There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Fangio says he's skeptical on how Wright,Carradine or Dial can help

Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah, a little unclear on Manningham but the 3 defensive players, for sure. It's funny when you read the tone of the article and Harbaugh's comments it quickly comes back to a cautious statement (was Fangio in the room?) but he's not fooling anyone this time. He's excited to see what the rookies have!

I watched the press conference. Harbaugh doesnt like to show his hand but he seemed pretty clear on this one. He knows they need Dline and wr help. Instead of brining in FAs he's acknowledging what he has in the cupboard.
Originally posted by eonblue:
It's on! Dial and Carradine to start practicing TOMORROW!

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/10/harbaugh-carradine-dial-among-four-injured-players-to-join-practice-on-tuesday.html

Yessir! Harbaugh knows we need reinforcements so he's calling the calvart.

It sounds like Dial, Carradine, Wright, and Manningham are going to be practicing tomorrow.

Yeah, a little unclear on Manningham but the 3 defensive players, for sure. It's funny when you read the tone of the article and Harbaugh's comments it quickly comes back to a cautious statement (was Fangio in the room?) but he's not fooling anyone this time. He's excited to see what the rookies have!

I hope these guys get up to speed quickly. Our d-line could use the rest & help & Manningham could help the wideouts & Kaepernick. Be glad to see these guys on the field soon.
I know you're joking but I dont think Fangio has an option. It appears Ballke and Harbaugh have beaten rotation and depth into him, and he's not too happy about it.

No, he's not...I get that same impression. That said, fear not Fangio, Tomsula is the best DL coach in the game and there is no doubt these guys want to get on the field and start proving why we brought them in.

I watched the press conference. Harbaugh doesnt like to show his hand but he seemed pretty clear on this one. He knows they need Dline and wr help. Instead of brining in FAs he's acknowledging what he has in the cupboard.
Ok, I think it's not that they can't help us out, it's that they have to prove in practice that they are ready to help us out and earn there playing time, just like reed had to earn the right to start and brock has earned his right to start. The coaching staff isn't just going to give a guy the job if he didn't earn it than he's not ready and shouldn't start or backup anyone. I think that it's not that these guys can't help out the team they have talent for sure it's just are they ready mental and physically and playing up to the expectations that the coaching staff requires to be a starting niner!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Ok, I think it's not that they can't help us out, it's that they have to prove in practice that they are ready to help us out and earn there playing time, just like reed had to earn the right to start and brock has earned his right to start. The coaching staff isn't just going to give a guy the job if he didn't earn it than he's not ready and shouldn't start or backup anyone. I think that it's not that these guys can't help out the team they have talent for sure it's just are they ready mental and physically and playing up to the expectations that the coaching staff requires to be a starting niner!

Agreed! But we aren't looking for them to be starters yet...just subs. And they will grow, like Reid, Brock, Lemonier, Skuta, etc. with each game. Dial might be the only one thrusted into more starter snaps d/t all of the injuries. Tank and Wright can be brought along slowly d/t the depth in front of them.
Tank will be huge for helping out raymac cause of the injury and Dial will make an impact with the absence of Williams and potentially Dorsey. Wright is just adding more to this surprisingly improved secondary. I hope Rio and Crabs come back soon.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
My only hope is we don't bring these kids back too fast. Wasn't the idea to have them sit out most of the season anyway? I know that was the thinking with at least one of them, wasn't it?

Yes, yes, I know. Obviously, things have changed. We have a bit of an unforseen need now. Still -- I'd hate to rush either one of these guys back (Carradine or Dial), only to see them get hurt again.

Ya feel me?

It was never the idea to sit any of them all season except the one who is sitting all season(Lattimore).

I'm afraid I don't "feel" you.

• MarkD
  • Veteran
I am sure he said that to light a fire under their asses to get them to work harder. I am not saying that they don't work harder but they haven't practiced because of injury and he wants to make sure they know their playing time has to be earned.
Originally posted by MarkD:
I am sure he said that to light a fire under their asses to get them to work harder. I am not saying that they don't work harder but they haven't practiced because of injury and he wants to make sure they know their playing time has to be earned.

I agree, but seriously, who are they competing against at this point? Air? Grass? There is almost no one left.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Manningham should be starting via the Titans - he won't be any worse than Williams or Moore!
My only hope is we don't bring these kids back too fast. Wasn't the idea to have them sit out most of the season anyway? I know that was the thinking with at least one of them, wasn't it?

Yes, yes, I know. Obviously, things have changed. We have a bit of an unforseen need now. Still -- I'd hate to rush either one of these guys back (Carradine or Dial), only to see them get hurt again.

Ya feel me?

It was never the idea to sit any of them all season except the one who is sitting all season(Lattimore).

I'm afraid I don't "feel" you.

Wasn't Tanks injury about 11 months ago and Dial's Turf Toe surgery in January (10 months back)? I think they'll bring em along slowly during this soft streach in our sched.
[ Edited by D_Niner on Oct 15, 2013 at 8:45 AM ]
Fangio said it usually takes months to get rookies game-ready after they start practicing.

"They're way behind," Fangio said. "But we're going to have to go full-speed ahead and get them caught up as fast as we can without the offseason work, without a training camp, without any practices up to this point in time. There isn't a lot of experience with this because it usually doesn't happen. But we're confident that one or two of them will be ready here soon. Just don't know how soon yet."
I agree with what some have said.

It's not that they'll just be starters right away, but Tank and Dial especially should be in the rotation pretty soon due to the DL issues.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Fangio said it usually takes months to get rookies game-ready after they start practicing.

"They're way behind," Fangio said. "But we're going to have to go full-speed ahead and get them caught up as fast as we can without the offseason work, without a training camp, without any practices up to this point in time. There isn't a lot of experience with this because it usually doesn't happen. But we're confident that one or two of them will be ready here soon. Just don't know how soon yet."

Originally posted by AutographDynasty:
I agree with what some have said.

It's not that they'll just be starters right away, but Tank and Dial especially should be in the rotation pretty soon due to the DL issues.

I get the feeling that Fangio loves and trusts his known quantities (vets) but that he is getting a little pressure from both Jim and Baalke to put some of this young talent on the field as other teams do so that we can bring them along to be contributors. Subbing players in and out is happening more and more by design and through injury but we don't have the same guys playing 98% of the snaps on the DL anymore it seems. This is good because we need to be strong and versatile in case there is a postseason in our future
Originally posted by tohara3:
I hope these guys get up to speed quickly. Our d-line could use the rest & help & Manningham could help the wideouts & Kaepernick. Be glad to see these guys on the field soon.

they are up to speed as far as scheme wise and the plays and everything they just need to get out there and put their hands in the dirt