There are 267 users in the forums

Film breakdown of Eric Reid

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I remember how many people were so upset that the 49ers traded up for him. In terms of physical characteristics, he's the ideal safety in every way imaginable. Then you add in that he's obviously a very intelligent, bright guy and it just makes for an outstanding player, can't wait to see what he'll look like with another year or two of experience under his belt.

Sounds just like what we were saying about Kaepernick
Originally posted by frankie:
Eric reid is the frickin man! Keep up the great work

Be awesome if he wore 36 tho, since hanks # aint getting retired!

I like number 35 because it matches with Navorro's 53
Originally posted by xela510:
Originally posted by frankie:
Eric reid is the frickin man! Keep up the great work

Be awesome if he wore 36 tho, since hanks # aint getting retired!

I like number 35 because it matches with Navorro's 53

...and here's a much greater chance of Hanks's 36 getting retired than Dexter Carter's 35....heh
I remember how many people were so upset that the 49ers traded up for him. In terms of physical characteristics, he's the ideal safety in every way imaginable. Then you add in that he's obviously a very intelligent, bright guy and it just makes for an outstanding player, can't wait to see what he'll look like with another year or two of experience under his belt.

I wasnt upset we moved up to get him. Im always happy with aggressive moves to get the guy we want, i was however upset with the choice at the time. I wasnt high on him at all. Glad he has proved me 100% wrong thus far.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I wasnt upset we moved up to get him. Im always happy with aggressive moves to get the guy we want, i was however upset with the choice at the time. I wasnt high on him at all. Glad he has proved me 100% wrong thus far.

That's how I felt. The Reid pick was the antithesis of what we did in 2012. We identified who we wanted, we had an obvious need at the position, and we had draft capital to justify the move.

So far so good.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
That's how I felt. The Reid pick was the antithesis of what we did in 2012. We identified who we wanted, we had an obvious need at the position, and we had draft capital to justify the move.

So far so good.

Evidence that Baalke can learn from his mistakes?
another fantastic pick by baalke
Baller!!!!!!
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

So far so good.

Evidence that Baalke can learn from his mistakes?

He let B.J. Daniels and Marcus Cooper go so that wipes out every good thing he's ever done his entire career. Even things he did before he became GM. He sucks.

When Rodgers wasnt picking on him in that first week. I really noticed. Rodgers would have known to look Reids way during that game and test the rookie out. But Rodgers hardly went that way. Thats a tick in a lot of boxes from the D to the coach and staff on the sidelines and up top.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i would like to apologize to Mr.Reid for ever doubting him. I love you.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This was one hell of a pick. Trading that far up for a safety had me nervous, but we hit the ball out of the park with this one. I can't believe we found an upgrade over Goldson who was 1st-team All-Pro.

And Reid is probably going to get better as he gains more experience.
Originally posted by buck:

Getting ahead of myself, I'd love to see us use some of our stockpile to trade up and get Reid a stud partner-in-crime. Not that I don't like Whitner, but I don't see him coming back next year (too expensive).
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by buck:

i thought the same thing about Kap. now look.
DROY
Share 49ersWebzone