LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 152 users in the forums

Our Fans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm offended people were doing the wave AT A FOOTBALL GAME.

Save that s**t for baseball.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The other thing, is that there were a LOT of injury delay's in that game. Many fans (not excusing all) probably didn't really know how serious this injury might have been.

True. It's not like the ambulance and stretcher were dead giveaways.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I was at Greatfulldead concert in sac, about 1996' Where the whole crowd did " The Wave". It was cool
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
idk if I'd say they were being disrespectful by doing the wave. I firmly believe that at least 50% of the people in the stands aren't even sure which team they're supposed to be cheering for. Then, when there's a pause in the action, like during an injury, they think "What do we do now?......I KNOW! THE WAVE!!!!"

Good point... it's one thing to be drunk, but how about a drunk bandwagon fan
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The other thing, is that there were a LOT of injury delay's in that game. Many fans (not excusing all) probably didn't really know how serious this injury might have been.

They were probably on their smart phones most of the time. Only looking up to see when the wave was coming around again.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SofaKing:

They were probably on their smart phones most of the time. Only looking up to see when the wave was coming around again.

facebook status: Wave about to hit my section, gtg.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
we have the worst fans in the league in terms of derps knowing when to cheer or not

This. It's ridiculous when our crowd starts cheering super loud for our 3rd down on offense. Ugh lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
we have the worst fans in the league in terms of derps knowing when to cheer or not

This. It's ridiculous when our crowd starts cheering super loud for our 3rd down on offense. Ugh lol

can't remember what game I was watching last week but on their jumbotrons, they were displaying "SHHHH" when the team was on offense and of course, "GET LOUD" when they were on D. We BETTER have something like that at our new stadium. Just gotta hope who ever's manning it knows WTF they're doing.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
during the game, i seen this one dude trying to get his section to be quiet by moving his arms up and down. Next think you know, the whole section was moving their hands up and down making loud bird noises.

Originally posted by highway49:
I was at Greatfulldead concert in sac, about 1996' Where the whole crowd did " The Wave". It was cool

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
during the game, i seen this one dude trying to get his section to be quiet by moving his arms up and down. Next think you know, the whole section was moving their hands up and down making loud bird noises.

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
All jokes aside, I've lost count at how many times I'v had to help orchestrate my section at Candlestick. Our collective football IQ as fans is very, very low.

Tru dat, I helped orchestrate my section lower east 33, I even had my ex wife make custom flags that said "Make More Noise" on them among other things. There was, a lot of quish round them parts..
Whats wrong with the wave? If there wasnt an injury of course
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
All jokes aside, I've lost count at how many times I'v had to help orchestrate my section at Candlestick. Our collective football IQ as fans is very, very low.

Tru dat, I helped orchestrate my section lower east 33, I even had my ex wife make custom flags that said "Make More Noise" on them among other things. There was, a lot of quish round them parts..

lol. Damn shame. Not sure if they're bandwagon fans or if they just don't know how football functions
Share 49ersWebzone