LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

Trade Nnamdi Asomugha

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With the play of Brock these last two weeks, Asomugha has become expendable.
I think it would be a good idea to trade Nnamdi once Eric Wright is activated
A lot of teams need secondary depth, trading him for a 5th or 6th rounder might work
Plus were going to need to make room for Carradine, Dial, Crabtree, and Manningham anyway
Originally posted by 707Niners:
A lot of teams need secondary depth, trading him for a 5th or 6th rounder might work

No way we get anything more than a 7th for him. Plus team would assume, his leftover money. 12 game checks of a $1M base, 12 of a $100K roster bonus, and a LTBE Incentive of $425K.

Plus he has played like crap, who will wanna pay him more than the minimum?

We make room easily for Tank, Dial, Moody, Wright, Crabs and Mario. Out goes, Moore, K.Williams, Dobbs, TJE, Stupar, and Morris. There is an outside chance we cut Nnamdi, if Wright plays well. The Moody move may be either Stupar or Cunningham, who didnt play last week. So if Aldon ever comes back, then Cunningham is cut. But I can realistically see Aldon out for the season, either on leave or suspended.
OP forgot to add "for Tony Gonzalez" at the end of the thread title
and then if another CB goes down we can trade this phantom 5th or 6th (wont happen) to get some depth back at CB.

Lets be real. We have a rather good team, our wounded warriors are on their way back, according to what I saw in a different AB post we have 950k in cap space, which isnt enough to do much with in regards to bringing in a starter. This is your team for the year, maybe we add another 15 third string QB's that the zone can complain about, but looking forward, I cant see too many moves aside from cutting players when guys come off IR.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

*Darelle Revis
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

*Darelle Revis

Richard Sherman
Not opposed but I don't think we'd get much for him. We'll probably keep him around for depth in case of injuries but he won't be getting resigned. 1 year rental.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Oct 11, 2013 at 7:25 AM ]
Originally posted by 707Niners:

this isnt madden
[ Edited by NinerFan408 on Oct 11, 2013 at 7:18 AM ]

I think it's a great idea!

Not wise to trade CB depth away when he signed for so little with no guaranteed $$. With the injuries this year, don't risk taking a chance.
Any team was free to sign Asomugha this offseason on a one-year, low-salary deal. Why would anyone assume his contract and give up a draft pick 5 weeks into the season? It doesn't make any sense. He will stay on the roster or will be released, but will almost assuredly not be traded.
People keep saying that Nnamdi has played like crap. He has not played like crap. He has played ok. It's just Brock has balled out.
Way to early to get rid of CB's. We're not even half way through the season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
People keep saying that Nnamdi has played like crap. He has not played like crap. He has played ok. It's just Brock has balled out.

you keep him for depth, we do not even know what wright has.
Share 49ersWebzone