Originally posted by HALCIONDAZE:
Who still does the wave? Grab a clue.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Our fans .... gripe about 4-2

Both of these.
our fanbase is stupid.

the warriorrs hav the best fanbase in NBA
the sharks have a very good nhl fanbase
the giants have a very good fanbase in MLB....
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by dreNmel08:
Whats wrong with the wave? If there wasnt an injury of course

Ignoring the injury, doing The Wave means you aren't watching the game. It means you're bored. It means you're so bored by the game itself that you're looking to the people around you for entertainment. THAT's the wave.

Now, during a baseball game, I kinda get it. You're relaxing on a warm afternoon, beer in hand, it's a low scoring game... hey the wave is starting in the middle of the 6th inning. Sure, why not, especially if your team is out of the playoff race.

But at a football game? F. THAT. NOISE. The dudes on the field are going to war down there. Pay attention and stop messing around.

Granted, if the home team is up by 21+, maybe, JUST maybe the wave can break out. But even then, I can't help but...

This ^^^^
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
we have the worst fans in the league in terms of derps knowing when to cheer or not

This. It's ridiculous when our crowd starts cheering super loud for our 3rd down on offense. Ugh lol

can't remember what game I was watching last week but on their jumbotrons, they were displaying "SHHHH" when the team was on offense and of course, "GET LOUD" when they were on D. We BETTER have something like that at our new stadium. Just gotta hope who ever's manning it knows WTF they're doing.

I was there, and was definitely NOT joining in. Besides the injury part, the wave is an LA thing, and no bay area sports fan should do it.

To suggest the fans "didnt know it was serious" is a lame excuse. Everyone saw them wheel out the stretcher. Most of the fans at the game were a bunch of drunk, pants-sagging, fake jersey wearing tools. The crowd didnt even know when to get loud and when to shut up. Hopefully the new stadium will attract less people with neck tattoos.
Originally posted by Niners99:
I was there, and was definitely NOT joining in. Besides the injury part, the wave is an LA thing, and no bay area sports fan should do it.

To suggest the fans "didnt know it was serious" is a lame excuse. Everyone saw them wheel out the stretcher. Most of the fans at the game were a bunch of drunk, pants-sagging, fake jersey wearing tools. The crowd didnt even know when to get loud and when to shut up. Hopefully the new stadium will attract less people with neck tattoos.

Nice way to be judgmental dood.....
It makes sense... Been dealing with a lot of these awesome fans on the board for years now. Pretty low and embarrassing doing the wave as a guy is getting strapped to a board with potential life changing injuries. The same when people fight over cheese graters, or constantly trash our players to the point of almost wanting to ruin their lives outside of football.

Kind of makes me realize how barbaric this game really is.
I was in San Bruno on Saturday and i cannot believe how much 49er/giants stuff I saw people wearing. I mean, 1/4 people were wearing either giants or 49ers gear and no raider/a's fans whatsoever. You never see that in SF. They hardly love the 49ers there.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Nice way to be judgmental dood.....

It might sound bad the way he said it but the crowds do look like gangsta conventions more and more. Times change I guess.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/10/13/some-49ers-felt-candlestick-fans-were-disrespectful/

As this link states, our fans are so clueless when it comes to football.

Don't get me started on how often they start to cheer and chant go Niners on critical downs. Or the fact that they leave the game at end of 3rd quarter to beat traffic (wtf do you come to the game if you miss the end in close games).

When they started to do the wave it was embarrassing. I had these people beside me who were all giddy about doing it. I told them a player was down and seriously hurt. They didn't seem to care.

Embarrassing.

This needs to be stickied
  • buck
  • Veteran
Andre Johnson called the Houston fans classless for cheering when Schuab got hurt.

The 49er fans doing the wave had a little more class than that.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
It might sound bad the way he said it but the crowds do look like gangsta conventions more and more. Times change I guess.

This is an extremely small sample size but i noticed alot of norte's wearing niner gear now. Ten years ago when the raiders were the dominate team, they were wearing raider gear.
I seriously doubt people were doing the wave because they were showing some sort of gratification towards campbell's injury. That being said, who give's a #hit if the fans want to entertain themselves while a player is tended to. Players need to get over themselves. Cheering somebody's injury is one thing, going to get a hot dog, a beer or participating in the wave while somebody is being looked over by medical staff is something different.

The same fans who were doing the wave cheered for campbell when he gave the thumbs up while being carted off. WTF else do you want, maybe some virgins, flowers, and get well cards as he exits the stadium.... Grow a pair people.