Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Reid is f**king awesome

Didn't know what to expect but he gas exceeded the threshold for sure
#35 will definitely be my next jersey.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

ditto. I thought about getting a custom one made for $50 from one of those 99.9% fake jersey sites in China.

I hated his choice to stick with #35 too but he is making me rethink it.

Just have to decide if I want a red or white one.....
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Joecool:

ditto. I thought about getting a custom one made for $50 from one of those 99.9% fake jersey sites in China.

I hated his choice to stick with #35 too but he is making me rethink it.

Just have to decide if I want a red or white one.....

Get a Ronnie Lott #42 jersey.. It's timeless, nobody can ever give you any $hit either.
His size / speed combination is very impressive. He plays fast and looks like a linebacker at times. He's been nothing short of spectacular considering the position he plays and only has 6 starts on his resume. Had some NFC North homers at my house for the game and everyone was commenting on how good Reid looks! I felt like a proud father almost! GO NINERS GO!!!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
His size / speed combination is very impressive. He plays fast and looks like a linebacker at times. He's been nothing short of spectacular considering the position he plays and only has 6 starts on his resume. Had some NFC North homers at my house for the game and everyone was commenting on how good Reid looks! I felt like a proud father almost! GO NINERS GO!!!

his speed is underrated. he plays faster than his 40 time. he has game speed and that's what we need.

even on that fitzgerald run he caught him.. but there was a blocker between he made up and caught him though.

and when he got the interception and started to return it.. he's always moving so fluid and he just runs while it looks like everyone else is standing still.
A film breaking down Eric Reid, who himself breaks down opposing offenses. Mindblown.
wonder if he's at home right now, studying the Titans/seahawks game.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
wonder if he's at home right now, studying the Titans/seahawks game.

he's at the facility putting together a lesson plan for the other db's
His true coverage skills test will be versus Brees in the dome. I can't wait to see how he fares against Brees, who is one of the best at looking off a safety to buy his WR/TE the space needed to complete a pass downfield.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
ok, be honest.
who liked cyprien or elam better than reid at draft time?
i was on the cyp wagon. cyp is playing well, but not as good as reid
Originally posted by xcfan:
ok, be honest.
who liked cyprien or elam better than reid at draft time?
i was on the cyp wagon. cyp is playing well, but not as good as reid

I think what sets Reid apart from those guys are his athleticism, which everyone knew he had, and his raw intelligence, which is something I think was very underestimated.
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Originally posted by xela510:
Originally posted by frankie:
Eric reid is the frickin man! Keep up the great work

Be awesome if he wore 36 tho, since hanks # aint getting retired!

I like number 35 because it matches with Navorro's 53

...and here's a much greater chance of Hanks's 36 getting retired than Dexter Carter's 35....heh

True but considering shawntee spencer wore 36 i doubt 36 (hanks) gettin retired! 35 is just fine! Player is much better 35 always seemed for a safety for me. Lol dunno why! Our safetys have sported 31, 33, 38! Reids a badass and that number im gettin used to! Lmao not that that it matters past eric reid performing probowl allpro level! He could wear 1 for all i care! f**k yeah goniners
He really improved as the season went along. He started out tentative - playing deeper than he needed to on occasion. Perhaps he was told to, or perhaps he just wasn't comfortable with the speed of the game and didn't want to get burned with the big play. He still has a lot to learn and I hope that Bethea can be as helpful as I think Whitner was towards Reid's development.

Here's a play that we would all have talked about if Reid was able to make the snag. This is the final game of the season and this play shows confidence with what he recognizes from the opposing offense.

3rd & 3
49ers: cover2 man. Reid is on the 37 yard line.

Reid has what could be two vertical routes (Fitz and a speedy Ellington) coming at him, but he has not taken one backpedal step. He's actually taken a step forward.

Palmer has not started his windup. Reid ends up taking a step back, only to start driving downfield to play the curl route by Ellington. Surely he knows that Bow is trying to cover Fitz on what looks like a vertical route by Fitz.

Palmer bringing the ball up to his ear to start his release.

Almost had a pick 6.

Palmer staring to the right doesn't help, but how does Reid know Palmer wasn't looking to Fitz? I think there was some play recognition here, but the only way to tell is to see what ARI likes to do on 3rd down and short. I'll just assume Reid and Rogers saw something they recognized (notice Rogers signaling to Reid right before the snap).
[ Edited by thl408 on Jul 13, 2014 at 10:50 PM ]