LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

2013 - Week 6: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Was at this game. Great to see the folks stepping up with all the injuries. What got us frustrated was two picks in the early part of the game returned deep in the red zone and all we get is some FGs. We need TDs there.
[ Edited by 1biggi on Oct 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Did anyone notice on the second red-zone possesion when Kaep had his pass battered down on a 3rd and goal that he was throwing that pass to Baldwin which would had been a touchdown...... wow that would have been a touchdown.

wasn't it to Miller?

I was pissed at kap until i saw that it was batted.
Originally posted by 1biggi:
Was at this game. Great to see the folks stepping up with all the injuries. What got us frustrated was two picks in the early part of the game returned deep in the red zone and all we get is some FGs. We need TDs there.

Wow, how did you puzzle that one out?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Did anyone notice on the second red-zone possesion when Kaep had his pass battered down on a 3rd and goal that he was throwing that pass to Baldwin which would had been a touchdown...... wow that would have been a touchdown.

wasn't it to Miller?

Ya..it was Miller.

Good play by the D.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Us now

Us later on the rest of the NFL.

Any questions?

LOL!!

wasn't it to Miller?

I just watched it on my dvr, it was Baldwin on a slant.
anybody have a link to re watch the game online? no DVR in my dorm
I thought that Miller played a very good game and Kaep is using him more and more. It still seems strange to me that Roman does not use screen to the RBs. Glad that Williams caught a pass so there is still life out there for the WRs but not much. Punt returns are pathetic and Harbaalke needs to get us a true punt returner. Special teams are doing well. Backfield had some errors but played well over all. Power running was great especially in that last long drive. Good game over all.
Originally posted by verb1der:

wasn't it to Miller?

Thank you...just waiting on whomeam to upload the game to rewatch and analyze. Also, do you think it was tipped b/c it was a predictable play call? Quick roll right and toss to the WR? CK seemed to hesitate on this one and then was late, tipped and INT? Can't remember...but there were a number of plays that you could tell by formation alone what was coming (run or pass) and the Cards seemed to key in on them. The good news is that on that 4Q drive, it didn't matter...they knew what was coming and just got ran over.
quick weird question, does Kap's trowing motion look different than last year?

Originally posted by NCommand:

wasn't it to Miller?

Thank you...just waiting on whomeam to upload the game to rewatch and analyze. Also, do you think it was tipped b/c it was a predictable play call? Quick roll right and toss to the WR? CK seemed to hesitate on this one and then was late, tipped and INT? Can't remember...but there were a number of plays that you could tell by formation alone what was coming (run or pass) and the Cards seemed to key in on them. The good news is that on that 4Q drive, it didn't matter...they knew what was coming and just got ran over.

I think it was a mixture of the play being a 1 read play, and Kaep taking the snap from under center. It's too easy for the defensive line to read play because Kaep literally has to get up and set his feet make the throw, at that point it just becomes a jump drill for the dline to try and bat it down. Credit to the Cards defense, they played it well! Too bad it was on 3rd down.
[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 14, 2013 at 11:40 AM ]
All I know is that we are not creative at all with our passing offense. Screens get blown up, no RB or FB circle routes. Very little utilization of the TE on underneath routes.

It has to be a combination of Kap not getting the complete offense and Roman sucking at the passing designs.

wasn't it to Miller?

OHHH.

Sorry...I thought you were referring to the INT. Sorry.
Fine post Marvin.

My 2 cents.

You're partially right on ST. KW just can't get any real yards on returns.

I didn't think Brown had a very good game on D.

Our 1st half offensive play calling sucked! Among other things, 3rd &16 and Robag calls a run - why?

Titans will be a tough game - they have a solid D.

IMO, the next 2 games is where Fangio should get our2 rookies some game experience. Dial at NT in obvious run situations and Tank to spell Ray Mac who wasn't his old self yesterday.

Lemonier is playing like a talented rookie. Some excellent plays some average plays. The more time he gets playing the better he'll be. Overrunning is a rookie mistake. And I'm sure we'll all agree - the talent is definitely there.

Classless move by the "fans" w/the wave.

Another classless move was Boone getting kicked in the face. Will the league hand down a fine for that???
Originally posted by JCStormbringer:
quick weird question, does Kap's trowing motion look different than last year?

You Irish, dude? !!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone