There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 - Week 6: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Originally posted by Marvin49:
I'll keep doing that till he gets to 16 starts.

This was his 16th start
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I'll keep doing that till he gets to 16 starts.

This was his 16th start


Counting the playoffs. :)

I'm talking regular season.
Yeah Vernon looks like he's about 80-85 percent. You definitely can see it in his stride. This is good news though because he still burns people, which means he can play until he's 40 if he wants to. He has that type of work ethic and genetics.


Reid has been playing like a beast. One thing I was wondering though is if he was suppose to have deep help on that long bomb down the sideline to Golden where Rogers got beat.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
He is serious and he's right.

Sack was great and the forced fumble was good....but that doesn't mean he played a perfect game. He is too often pushed beyond the pocket and got victimized on draws.

Two things can be equally true. He made some good plays and was victimized on others.


Of course he will get victimized...HE'S A ROOKIE!!!! Also I never said he played a perfect game.

He's not coming into the NFL and playing 100% disciplined defense. I know that's everyone's expectations of our rookies...to play like 8 year vets...but it just doesn't happen that way. Maybe my patience level allows me to see his mistakes and brush them off because I know he will learn. But the kid made two very impactful plays...that a lot of rookies do not make. That shows me he is a playmaker and once he gains experience he will be that much better.

I'm just not as critical of guys who have played a grand total of 24 quarters in their NFL careers.
We're 4-2. That's all that matters. We have two more games coming up that we should win. That's all that matters. If we get to the halfway point at 6-2 -- we're in good shape. And that is really all that matters. Stats don't mean crud when it comes to push and shove. And the final eight games will be just that: push and shove.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
We're 4-2. That's all that matters. We have two more games coming up that we should win. That's all that matters. If we get to the halfway point at 6-2 -- we're in good shape. And that is really all that matters. Stats don't mean crud when it comes to push and shove. And the final eight games will be just that: push and shove.


So true
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
He is serious and he's right.

Sack was great and the forced fumble was good....but that doesn't mean he played a perfect game. He is too often pushed beyond the pocket and got victimized on draws.

Two things can be equally true. He made some good plays and was victimized on others.


Of course he will get victimized...HE'S A ROOKIE!!!! Also I never said he played a perfect game.

He's not coming into the NFL and playing 100% disciplined defense. I know that's everyone's expectations of our rookies...to play like 8 year vets...but it just doesn't happen that way. Maybe my patience level allows me to see his mistakes and brush them off because I know he will learn. But the kid made two very impactful plays...that a lot of rookies do not make. That shows me he is a playmaker and once he gains experience he will be that much better.

I'm just not as critical of guys who have played a grand total of 24 quarters in their NFL careers.


....and at what point did anyone say he's NOT a rookie?

This entire thread is about things we see watching the game. Pointing out that he made mistakes doesn't mean we think he sucks and should be replaced. It means he made good plays and bad plays and we are pointing that out. He will most certainly improve and we like him as a player...but he has some stuff to work on.

RELAX.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,923
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
We're 4-2. That's all that matters. We have two more games coming up that we should win. That's all that matters. If we get to the halfway point at 6-2 -- we're in good shape. And that is really all that matters. Stats don't mean crud when it comes to push and shove. And the final eight games will be just that: push and shove.


So true
could not win three in a row last year
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Counting the playoffs. :)

I'm talking regular season.

Ok hes got three more games your right as usual marv.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Counting the playoffs. :)

I'm talking regular season.

Ok hes got three more games your right as usual marv.


HEHE. No worries.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
The problem with getting Nicks or Gordon isnt whether they would work here or keep themselves out of trouble though its the $$$.

Gordon's contract runs through 2015 and he's on a cheap contract. However, his behavior scares me.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Gordon's contract runs through 2015 and he's on a cheap contract. However, his behavior scares me.

And is he really worth losing a draft pick if theres high chances of him not even being able to play. imo no not worth it. If nicks was on a cheaper contract i would say he is worth it but still with the injuries i get nervous.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
We're 4-2. That's all that matters. We have two more games coming up that we should win. That's all that matters. If we get to the halfway point at 6-2 -- we're in good shape. And that is really all that matters. Stats don't mean crud when it comes to push and shove. And the final eight games will be just that: push and shove.


So true
could not win three in a row last year
That's a crazy thought as I think back to last year. It was the whole 2 wins 1 loss cycle every 3 weeks. So I wonder if this year's team is better?
It looked like Reid helped Willis strip the ball from Fitzgerald and then Reid went and recovered it. Good to see him getting in on plays and contributing heavily to the defense.
Thos Tiants aren't a joke. They're nearly beating some legit teams. They're so close if they could just finish. I hope our offense comes out to play and doesn't give them the oppurtunity.