie.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by cltpanther:
I hope your team is as cocky as the fans

Is your handle seriously clit panther?

The Niners are warming up their arm.
Pathers remind me of the Lions or the Bears. They go on a hot streak and think they are a top team like the Niners all of a sudden.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
The Niners are warming up their arm.

never seen that before
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Pathers remind me of the Lions or the Bears. They go on a hot streak and think they are a top team like the Niners all of a sudden.

Then they end up playing the Niners and are never the same team after that.
Over/under 200 yards passing this week for Kaep and co.? I'm going for under this week, because every time I say over, it's under.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Then they end up playing the Niners and are never the same team after that.

Yeah and they disappear from here. Remember the "Lord Stafford" guy from Detroit? hahahahahahahahaha
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Over/under 200 yards passing this week for Kaep and co.? I'm going for under this week, because every time I say over, it's under.

if its under..then whooped dat azzz
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

if its under..then whooped dat azzz

Perfect game to open up the passing game and take the training wheels off Kaep. With Mario, Vernon and Q out there, who's gonna get the double? Won't matter cuz the other two will be 1 on 1. :P

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by frankie:
Biggest heart breaker was hearst ankle vs the weakass falcons :( him healthy we win 6 instead falcons move on to get crushed by denver

wow, some of our fans are either disillusion or stupid.

Lmao you really think with hearst not kirby running the ball we still lose to the falcons? Delusional? Stupid? f**k no. We played denver and crushed em, atl could not stop hearst. Sadly his only rush that game was a 9 yd rush which took him out for 2 yrs. Which eventually have us gardner to hold the spot til his return. Tho jamal anderson and the falcons moved on to play the vikes which we had their number also. Delusional no, realistic yes!!! Tho last season was even better chance being 5 yards from victory or is this delusional as well lmao
Im very much agreeing with this, tho rodney harrison doesnt :) he may be feeling symptoms from past concussions from playing days. Jk harrisons beast tho i agree wit dungy :)

Harrison is a Seahawks bandwagoner. He will ride them until they call flat on their faces, then say he knew the Niners were the reigning NFC champions for a reason and he never doubted us. Lol

Usually how it happens, when talking heads jump ship on a team to early, only for them to prevail! We have a long road ahead but our team will be up to the challenge :D
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Funny stuff. We call them delusional. They call us delusional. Whatever.

It's a game with SERIOUS playoff implications . . . in those games Harbaugh's teams always come loaded. This rested team will come loaded with bad intentions.

So ready to see this reloaded team come out after the bye & be healthy & hungry!

Bye weeks can make a team a little sluggish too though, remember last season we played the Rams at home right after the bye and it ended in a lousy tie.

I'm very wary of that, but I don't see it happening this week. An unproven playoff contending 5-3 team that's sitting right behind us in the seedings . . . looking to make a statement against the defending conference champs. Harbaugh has all the material he needs.
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This game is personal for me, cause I hated the fact that they stuck these c********rs in our division back in the 90s, and they just had our number every f**king time, even with Steve, Jerry, and Terrell at helm.

Wanna make a statement, screw these guys into fighting for the 6th seed, which they probably won't get since the Lions are better than them.

Kerry Collins "Dynasty"

http://articles.latimes.com/1997/nov/17/sports/sp-54824

1997... motherf**king Packers...

Biggest heart breaker was hearst ankle vs the weakass falcons :( him healthy we win 6 instead falcons move on to get crushed by denver

I feel the same way about that game. That should have been Steve Young and the 9er's second SB winning season............
Frank Gore reminds me of Garrison Hearst. Two hard nose football players. Once Hearst went down the team went into a tail spin............

This is very true, tho the difference is hearst the badass he was, was more the compliment to the passing game. Forced defences to be honest. Once he was gone, no one respected kirby. Tho was a good compliment number 2. Just no way starter alas a defensive nightmare.

With gore its almost polar opposite, has been for yrs. Stop gore=best chance to win. With our injuries this held true this yr as well. Difference being no one has stopped gore but us this yr. Exception of packers who sold out on stopping our running game. Seattle we went in passing again, and colts we stopped running. Gore injured knee before half. Tho we kept him in for blitz pickup
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
PFF numbers on the Carolina Panthers

Top 3 Performers on Offense

1. Jordan Gross-OL 17.8 The highest ranked tackle that the 49ers have faced all season thus far. Terrific pass blocker, strong run blocker, all around outstanding offensive lineman.

2. Cam Newton 11.6 Self-explanatory, Cam is gonna Cam, big physical QB with a strong arm, prone to some questionable judgment at times, vary dangerous scrambler.

3. Ryan Kalil-OT 7.5 Another outstanding offensive lineman, very strong run-blocker especially.

Worst 3 Performers on Offense

1. Chris Scott-OL -9.9 The weak link in Carolina's OL, horrendous run blocker, average as a pass blocker.**(Has a knee injury that may keep him out of the game).

2. Byron Bell-OL -0.2 Has played average so far this season, struggles as a run blocker, pretty good as a pass blocker.

3. Brandon LaFell WR -0.2 Mostly disappointing wide receiver, has had some decent games but has a tendency to disappear for whole games.

Top 3 Performers on Defense

1. Star Lotulelei-DT 13.4 Rookie DT has been a difference maker for the Panthers defense,has been highly effective in stopping the run.

2. Greg Hardy-DL 9.4 Very effective all around, good at rushing the passer and stuffing the run.

3. Charles Johnson-DL 5.4 Very explosive, athletic pass rusher, struggles in stopping the run however.

Worst 3 Performers on Defense

They honestly don't have any, their entire defense has been very good, most of the guys who rank the lowest have played very low amounts of snaps, their regular defensive performers are all doing well up to this point, very underrated tough, smart defense.

Carolina Panthers Overall Rankings

OFFENSE

Offense-Ranked 2nd

Overall Passing Offense-14th

Overall Rushing Offense-3rd

Overall Pass-Blocking-2nd

Overall Run-Blocking-2nd

DEFENSE

Overall Defense Ranked 9th

Overall Run Defense-Ranked 20th

Overall Pass Defense-Ranked 4th

Overall Pass Rush-Ranked 16th

SPECIAL TEAMS

Special Teams-Ranked 27th Overall.

Overall this is a very dangerous team, they might even be better than New Orleans, top to bottom, they have an exceptional defense that is solid throughout with no real weaknesses. They've scored 30 points in 5 of their games, they have an underrated offense that can be potentially explosive, their running game has struggled at times this season although with Cam Newton they have the added dimension of being able to rack up yards on the ground through scrambles. They have only given up over 100 yards rushing once this season, their DL is extremely formidable and their LB's are led by Luke Kuechly, just an all-around terrific defense combined with some timely offense, this team will be a handful for the 49ers to deal with.

Their turnover differential is +6, putting them just ahead of the 49ers. Carolina has been giving up an average of 13.7 ppg, which is 2nd in the NFL, at the same time they've been scoring about 25 points a game, so a very tough team, 49ers better bring their A game, if they come out somewhat flat-footed, this is the type of team that could put them in a double digit deficit pretty damn quickly.

A major key is to get pressure on Newton regularly. The Cardinals so far are the only ones who really took it to Carolina and they ended up with 7 sacks and 3 INT's in that game. Cam Newton's passer rating drops almost 30 points when he is blitzed. When he isn't blitzed, his QB rating is 104, when he is, its 77, all in all, he's been playing very well for much of this season. Other than the Cards game, he has been stellar.

Nice post. Thanx

Much agreed! Great post thanx also :)
Share 49ersWebzone