LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Cut em up!!!!
I think we air it out more this game than in the past weeks. Carolina is very stout against the run and you can bet they will dare us to pass the ball. I just hope we respond in kind, giving their secondary the beating we gave Green Bay's. I hope Roman doesn't keep pounding at that Carolina front on first and second down every time we've got the ball if it isn't working. Doing that will make for a long day on offense and many 3rd and long situations. Come out slinging, then they'll back off and we will likely have more success running.
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
I think we air it out more this game than in the past weeks. Carolina is very stout against the run and you can bet they will dare us to pass the ball. I just hope we respond in kind, giving their secondary the beating we gave Green Bay's. I hope Roman doesn't keep pounding at that Carolina front on first and second down every time we've got the ball if it isn't working. Doing that will make for a long day on offense and many 3rd and long situations. Come out slinging, then they'll back off and we will likely have more success running.

i think we still run it, texans were number 1 against the run when they played us to but that didn't stop us from what we do best, we are the number 1 rushing team, and to go away from that is the wrong gameplan i say, who cares if their stout against the run, still run it down their throat with the best Oline in football.
Originally posted by saj4423:
Originally posted by ace52:
Why haven't the Niners activated Manningham yet? I kept hearing that he was going to be activated soon, but still no official word from the Niners.
I think he will be needed in this game, as are all our pass catching options.

They have until tomorrow to do so. There is no reason to activate Manningham and Wright any earlier.
They have both been activated according to twitter!
I get the impression the Panthers stack up similar to the Colts in terms of our schedule. This is a different 49er team than was facing the Colts in terms of mindset. The Super Bowl hangover and the loss to the Seahawks played a part in the loss to the Colts. I think the 49er D will bring Cam back to the earth and the team will continue a methodical climb up the ladder to be the top seed in the NFC. I can't wait to see Tank hit the field and the continued development of Dial.
7m #49ers officially announce addition of Mario Manningham, Eric Wright to active roster; waived Nnamdi Asomugha.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Expand
Better than the Panthers across the board? Do you even know what the rankings are? We shut down AP, CJ Spiller, Doug Martin.. next to be stopped will be Gore
CAR is 3rd in the league in point differential.

But that still doesn't change the fact that CAR is a pretender with wins against NYG, MIN, STL, TB, ATL.

Losses vs BUF, ARI and SEA. ARI and SEA nearly shut them out.

SF: 35
CAR: 13 because we somehow always find a way of letting the opponent get double digits. Effing Fangio!
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 4, 2013 at 1:37 PM ]
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:

i think we still run it, texans were number 1 against the run when they played us to but that didn't stop us from what we do best, we are the number 1 rushing team, and to go away from that is the wrong gameplan i say, who cares if their stout against the run, still run it down their throat with the best Oline in football.

This. It demoralizes teams when we do this and it wears on them late in the game
Carolina D is 1st in total points, 3rd in total defense, 2nd against the run, and 10th against the pass and you're going to blow us out? Homerism at its finest.

So pumped for this game! It will be my first game at the stick. How early should I show up to buy a parking pass at the gate? Because I definitely want to get some tailgating in.
I don't think y'all are giving the Panthers enough credit. This is going to be a very tough game for both teams, and will probably come down to one possession to determine the winner.
[ Edited by Montsta on Nov 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM ]
pretenders for sure
Originally posted by cltpanther:
Carolina D is 1st in total points, 3rd in total defense, 2nd against the run, and 10th against the pass and you're going to blow us out? Homerism at its finest.

You are going to need more then stats to beat the NFC champs. I love it when a "hot team" comes to town. Their fans show up on our boards, talk about how good their team is, tell us about randome players that don't mean s**t to anyone besides that team, and end up disappearing after we layeth the smack down on their candy assses.

Cam Newton should get ready for a long day.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by cltpanther:

I personally don't foresee a blow out, Carolina is a tough team and their D is legit. That being said I like our chances coming out of the bye week, we always play good football with extra time to prepare.
Share 49ersWebzone