There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade Nnamdi Asomugha

Like someone would actually give us anything for Nnamdi. LOL.
What will we get in return a KICK in the ass??

C'MON MAN!!!
lmao. wait until eric wright is able to play then if needed we can cut someone loose.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
People keep saying that Nnamdi has played like crap. He has not played like crap. He has played ok. It's just Brock has balled out.

you keep him for depth, we do not even know what wright has.

Exactly. With the veteran depth we have at CB right now, you can argue the niners having the most talented secondary in the league. Plus like you said, we don't even know what Wright has right now. All the niner CB's can be starters on any team basically.

People saying that Nnamdi hasn't played well, he has played well. When he's outthere no one really throws at him. Brock has skills and glad he's a niner, but you can also argue he's gotten his highlight plays off 2 QB's that are not playing well right now (Shaub and Bradford).

Nnamdi is a vet so hopefully he understands that at his age, if he wants a SB, his chances are better staying with the Niners regardless if he's the 3rd or 4th CB.
[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:
Exactly. With the veteran depth we have at CB right now, you can argue the niners having the most talented secondary in the league. Plus like you said, we don't even know what Wright has right now.

People saying that Nnamdi hasn't played well, he has played well. When he's outthere no one really throws at him. Brock has skills and glad he's a niner, but you can also argue he's gotten his highlight plays off 2 QB's that are not playing well right now (Shaub and Bradford).

Nnamdi is a vet so hopefully he understands that at his age, if he wants a SB, his chances are better staying with the Niners regardless if he's the 3rd or 4th CB.
Considering Nnamdi's contract is guaranteed, it makes too much sense to keep him around. He's a good player, he's a fixed cost, and it never huts to have depth -- especially at CB in a pass-happy league.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Oct 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM ]
Keep Nnamdi around, never hurts to have depth. As people before said, it is a pass happy league. I like Nnamdi as one of our more physical corners.
trade this player, trade for that player. these threads become tiresome after a while.
With the way we have been hit by injuries this year, I don't think any cornerback is expendable. A guy like Nnamdi will come into play when we play a team like New Orleans or possibly Green Bay again should we see them in the playoffs. Also, Nmandi has not played as bad as people would like to believe. Has he been a world beater? No, but he hasn't played terrible and most of his "bad" play this year came in one game. Since the opener, he has been decent.

Also, has anyone noticed that our pass defense has now become one of the best in the league?
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Oct 11, 2013 at 12:24 PM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theduke85:
Considering Nnamdi's contract is guaranteed, it makes too much sense to keep him around. He's a good player, he's a fixed cost, and it never huts to have depth -- especially at CB in a pass-happy league.

None of his contract is guaranteed to my knowledge. That was the big deal with the signing this offseason.
im sure we can get roddy white for him
Even though Asomugha pissed me off a few times, I prefer to keep him. I still think he would be a decent extra nickel fella that could make a surprising big play at a crucial moment in a big game in the future.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by theduke85:

None of his contract is guaranteed to my knowledge. That was the big deal with the signing this offseason.
I believe the gist of it was this: coming into training camp, no, nothing was guaranteed. He had to earn a spot on the roster or he'd get nothing (or very little). However, by making the roster, I think it guaranteed a decent base salary ($1-2m) for the season. Someone else would know better, but I believe that's how it worked.
Nnamdi is the definition of quality depth. He still starts on a lot of squads. With the amount of injuries this team has been hit with already I would think that the 49ers would scoff at the idea of trading him. Plus he's not really a tradable commodity. There are plenty of quality depth players out there, you don't have to trade for one. He's more valuable to us because of his knowledge of the system.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
People keep saying that Nnamdi has played like crap. He has not played like crap. He has played ok. It's just Brock has balled out.

No, he's played like crap. Dude has struggled in every facet of the game and I really wanted him to do well.

Umm no he hasn't. Pro football focus has him ranked as the third highest cornerback in terms of coverage snaps per reception. He has only given up 4 catches for 63 yards and only been targeted 11 times. Check pro football focus if you're a subscriber or listen to the 'Don't hit the Panic Button' podcast at 30:30 here http://www.49erswebzone.com/podcasts/

He has missed some tackles and was called for an iffy pass interference penalty, but for the most part Nnamdi has played ok. HIs coverage has been pretty solid. Definitely has not played like crap.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
how you guys feel about marcus cooper blowing up over in kc? kinda disappointing, huh?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home