There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

are we underutilizing our players? the state of the franchise...

Originally posted by x--OoO--x:
If they let LMJ walk next year, he will most certainly get scooped up by SEA.. Unless, the FO trades him, I don't think they will let him walk. LMJ has talent, if we can't get it out of him, SOMETEAM will... It's going to haunt us in the end.. plus that means the whole 2012 draft was a mulligan...... the WHOLE draft, lmao.. WTF...


The be fair about it, Baldwin is Jenkins ... and that story is still being written. Also, if James is traded it would take some time to assess the value of whatever they get in return.
[ Edited by Bluesbro on Oct 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM ]
Not only is LMJ not used properly he wasn't even in uniform yesterday
I do want to give props to Roman for using a REAL reverse (not a fake) once in the past two games (Williams and Moore, respectively). Both with great success. Roman's MO is that when he finds a play that works, you'll probably never see it again b/c "we didn't get back to it" (in the script) and I cautioned all, we'd never see another reverse run again (so enjoy the Williams reverse). I stand corrected and will gladly eat my crow now! LOL
Given our obvious need for offensive play makers I doubt that LMJ's lack of touches and now inactivity has anything to do with something behind the scenes.... this is the NFL where you can get hammered and drive into a tree at 7:00 AM, practice hours later.... and play in the game two days later.... this is a talent issue.... there is simply nothing that LMJ does that Hunter or somebody else can not do better....
Why even draft Lamichael in the second round if you're not going to use him? Hunter and Gore are obviously the better runners, but Lamichael brings a lot of versatility. I'd like to see him returning. I'd also like to see us use him in a Darren Sproles type of role. He may not be Darren Sproles, but the dude can make plays out in space. But apparently Greg Roman thinks Bruce Miller is more dangerous out wide..
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, got to use LMJ on more screen plays, he'd be a monster.


That might make too much sense...best to just play it safe and keep throwing them to Dixon. And I'd hate to miss out on the excitement of more 22-yd kickoff returns by Kyle Williams.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Oct 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM ]
They're saving it for the playoffs.
Originally posted by Fourplay:
Given our obvious need for offensive play makers I doubt that LMJ's lack of touches and now inactivity has anything to do with something behind the scenes.... this is the NFL where you can get hammered and drive into a tree at 7:00 AM, practice hours later.... and play in the game two days later.... this is a talent issue.... there is simply nothing that LMJ does that Hunter or somebody else can not do better....


That's absolutely ridiculous, unless of course you truly believe Anthony Dixon can do more with a screen pass than LMJ.
yeah Kilgore was just a decoy.. but i had to put it out there.. how many times did u see a lineman lined up at receiver? i never have..
all i am saying is that i feel like our coaches are having hard time trusting players and they chose the safe route..its great that we are winning!! but look at the broncos and even seattle.. they can put teams away and put that nail on the coffin in early 4th quarter..

we could have and should have put the cardinals away with a touch down by the end of the half!
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Why even draft Lamichael in the second round if you're not going to use him? Hunter and Gore are obviously the better runners, but Lamichael brings a lot of versatility. I'd like to see him returning. I'd also like to see us use him in a Darren Sproles type of role. He may not be Darren Sproles, but the dude can make plays out in space. But apparently Greg Roman thinks Bruce Miller is more dangerous out wide..

exactly what bugs the crap out of me!
Originally posted by kazak13:
yeah Kilgore was just a decoy.. but i had to put it out there.. how many times did u see a lineman lined up at receiver? i never have..
all i am saying is that i feel like our coaches are having hard time trusting players and they chose the safe route..its great that we are winning!! but look at the broncos and even seattle.. they can put teams away and put that nail on the coffin in early 4th quarter..

we could have and should have put the cardinals away with a touch down by the end of the half!

Broncos / 49ers = Apples / Oranges. TOTALLY different talent package and even more different offensive / defensive philosophies. If the two teams swapped rosters you'd get a totally different story on both sides.

Some teams are built to run up the score. Others are built to take the lead and keep it (us).

As for James, how do you think the D is gonna react when they see him on the field? They know he can't pass block so they know damn well we're not running a pass play with him in the backfield. Unless it's a read option play, the defense KNOWS he's going to carry the ball be it run or screen. Not going to be very effective very often. With Hunter, we can run ANY play we run with Gore.
Originally posted by kazak13:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Why even draft Lamichael in the second round if you're not going to use him? Hunter and Gore are obviously the better runners, but Lamichael brings a lot of versatility. I'd like to see him returning. I'd also like to see us use him in a Darren Sproles type of role. He may not be Darren Sproles, but the dude can make plays out in space. But apparently Greg Roman thinks Bruce Miller is more dangerous out wide..

exactly what bugs the crap out of me!

Actually, Bruce HAS been one of our most dangerous receivers. Definitely more effective in the pass game than Moore or Williams have been. He has been very reliable and MOST of his receptions result in a first down.

I get what you guys are saying about Sproles, but James is soooo not Sproles. I really get what you're going for but it's not the same. It would not work out the same way.
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Actually, Bruce HAS been one of our most dangerous receivers. Definitely more effective in the pass game than Moore or Williams have been. He has been very reliable and MOST of his receptions result in a first down.

I get what you guys are saying about Sproles, but James is soooo not Sproles. I really get what you're going for but it's not the same. It would not work out the same way.

I have no idea where fans got it in there heads that LMJ is a Sproles type rb.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Actually, Bruce HAS been one of our most dangerous receivers. Definitely more effective in the pass game than Moore or Williams have been. He has been very reliable and MOST of his receptions result in a first down.

I get what you guys are saying about Sproles, but James is soooo not Sproles. I really get what you're going for but it's not the same. It would not work out the same way.

I have no idea where fans got it in there heads that LMJ is a Sproles type rb.

Sproles is short and quick. James is short and quick. Naturally people assume they should have the same success, but Sproles is not successful just because he's short and quick. There's much much more to it than that. There are many players in the NFL who fit the speed and body type of Sproles who are fortunate just to be on anybody's roster. Sproles is a rare find. People forget that Sproles was once an EVERY DOWN back. He was San Diego's feature back until a guy named LaDainian Tomlinson came around and ran him out of town. James is not that back - plain and simple.
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Originally posted by kazak13:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Why even draft Lamichael in the second round if you're not going to use him? Hunter and Gore are obviously the better runners, but Lamichael brings a lot of versatility. I'd like to see him returning. I'd also like to see us use him in a Darren Sproles type of role. He may not be Darren Sproles, but the dude can make plays out in space. But apparently Greg Roman thinks Bruce Miller is more dangerous out wide..

exactly what bugs the crap out of me!

Actually, Bruce HAS been one of our most dangerous receivers. Definitely more effective in the pass game than Moore or Williams have been. He has been very reliable and MOST of his receptions result in a first down.

I get what you guys are saying about Sproles, but James is soooo not Sproles. I really get what you're going for but it's not the same. It would not work out the same way.

LOL miller has been one of our most dangerous receivers. Miller has great hands for a fullback and has made some nice first downs. But his catches have come off of misdirection and roll out passes to the flat when he comes out of the backfield. He's not beating any defensive backs out wide. Like I said James is not Sproles, but he has similar talent and we can definitely use him in that type of role. He has the ability to make guys miss in open space and the speed to separate from people on routes. He's not being used properly. Just like how Ted Ginn wasn't used properly. When you have guys with that type of speed or agility, you need to get them in open space and let them make plays.