There are 152 users in the forums

Our Fans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wonder how loud we r in candlestick probably not in the same league as KC and seattle
Originally posted by fister30:
I seriously doubt people were doing the wave because they were showing some sort of gratification towards campbell's injury. That being said, who give's a #hit if the fans want to entertain themselves while a player is tended to. Players need to get over themselves. Cheering somebody's injury is one thing, going to get a hot dog, a beer or participating in the wave while somebody is being looked over by medical staff is something different.

The same fans who were doing the wave cheered for campbell when he gave the thumbs up while being carted off. WTF else do you want, maybe some virgins, flowers, and get well cards as he exits the stadium.... Grow a pair people.

I guess that they assumed that the crowd was celebrating, someone on Twitter should let Jed and Snyder know the situation. I noticed that they gave Calais an ovation when they wheeled him off the feild. The wave is pretty lame anyway...
Originally posted by 49Fever:
I wonder how loud we r in candlestick probably not in the same league as KC and seattle

Funny that Kansas City took the shehawk noise record from them
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Oct 14, 2013 at 7:01 AM ]
I don't do the wave, I think it's lame. Reminds me of flippin high school...annoying!!!!
Jed is an absolute class act and represents all the Niners STILL represent. It is sad with fan violence and classless acts like this b/c that is NOT what this franchise stands for on any level. A few bad apples should not ruin a tremendous fanbase rich is tradition and respect for the game and it's players.
Originally posted by Montana:
I don't do the wave, I think it's lame. Reminds me of flippin high school...annoying!!!!

cool
Originally posted by 49Fever:

Not even close lol.
Lol, San Francisco is a baseball city through and through. A good chunk of the fans come to Candlestick and treat it like they're at a baseball game. Quiet as hell when we're on defense and then get loud, hyped, or even starts chanting "Lets Go Niners!" when we're on critical third downs. LOL! It's like they've never been to a football game before!

Hopefully at Levi's Stadium they have those things where it alerts the fans when to be quiet or when to get loud.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Oct 14, 2013 at 7:19 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Andre Johnson called the Houston fans classless for cheering when Schuab got hurt.

The 49er fans doing the wave had a little more class than that.

I know for our fact our fans would have cheered a few years ago during the game they chanted "we want Carr" if Alex Smith went down with a serious injury.
  • Jiks
I seriously doubt people were doing the wave because they were showing some sort of gratification towards campbell's injury. That being said, who give's a #hit if the fans want to entertain themselves while a player is tended to. Players need to get over themselves. Cheering somebody's injury is one thing, going to get a hot dog, a beer or participating in the wave while somebody is being looked over by medical staff is something different.

The same fans who were doing the wave cheered for campbell when he gave the thumbs up while being carted off. WTF else do you want, maybe some virgins, flowers, and get well cards as he exits the stadium.... Grow a pair people.

The guy was being carted off with possible life changing injuries. I'm sorry but cheering while that is going on is somewhat f**ked up.

• kray28
  • Veteran
I don't think the fans were cheering the injury. I think the players and Jed are overreacting about the wave though. Probably not appropriate....but compared to some of the other classless behavior seen in other NFL games just yesterday (see Houston), I really don't think it was all that bad.
  • dj43
Originally posted by kray28:
I don't think the fans were cheering the injury. I think the players and Jed are overreacting about the wave though. Probably not appropriate....but compared to some of the other classless behavior seen in other NFL games just yesterday (see Houston), I really don't think it was all that bad.

We should NEVER justify our actions by the fact someone else did something similar.

Not picking on you personally...
  • dj43
Originally posted by NCommand:
Jed is an absolute class act and represents all the Niners STILL represent. It is sad with fan violence and classless acts like this b/c that is NOT what this franchise stands for on any level. A few bad apples should not ruin a tremendous fanbase rich is tradition and respect for the game and it's players.

Totally agree. Unfortunately it takes more than a few bad apples to do the wave. A lot of folks may have just got caught up in it without thinking but it was still wrong.

This. They were simply clueless and bored during a huge delay. They weren't cheering though. They only cheered when he raised his arm while being taken off.

Obviously someone who was doing the wave? What the heck does this have to do with growing a pair? It's not about growing a pair, it's about simple humanity. For all anyone knew, the guy could have had a devastating injury that would impact not only his life but that of his family, and you think it's ok to be disrespectful of the situation by doing something as simple-minded as the wave? Even after the announcer on the PA said, "Shhh"? Wow, well I guess you've got balls, unlike the rest of us!
Share 49ersWebzone