There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Early Contender for DRoY

First off, that was a great performance by the 49ers today. The Cardinals gave a pretty good account of themselves but we knuckled down, once again, and dominated in the key areas. That drive of 9 minutes or whatever was great to watch and reminded me of when Steve Young and Garrison used to do it. I'm really concerned about the nose tackle position, but we seemed to manage today with good play and good scheme .

Anyway, what I want to talk about is how likely it is that Eric Reid gets Defensive Rookie of the Year. He's been awesome as explained in this article,
http://www.bubblews.com/news/1331818-early-contender-for-droy

Do you guys think that he can win it? He's been playing well enough in my opinion. Who do you guys think is his main competition? I can't think of anyone close at the moment.
Not only is he a early contender for defensive rookie of the year he's a leading contender for the award.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Not only is he a early contender for defensive rookie of the year he's a leading contender for the award.

No, that would be Kiko Alonso, and by a long shot. And that's not taking anything away from Reid's play this year.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

No, that would be Kiko Alonso, and by a long shot. And that's not taking anything away from Reid's play this year.

Yup. Kiko has 44 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF, 1 FR, and 4 int's on the season.

Kiko by a long shot my ass... at the end of the day the voters are going to side with the player from the team with the better defense overall and better record. Kiko is a good player but comparing him to Reed is a push at best. We still have plenty off games left to play so only time will tell how all this plays out.
nfl owes us from the Von Miller over Alduin Smith conspiracy
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

Kiko by a long shot my ass... at the end of the day the voters are going to side with the player from the team with the better defense overall and better record. Kiko is a good player but comparing him to Reed is a push at best. We still have plenty off games left to play so only time will tell how all this plays out.

I hate to break it to ya, but you're in the minority on that one. Both are having outstanding years so far, but look at the stats Stoney just posted. He also had 18 freaking tackles today. There's still a long way to go, but if the award was handed out today, Kiko would definitely be taking home the hardware.
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Oct 13, 2013 at 6:59 PM ]
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

it's cos aldon wasn't a starter
I hate to break it to ya, but you're in the minority on that one. Both are having outstanding years so far, but look at the stats Stoney just posted. He also had 18 freaking tackles today. There's still a long way to go, but if the award was handed out today, Kiko would definitely be taking home the hardware.

Kiko had 18 tackles? That is impressive. Somebody better tell Eric; in fact, I'll do it now.
I don't care about DRoy. I'm hoping he's a contender for first team All Pro.
Wow, you again with your 6th thread in 19 posts. You just messing with us or what? There are two Eric Reid threads already. That's fine if you want to talk with us but do you need to keep making new threads? Take a look first when you want to post something chances are it's being talked about already in another thread.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175231-film-breakdown-eric-reid/
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/172847-welcome-newest-49er-eric-reid/page113/

And no guys Im not just being a jerk; he is a Seattle fan who made a bunch of threads about them that no 9er fan would care about. Well since the mods merged all Seattle stuff into 1 thread guess he figured he'd come into 9er talk and post unnecessary threads.
The other threads are about film breakdowns and welcoming Eric Reid as far as I can see. This thread is about the Defensive Rookie of the Year award; hardly the same thing. As for the Seattle fan slur, I certainly am not. I write about all the teams in the NFL and I shared the Seattle topics because they're in our division. Perhaps you didn't catch that. Why are you trying to cause trouble? Why not try to get along?
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

I see what you did there.
Originally posted by csjwilkinson:
The other threads are about film breakdowns and welcoming Eric Reid as far as I can see. This thread is about the Defensive Rookie of the Year award; hardly the same thing. As for the Seattle fan slur, I certainly am not. I write about all the teams in the NFL and I shared the Seattle topics because they're in our division. Perhaps you didn't catch that. Why are you trying to cause trouble? Why not try to get along?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175231-film-breakdown-eric-reid/page4/

Read through that page there is DPOY they year talk but you are right the thread title doesn't say rookie of the year talk. I think stuff like this could go in the general Reid thread though. I guess it's up to the mods if they want 3 threads on the same player. I'm not trying to cause trouble just not a fan of new people who create a lot of threads without getting a lay of the land first. Part of it's because a lot of new people come in guns a blazing posting stuff that's already posted or post in the wrong forum or it's being talked about already. Part of it was the way Seattle fans invaded since the game and pretended to be 9er fans to talk us down and them up. Sorry though, I guess your intentions are legit.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by csjwilkinson:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175231-film-breakdown-eric-reid/page4/

Read through that page there is DPOY they year talk but you are right the thread title doesn't say rookie of the year talk. I think stuff like this could go in the general Reid thread though. I guess it's up to the mods if they want 3 threads on the same player. I'm not trying to cause trouble just not a fan of new people who create a lot of threads without getting a lay of the land first. Part of it's because a lot of new people come in guns a blazing posting stuff that's already posted or post in the wrong forum or it's being talked about already. Part of it was the way Seattle fans invaded since the game and pretended to be 9er fans to talk us down and them up. Sorry though, I guess your intentions are legit.

this....basically if a thread on Eric Reid exists, that's the thread you post anything in reference to Eric Reid in.