Not a member? Register Now!

Jerry Rice says "the Niners are struggling."

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Yeah Rice may suck as an analyst but I'll take him as a coach over anyone we have coaching our WRs today - and over the past 10 seasons.

I HATE THE WAY WE DEVELOP WRs.
haha,. you just assume rice will be a great coach,,, with one or two exceptions hall of fame players never make great coaches. they think everyone should be like them. with the ego of rice in the same room as JH,, good lord. his name and resume means nothing when it comes to assuming he will be a great coach

Well former BW players have become pretty good coaches I think. Rathman SHOULD be in the HOF in my opinion and he turned out to be a great coach. :)

Mike Rumph should coach our secondary.
haha. i think good students of the game who were only average players make the best head coaches. i just do not think rice would be satisfied being a little asst coach nor do i think he would be good at it
Originally posted by crabman82:
i dont know where he said this but in all honesty i always thought rice was a piss poor analyst not unlike emmitt smith. sometimes the greatest players of all time arent the best analysts of all time.

Thought this was funny. Joe Montana did a brief stint as an analyst before he quit. He actually doesn't look too bad in this one. I believe they started him as a game analyst and he was pretty bad. He did not last long, though, and neither did Bill Walsh.

Originally posted by BSofSF:
Thought this was funny. Joe Montana did a brief stint as an analyst before he quit. He actually doesn't look too bad in this one. I believe they started him as a game analyst and he was pretty bad. He did not last long, though, and neither did Bill Walsh.

Here's one of Bill Walsh doing game analysis with Dick Enberg at NBC.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
joe was horrid horrid. the only thing he ever said that was worth a damn was when he said the niners always ran sweeps at deon because they knew he was afraid to tackle anyone. But otherwise i think he only lasted a half a season. a poster mentioned bill walsh was not good but i seemed to think he was actually pretty good? i thought he did some stuff with merlin olson and Dick E.? hell i have no idea what the f**k i am talking about
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Michael "Helluva Drug" Irvin is a better analyst than Rice.

Rice might not be a good analyst, but Micheal Irvin is still smoking the glass cock, he is the absolute worst and worthless analyst on tv INCLUDING Jamie "who?" Dukes.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Michael "Helluva Drug" Irvin is a better analyst than Rice.

Rice might not be a good analyst, but Micheal Irvin is still smoking the glass cock, he is the absolute worst and worthless analyst on tv INCLUDING Jamie "who?" Dukes.
i really think young and trent are very very good? have not paid much attention to ray lewis so not sure how that experiment is going. I like tom jackson because he is pretty old school but i feel bad because he is over shadowed by you know who
we may be struggling, but were not 0-6 struggling like the NY Giants.
Originally posted by trellblaze:
lol...

Well played, 49erway. Well played.

Thank you man, sure took me long enough to figure out how to handle those narcissistic little squealers though didn't it? lol

This fan base is a trip these days.

One day (that naive squealing little portion of them) will scream the sky is falling and the next day call Jerry Rice a spotlight grabbing moron analyst who doesn't understand coaching or football if he says the Niners are struggling.

That portion of the fan base is a little like the misguided utopianists among us who think the FED is our enemy and if we suddenly do away with money the world will become some wonderful warm fuzzy pool of humans like Star Trek. When in reality the FED saved our a** from total economic meltdown and doing away with money would rapidly lead to thermonuclear war.

Know it alls with ZERO idea telling Jerry Rice he's an idiot.....because they just can't stop themselves.

Comical actually. For a day or two.

Anyway, Rice is right. Dead on right. The Niners have work to do if they are going to have a shot at the Bowl.

Or has it been my imagination that the hundreds of threads and thousands of comments in here about how the Niners are stinking in very numerous ways ever took place?
Hey Jerry, I understand where you're coming from, but you're wrong and I hate you.

This thread in a nutshell. lol
Originally posted by cciowa:
i really think young and trent are very very good? have not paid much attention to ray lewis so not sure how that experiment is going. I like tom jackson because he is pretty old school but i feel bad because he is over shadowed by you know who

Not a fan of Lewis, but Tom is good and Trent is better than Young, but both are pretty good. Let me reiterate though Irvin sucks worse than Dukes and Deion combined with LaCondouchenozzle.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Thank you man, sure took me long enough to figure out how to handle those narcissistic little squealers though didn't it? lol

This fan base is a trip these days.

One day (that naive squealing little portion of them) will scream the sky is falling and the next day call Jerry Rice a spotlight grabbing moron analyst who doesn't understand coaching or football if he says the Niners are struggling.

That portion of the fan base is a little like the misguided utopianists among us who think the FED is our enemy and if we suddenly do away with money the world will become some wonderful warm fuzzy pool of humans like Star Trek. When in reality the FED saved our a** from total economic meltdown and doing away with money would rapidly lead to thermonuclear war.

Know it alls with ZERO idea telling Jerry Rice he's an idiot.....because they just can't stop themselves.

Comical actually. For a day or two.

Anyway, Rice is right. Dead on right. The Niners have work to do if they are going to have a shot at the Bowl.

Or has it been my imagination that the hundreds of threads and thousands of comments in here about how the Niners are stinking in very numerous ways ever took place?

I can tell you it has been this way for the entire time I have been here, still by far the best niners fansite, and its not even close. I like how you used this thread to expose the hypocrites, kudos homie.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Missing pass rusher due to addiction and possible drug use? Missing #1 & #2 receiver and an inability to make up for it? A significant portion of the draft class still recovering from injuries sustained in college? Reverting back to an offense we, arguably, didn't intend on using? Yeah. That's struggling. At least compared to the last two seasons.

But we're 3-2. Ended the season of a playoff caliber team. And we're done with the most difficult stretch of the season with the arrow pointing up.

This. Realistically, 49ers have the Saints and Seahawks as their toughest remaining opponents and a lot of flawed teams with weaker defenses that hopefully this offense is able to devour.

it was never a question we were going to be in the playoffs, its a matter of winning the superbowl, and to do that you have to be the best, but at our current state i say seattle and denver could beat us until we get 100 percent healthy and have aldon back, but you never know the types of breaks you get during a playoff run so we will see what happens.
When Marc Trestman (bears head coach was the offensive coordinator for SF) Jerry Rice proclaimed " the offense ain't clickin' " during the season. Yes it wasn't..and it isn't now. So he when says the Niners are struggling...he as receiver is pointing to the QB and passing game.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
When Marc Trestman (bears head coach was the offensive coordinator for SF) Jerry Rice proclaimed " the offense ain't clickin' " during the season. Yes it wasn't..and it isn't now. So he when says the Niners are struggling...he as receiver is pointing to the QB and passing game.

Yes I agree. Also, I think when he said that we could easily be 1-4, he probably meant that had the defense not played so well in those games, the offense would not have been able to win them. However, I think such an argument is flawed because you can say similar things about any winning team. The Seahawks could also easily be 1-4 in that case. Denver could have had several losses had their offense not been on fire, because their defense hasn't played that great. I don't know what the Chiefs' record would be without that defense.
Struggling as in injuries, passing execution, and divisional standing (until this weekend ;)), sure.

I think we're doing fine, but I understand where he's coming from. The fanatic duality ensures that at no point will everyone be happy with how things are. It's always good to highlight our weak points and discuss where we need to improve.

People don't like it both ways, though.

Lots of football left.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home