There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Film breakdown of Eric Reid

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/10/12/san-francisco-49ers-rookie-safety-eric-reid-already-playing-like-a-pro-bowler

excellent article on Eric Reid's impact on the 49ers secondary.

I was so upset when we let Dashon walk but Reid has been an instant upgrade. The most impressive thing about his fast start is that he's playing at a pro bowl level against top notch competition (four different 2012 playoff teams)
[ Edited by 49ERFANb4Uwas on Oct 12, 2013 at 4:34 PM ]
I've said that he is an upgrade. He's perfect. He's very smart, athletic, instinctive. He meshes perfectly with our defense.
This was one hell of a pick. Trading that far up for a safety had me nervous, but we hit the ball out of the park with this one. I can't believe we found an upgrade over Goldson who was 1st-team All-Pro.
Great Read, Amazing how well he's played, and somehow the instant improve pass coverage of whitner the hiter is also shocking!
Said he was an upgrade as soon as we drafted him, Da$hon was a late round pick Reid is a legit first rounder.
I remember how many people were so upset that the 49ers traded up for him. In terms of physical characteristics, he's the ideal safety in every way imaginable. Then you add in that he's obviously a very intelligent, bright guy and it just makes for an outstanding player, can't wait to see what he'll look like with another year or two of experience under his belt.

Reid pretty much deserves an assist on that Pick Six by Brock.
In addition, opposing quarterbacks have posted a mind-numbing 67.6 rating against the 49ers through five games. That ranks second in the league behind the Kansas City Chiefs. You take out of account Aaron Rodgers' 333-yard performance against San Francisco in Week 1, its yielding just 153 passing yards per game this season. That's utterly ridiculous by NFL standards today.

Bottomline, people really need to stop complaining about the defense, this defense is getting it done and playing out of their minds thus far.
Reid brings the lumber too

Leadership can't be measured either
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Oct 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
In addition, opposing quarterbacks have posted a mind-numbing 67.6 rating against the 49ers through five games. That ranks second in the league behind the Kansas City Chiefs. You take out of account Aaron Rodgers' 333-yard performance against San Francisco in Week 1, its yielding just 153 passing yards per game this season. That's utterly ridiculous by NFL standards today.

Bottomline, people really need to stop complaining about the defense, this defense is getting it done and playing out of their minds thus far.

Thanks for that stat. We definitely take our defense for granted, and our Pass D has been better than advertised compared to the league average.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Reid pretty much deserves an assist on that Pick Six by Brock.

Reid obviously is a heavy film watcher, he knew exactly what was coming.
If he can do this, he can do anything...

[ Edited by 24plus25er on Oct 12, 2013 at 6:06 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/10/12/san-francisco-49ers-rookie-safety-eric-reid-already-playing-like-a-pro-bowler

excellent article on Eric Reid's impact on the 49ers secondary.

I was so upset when we let Dashon walk but Reid has been an instant upgrade. The most impressive thing about his fast start is that he's playing at a pro bowl level against top notch competition (four different 2012 playoff teams)

Thanks for the link ... great read.
I too, was very disappointed when Dashon walked. But now, I don't really miss him all that much. Reid is an upgrade. It's no coincidence our secondary has been playing lights out and is an overall much improved unit from last year. Call my crazy, but I think the rookie is a big reason why.

With Eric, you're getting big Goldson-esque hits + excellent coverage, nice speed, ball hawking abilities, and a high football IQ. But what's really impressive is his leadership and communication skills. He makes the right calls, signals, and puts his teammates first; one could argue that he even elevates the game of those around him and this article provides a wonderful example in which he helped assist Brock in a play which resulted in an INT returned for the TD.

A lot of people questioned this pick and said that Baalke reached a bit for Reid but Reid continues to prove all of his doubters wrong each and every week. Reid is playing like a legit Pro Bowler in his first 5 games as a starter in his NFL career. Kid is going to be absolutely dangerous and deadly with even more experience and refinement. It's going to be great to watch him grow and get even better !!
Eric reid is the frickin man! Keep up the great work

Be awesome if he wore 36 tho, since hanks # aint getting retired!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home