There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Fangio says he's skeptical on how Wright,Carradine or Dial can help

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I get the feeling that Fangio loves and trusts his known quantities (vets) but that he is getting a little pressure from both Jim and Baalke to put some of this young talent on the field as other teams do so that we can bring them along to be contributors. Subbing players in and out is happening more and more by design and through injury but we don't have the same guys playing 98% of the snaps on the DL anymore it seems. This is good because we need to be strong and versatile in case there is a postseason in our future

i agree with this and he should ease up on that the only way players can make plays is if they play. stop being rigid in personnel i know he sees that these guys can play in practice. don't be stubborn just put them out there TOO make a great defense even better. seems logical to me
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
I get the feeling that Fangio loves and trusts his known quantities (vets) but that he is getting a little pressure from both Jim and Baalke to put some of this young talent on the field as other teams do so that we can bring them along to be contributors. Subbing players in and out is happening more and more by design and through injury but we don't have the same guys playing 98% of the snaps on the DL anymore it seems. This is good because we need to be strong and versatile in case there is a postseason in our future

i agree with this and he should ease up on that the only way players can make plays is if they play. stop being rigid in personnel i know he sees that these guys can play in practice. don't be stubborn just put them out there TOO make a great defense even better. seems logical to me
Harbaugh doesn't have to put pressure on anyone he tells Fangio they play then they play.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Harbaugh doesn't have to put pressure on anyone he tells Fangio they play then they play.

Harbaugh is smart enough to not go there with Fangio. Vic got the whole defense to himself. And if Harbaugh thinks he knows enough about defense to tell Fangio who to play, Vic will tell him to sit in on the defensive meetings a little more
they are up to speed as far as scheme wise and the plays and everything they just need to get out there and put their hands in the dirt

The only problem with this in Fangio's mind is physically healthy to be clear is one thing, football ready healthy is another thing. If he gets people hurt because they are not ready then people will complain about that as well. So he is caught between the rock and the hard place.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
The only problem with this in Fangio's mind is physically healthy to be clear is one thing, football ready healthy is another thing. If he gets people hurt because they are not ready then people will complain about that as well. So he is caught between the rock and the hard place.

not really imo.

i trust him as far as saying if they're football ready or not.

so if they are he will say so. playing them enough is my only problem. corey could have been doing this the entire season but he didn't get any time until he was forced to.

skuta whihote stupar all of them need to spell in certain situations to keep our defense fresh for the entire season. we have depth for a reason.. GREAT depth.

i mean williams started and was beasting went out for the year and dorsey came in and played like a starter. that's what i mean. if we have 2 starters just rotate them so they're always fresh always in rhythm..
@TaylorPrice499m
Mario Manningham and Eric Wright now in the #49ers locker room, looks like they worked up a sweat at today's walk through.

Funny how we are deep this year at CB and the addition of Wright really doesn't mean much (yet) to this team. Still happy him and MM are getting it in.
one more:

‏@mattbarrows6m
All 4 practiced. QD, TC still on the field. #cramming. @njninerfan499: any reports on Carradine Dial Wright or Manningham at practice today?

Expand
Originally posted by matt49er:
@TaylorPrice499m
Mario Manningham and Eric Wright now in the #49ers locker room, looks like they worked up a sweat at today's walk through.

Funny how we are deep this year at CB and the addition of Wright really doesn't mean much (yet) to this team. Still happy him and MM are getting it in.

Wow good to see them practicing with the team.
one more:

‏@mattbarrows6m
All 4 practiced. QD, TC still on the field. #cramming. @njninerfan499: any reports on Carradine Dial Wright or Manningham at practice today?

Expand
Good to hear Dial and Tank putting extra work in. We really need them and Mario to get into football shape.
Oh God, really? More worry and complaining?

Me thinks Fangio is just kidding and the rest of the league knows it.

Dial can be plugged in at NT in a heartbeat and Carradine can be a solid issue at DT right out of the gate. Those positions don't require massive playbook knowledge.

Just talent and the desire to whoooopass.
Fangio - Does He Fit As H.c?

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3988983-vic-fangio-does-he-fit-as-hc/
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
the defense. I tell you what Fangio just run J Smith,McDonald,Dorsey and Brooks into the ground like you did last season. I'm absolutely mindboggled at the lack of rotation on our defensive line during games. I don't know why we get so worked up about draft picks because we draft them and never utilize our depth. There's absolutely no reason for Smith and company to be playing that many snaps a game.
Did you know that in this last game the Niners had 5 DL guys playin...and 2 were hurt well 1 was hurt (McDonald) & 1 (Dorsey) got hurt during the game so Who was supposed to come in and rotate? After 6 minutes into the game Dorsey was hurt then you're down to 3 guys J Smith, Dobbs, Eddie...and well McDonald who's hurt.
[ Edited by SashRoxx-1 on Oct 15, 2013 at 7:40 PM ]
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
Did you know that in this last game the Niners had 5 DL guys playin...and 2 were hurt well 1 was hurt (McDonald) & 1 (Dorsey) got hurt during the game so Who was supposed to come in and rotate? After 6 minutes into the game Dorsey was hurt then you're down to 3 guys J Smith, Dobbs, Eddie...and well McDonald who's hurt.

Hey now, stop talkin sense!
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Fangio - Does He Fit As H.c?

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3988983-vic-fangio-does-he-fit-as-hc/

he could if he wanted to but i don't get the impression he wants to. i think he likes to have the defense as his and not have to worry about anything else like managing offensive personalities being in step with the gm too much and the media availability
@TaylorPrice499m

I don't see us as deep at that position in the least. Nnamdi is so old that Brock took his job. Nothing against Tremaine, but I've only seen a couple of good games out of him so far. Other than that, he's #3. But Rodgers is always getting scorched, Brown is hot and cold. If Wright aye like his old self, he should EASILY be our #1.