There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our Fans

I can see by reading this thread that not many of you have watched games in other teams' stadiums. Yes, lots of Niner fans are idiots. But let's not pretend we have a monopoly on that. Someone above said Raider fans were smarter. Really? I remember a Raider game when, in the sixth game of the season, a Raider QB threw his very first interception of the year and was booed off the field. For the rest of the season, he had a better winning percentage away than at home.

Today, Matt Schaub got injured and then the Texans fans booed him off the the field as he was being assisted by trainers. Then, in a great example of karma, the very first pass thrown by the backup QB who the crowd had been clamoring for was an 89 yard pick-six. Nice going, Texans fans. Way to throw up on yourselves.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jed York ‏@JedYork

"@moonwalkmcfly: .@JedYork Any truth to the rumor that Levi's Stadium will have the tech to automatically catapult fans doing the wave?" Yes
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jed York ‏@JedYork

"@moonwalkmcfly: .@JedYork Any truth to the rumor that Levi's Stadium will have the tech to automatically catapult fans doing the wave?" Yes

Think it would be too much for a basic IQ test before they allow you to buy tickets? Like......"What's 3+3?" If you answer "33" or "Jello", you have to GTFO.
Originally posted by Chico:
what's everyone suppose to do? start crying? THIS IS FOOTBALL! Most of the fans are probably drunk, not paying attention, having a blast...

Amigo, are u the one that started the wave? Shame on u ese, u need to have some respec homie! Vados Loco Fooorreeverrr...rr!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I can see by reading this thread that not many of you have watched games in other teams' stadiums. Yes, lots of Niner fans are idiots. But let's not pretend we have a monopoly on that. Someone above said Raider fans were smarter. Really? I remember a Raider game when, in the sixth game of the season, a Raider QB threw his very first interception of the year and was booed off the field. For the rest of the season, he had a better winning percentage away than at home.

Today, Matt Schaub got injured and then the Texans fans booed him off the the field as he was being assisted by trainers. Then, in a great example of karma, the very first pass thrown by the backup QB who the crowd had been clamoring for was an 89 yard pick-six. Nice going, Texans fans. Way to throw up on yourselves.

Its all about aspiring to higher standards, its never a good thing to say "well......Eagles fans are dicks too!" I hope 49ers fans can be better than that.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

There is a dfference, all of your examples were the home team fans booing the home team, like schaub the same thing happened to cassel last year in kc. The difference is although neither is good, fans acting like a*****es when the visiting teams players are injured will always look worse, and thats why fans said we looked like raiders fans.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Jed York ‏@JedYork

Think it would be too much for a basic IQ test before they allow you to buy tickets? Like......"What's 3+3?" If you answer "33" or "Jello", you have to GTFO.

Lol would potato be the correct answer?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Jed York ‏@JedYork

I would accept, "I like Turtles"
I will say that the crowd seemed to be louder than I've heard Candlestick in a while.
Get use to it things will be worse at Levi stadium bunch of rich people and silicon valley tech nerds on there ipads and cell phones.
Originally posted by Raul98:
Get use to it things will be worse at Levi stadium bunch of rich people and silicon valley tech nerds on there ipads and cell phones.

better than thugs and lowlifes imo
I thought it was disrespectful. I heard Stupar say stop it to the crowd. He wasn't faking it. Since the NFL put the whole faking an injury rule, it has made crowds worse. Seems every stadium is like that.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Then we need to be better. If you go to a game (envious!) and this s**t happens again encourage motherf**kers to not be dicks. And if somebody mouths, you remind them that we are one of the league's crown jewels.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

you have a point.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

This. No need to look like a bunch of c**ts on live national television.