There are 204 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I believe this is going to be a close game which favors us at home. Carolina could win this game, but I'm not convinced they know how to win close games especially against a good team like ours. I like the test for us and there's no way we're overlooking them.

All in all I think Carolina will have to play their best game of the last few years to beat us. I don't count on that happening.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I wonder how Fangio will scheme against Cam, I don't think he's ever faced a QB like him.

Wilson is a better scrambler

And Cam is stronger and a lot harder to bring down, kinda like Big Ben in his hey-day. He's also not afraid to sacrifice his body to get first downs by diving head first.

he also sucks

Cam sucks? Cams been playing great the last 4 or 5 games dude. guys a stud. this is gonna be a tough game whether people like to admit it or not. they have a tough defense, they can run and they have a mobile, strong armed qb whos making smart decisions with the ball. gonna be a tough game but were always our best against tough opponents so i think we got this. were also gonna get some help back and weve had two weeks to prep for them

I don't think Newton sucks at all.

Seems to me that the Panthers have the type of team that we have trouble beating. A big arm, dual threat QB, persistent running game, and very stout D.

I think the key to the game will be to put some real heavy pressure on Cam Newton, but I'm not too confident in 49ers pass rush as of late, so I'm really hoping Aldon Smith plays in this game.

the niners need to keep contain on the outside and rush bowman, willis, whitner or reid up the middle. thats the best way to defend a mobil qb. keep him in the smallest, must unstable pocket they can. we have the defense to get it done. their defense will break down against our run game. weve been incredible on the ground lately and we should get some help in the receiving department with Rio coming back. should be a great game, a lot closer than the other games weve played recently but I think we got this
blah...the Panthers haven't beaten anyone with a winning record...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't think Newton sucks at all.

Seems to me that the Panthers have the type of team that we have trouble beating. A big arm, dual threat QB, persistent running game, and very stout D.

I think the key to the game will be to put some real heavy pressure on Cam Newton, but I'm not too confident in 49ers pass rush as of late, so I'm really hoping Aldon Smith plays in this game.

This is going to be on Fangio. Arizona had success against Carolina and blitzed them regularly from like 50 different directions, 49ers need to find a way to manufacture consistent pass rush all game long.

Yea I agree. I'd like to see our defense blitz the crap out of Newton (maybe unleash Bowman!?), but it just doesn't seem like Fangio's style.
30-17
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
42-3, panthers
Cam throws 3 INT's and fumbles another one: 10-26 210, 1TD, 3 INT's
Kaep has 4 TD's and runs for another: 18-21 336, 4TD's, 0 INT's
Gore 19 carries for 127 yds

21-3 Panthers
Because of financial restraints (student budget), I've only been able to attend 2-3 regular season games a year for the past few years.

In these games, I've never witnessed a regular season lost; I also don't believe in "jinxing".

That said, we will win. And we will do so comfortably.

Just trust me, guys.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
31-17 niners, no excuse to lose at home after 2 weeks to prepare

That's my guess for the score, too (as long as the 9ers defense scores a touchdown ) I think maybe Roman is going to roll out some new wrinkles - one or two perhaps involving James. I would really like to see the 9ers continue to have long, time-eating drives like they have the last few games. That could be tough with the Panthers excellent run defense, though, so if the 9ers do end up with a big time of possession advantage, that will be a really good sign. Gotta keep those turnover numbers, low, too.
[ Edited by 49erphan on Nov 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
gonna be a tough close game. the D needs to wreak havoc and cause Cam to make mistakes.

I don't think the 9ers will tip their hand for what is coming on defense in the playoffs yet.

But I do expect them to amp it up just one small notch in creativity for this game and most of the second half of the season.

Newton will see just a few new looks and get his mind swimming a little. But just a handful.

Same on offense if the ground game stalls a little.

LMJ or somebody other than williams will be receiving kicks also.

Carolina is gonna hit the field ready to play and they can be pretty darn good. This should be a surprisingly good game.
Originally posted by boast:
gonna be a tough close game. the D needs to wreak havoc and cause Cam to make mistakes.

I think so too
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Nov 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM ]
Anyone have a funny feeling that we're due for a letdown after everything has been looking up since those two debacles early in the season?

Yea, me neither, 34-14 Niners.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by boast:

I think so too

I have a feeling the KW bug will bite us...Game after game he is getting worse
Looks like the Panthers have some potential O-line injury issues:http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/1815/former-dl-could-start-at-right-guard
Share 49ersWebzone