There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our Fans

Originally posted by dreNmel08:
Whats wrong with the wave? If there wasnt an injury of course

Its not the wave itself, its that fans at the Stick seem to never know the right time to do it
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Snyder ‏@ASnyds68

Fans: when players are hurt, it's not in good taste to cheer, boo, or do the wave.

Please understand that we put our livelihoods on the line on each and every play.

We as players appreciate every fan but when we get hurt, it's real life. It HURTS. not cool to hear people cheering and or whatever.
[ Edited by Jcool on Oct 13, 2013 at 10:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Snyder ‏@ASnyds68

Fans: when players are hurt, it's not in good taste to cheer, boo, or do the wave.

Please understand that we put our livelihoods on the line on each and every play.

We as players appreciate every fan but when we get hurt, it's real life. It HURTS. not cool to hear people cheering and or whatever.

pathetic

It's stupid.

Once upon a time, Candlestick fans, be it 49ers or Giants, would boo the everloving s*** out of any attempts to start the wave.
Every team, every sport has trashy fans! This shouldn't surprise anyone!
originated at oakland a's games and made it's way to the global soccer scene (world cup)

it's stupid.

why fans were doing it today while players were on a knee... hoping/praying for a non-serious injury was awful.

I yelled at a few idiots trying to do the wave
The 49er fan base has changed a lot in the past 15 years. Used to be the same people went to the game every week. Then as those older fans died off or were no longer able to go to the game, they sold their season tickets and large businesses bought them. Those tickets now get handed out as perks and the people who get them often are not all that interested in football, they just go because they got a free seat. They don't know how to act at a game.
meh people pay good money for those seats and half the time we sit around waiting for tv timeouts and other stops in play I don't blame people for amusing themselves. I was there and I didn't participate in the wave but I don't think it's that big of a deal.
[ Edited by susweel on Oct 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM ]
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
A lot of our fan base are starting to resemble Raider fans. What a f**king disgrace.

Its all the leftover Raider loser fans, that realized the 49ers was where it's at! Too bad most of them are trailer trash...
I was at the game and agree it was classless to do the wave during what was obviously a serious injury. The announcer even said "Shhh" over the PA system and that didn't even get the messsage across. I'm discouraged to attend games by the classless and moronic behavior I see each time, including guys who think it's necessary to stand up for every play, regardless of whether it's a critical moment or not. I even see guys standing and not even paying attention to what's going on on the field!? One idiot today looked like he was texting or checking emails or something! WTF?! Its' annoying at the least.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
This is nothing. Andy Reid use to have everything thrown at him after an Eagles home loss. This same fanbase also cheered when Michael Irvin suffered a serious injurty. And there was the incident during the 94-95 season when Steelers fans were throwing iceballs at the San Diego bench. One clocked a Chargers assistant pretty good I recall.

Not condoning what some of the Niner fans did today, but that wave wasn't the worse fan thing ever.

I remember that! It was actually the Chargers HC, Bobby Ross. The iceball knocked him out cold.

Every fan base has stupid/dangerous fans, but we're not nearly as bad as some of those east coast fan bases.
If it snowed in SF our fans would throw knifes instead of snowballs
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Snyder ‏@ASnyds68

pathetic

how so? Its disrespectful to do any of that when an injury occurs. It's a frigging game, players put their lives on the line, if you cant respect that, then dont go to the game. I always respect others. And do onto them as you would want done onto you.
what if the player is seriously injured, and stupid ass drunk fans are like, "yeah, lets do the f**king wave for fun, while a player could be seriously hurt, but who cares I am too drunk".

Ignoring the injury, doing The Wave means you aren't watching the game. It means you're bored. It means you're so bored by the game itself that you're looking to the people around you for entertainment. THAT's the wave.

Now, during a baseball game, I kinda get it. You're relaxing on a warm afternoon, beer in hand, it's a low scoring game... hey the wave is starting in the middle of the 6th inning. Sure, why not, especially if your team is out of the playoff race.

But at a football game? F. THAT. NOISE. The dudes on the field are going to war down there. Pay attention and stop messing around.

Granted, if the home team is up by 21+, maybe, JUST maybe the wave can break out. But even then, I can't help but...
Stay classy