There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our Fans

I can't recall the last time I was so disgusted with humanity. Sickening.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Raul98:
Get use to it things will be worse at Levi stadium bunch of rich people and silicon valley tech nerds on there ipads and cell phones.

"rich people", does that mean better alcohol beverages/higher alcohol volume? I want in on this....

"tech nerds on there ipads and cell phones", so they won't be paying attention to the game or stabbing people? What a waste of their money.

Where did you get that info? Email me the info at GTFO@yahoo.com
Originally posted by patty_t:

People are getting gassed and butchered overseas.

But I've never seen anything more horrific than football fans doing the wave after an injury.

Uh really? It was classless for sure but let's not overstate things.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Uh really? It was classless for sure but let's not overstate things.

It's kinda what we do here.
This is nothing. Andy Reid use to have everything thrown at him after an Eagles home loss. This same fanbase also cheered when Michael Irvin suffered a serious injury. And there was the incident during the 94-95 season when Steelers fans were throwing iceballs at the San Diego bench. One clocked a Chargers assistant pretty good I recall.

Oh and try going to a US-Mexico soccer game in Mexico as a member of Sam's Army...

Not condoning what some of the Niner fans did today, but that wave wasn't the worse fan thing ever.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Oct 13, 2013 at 8:40 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
This is nothing. Andy Reid use to have everything thrown at him after an Eagles home loss. This same fanbase also cheered when Michael Irvin suffered a serious injurty. And there was the incident during the 94-95 season when Steelers fans were throwing iceballs at the San Diego bench. One clocked a Chargers assistant pretty good I recall.

Not condoning what some of the Niner fans did today, but that wave wasn't the worse fan thing ever.

I remember that! It was actually the Chargers HC, Bobby Ross. The iceball knocked him out cold.

Every fan base has stupid/dangerous fans, but we're not nearly as bad as some of those east coast fan bases.
It's just a game... and there are some really immature fans.
Originally posted by Raul98:
Get use to it things will be worse at Levi stadium bunch of rich people and silicon valley tech nerds on there ipads and cell phones.

This, Raul has it right. You people who think that people who are telling you to sit down, that this won't happen at Great America Levis? Get a clue almost the entire bottom of the lower bowl to about half way up are going to be what I call, "Event Attendees", they will not be hard core fans. Just like the people who go to Superbowls are not football fans for the most part. I know I went to a few of the Niners superbowls and was snitched on by real estate salesmen, marketing ahos who complained about me screaming for the Niners,standing up, then sitting down in respect, like giving Iky Woods crap when Ronnie knocked him, like when JT took the winning TD in from Joe against the Bengals. Security came and threatened to throw me out of my $850 seats, I told them what was up, then after JT went in and the game was over I went out into the mezzanine are and waited for a couple of those jerks, they almost pissed their pant when I confronted them, one ran down the walkway shouting assault, while all the Niner fans laughed and pointed at him.

Santa Clara will not be a better hard core football experience, it will only be a better building experience. I don't know one long time season tix holder who bought into the $80k per SBL and $380++ for seats in my section relative to seating at great america levies, they all said fuk Jed and marketing peoples plans. They will want to control you like never before, make your game day experience spic and span.

I will admit to doing the wave once at the Stick, I think it was at a blowout towards the end of the game, maybe the playoff game that was mentioned. I didn't want to, but it looked so fun at the time and I could see the Niner bench laughing and pointing out the fans, so WTF, it was fun for a few times around. But never when an injured player was down. I was at Stanford stadium where the Niners played a few games after the Loma Prieta earthquake and I can tell you when Jeff Fuller went down and was taken off in an ambulance right on the field you could hear a pin drop for the entire time. People were crying because there had been the earthquake and suffering and now here we go again with a serious injury..nobody told anyone to sit down and be quite and such BS..

rant/
idk if I'd say they were being disrespectful by doing the wave. I firmly believe that at least 50% of the people in the stands aren't even sure which team they're supposed to be cheering for. Then, when there's a pause in the action, like during an injury, they think "What do we do now?......I KNOW! THE WAVE!!!!"
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
You can't tell how retarded it is in NT?

lol this
Originally posted by SofaKing:

People are getting gassed and butchered overseas.

But I've never seen anything more horrific than football fans doing the wave after an injury.

Stupid WAVE!!!
All jokes aside, I've lost count at how many times I'v had to help orchestrate my section at Candlestick. Our collective football IQ as fans is very, very low.
thanks, A's & dodgers fans...
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
idk if I'd say they were being disrespectful by doing the wave. I firmly believe that at least 50% of the people in the stands aren't even sure which team they're supposed to be cheering for. Then, when there's a pause in the action, like during an injury, they think "What do we do now?......I KNOW! THE WAVE!!!!"

The other thing, is that there were a LOT of injury delay's in that game. Many fans (not excusing all) probably didn't really know how serious this injury might have been.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home