There are 192 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Fangio says he's skeptical on how Wright,Carradine or Dial can help

Fangio sucks. If his defense wasn't so talented, he'd be out if job. And maybe he should be. Old geezer refuses to adjust (I'm not talking about rotation, but rather in-game mgmt., like bringing more pressure, etc.).

It was clear that the D was frustrating Palmer when they applied pressure. But when they backed off, he started picking them apart. Why not send more pressure to break up that momentum?
[ Edited by grizzlyadams on Oct 14, 2013 at 7:54 AM ]
In spite of having numerous players out (Williams, Culliver, Aldon Smith, Willis, Dorsey) the Niner defense is #9 in points allowed.

Web Zone response: "Fangio sucks."
Originally posted by GNielsen:
In spite of having numerous players out (Williams, Culliver, Aldon Smith, Willis, Dorsey) the Niner defense is #9 in points allowed.

Because we need something to whine about. Otherwise we lose the glorious title of 40Whiners.
When the f**k is Carradine playing?
Originally posted by sacniner:

Bust. he's a Bust. We shoulda stood pat and drafted WR Justin Hunter.

Seeing as how the defensive line is riddled with injuries, I think we might see him sooner than we think. Pretty soon, Fangio may have no choice but to roll the dice with a couple rookies. He obviously doesn't like to do that, but he may have to.

Both he & Dial start practice this week. Depends on how fast they assimilate into the defense at mid season. Not very easy.
I know its asking a lot for rooks to come in mid season. But man, do we need some help. If anyone knows the status of Dorsey please post. That's a big time loss. He was playing well clogging up the middle.
Get Seymour in the building for the last 10 games. Why not? Or bring in some dudes

Seeing as how the defensive line is riddled with injuries, I think we might see him sooner than we think. Pretty soon, Fangio may have no choice but to roll the dice with a couple rookies. He obviously doesn't like to do that, but he may have to.

Absolutely. After Williams went down for the season, the team did nothing but bring in a bunch 3rd QB's and H-backs that will never see the field while we let starters go in Cooper and (BJ will most likely end up being #2 next year). We have ignored the NT position for too long and it almost cost us a game yesterday. TJE is NOT a NT and neither is Dobbs. And when TJE went down with a pulled muscle as well, we were in big trouble. The Cards were running down our throats, 9 yards at a time. Dial can start practicing soon but Dorsey looked like he was in a lot of pain so I'm praying it's not a torn hamstring! Either way, he'll probably be out for weeks.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Absolutely. After Williams went down for the season, the team did nothing but bring in a bunch 3rd QB's and H-backs that will never see the field while we let starters go in Cooper and (BJ will most likely end up being #2 next year). We have ignored the NT position for too long and it almost cost us a game yesterday. TJE is NOT a NT and neither is Dobbs. And when TJE went down with a pulled muscle as well, we were in big trouble. The Cards were running down our throats, 9 yards at a time. Dial can start practicing soon but Dorsey looked like he was in a lot of pain so I'm praying it's not a torn hamstring! Either way, he'll probably be out for weeks.

You'd think that with Dial sitting there at 330 to 350, they could just stick him in there to plug up the middle, but what do I know?
One thing about our coaching staff.

They all give you absolutely poop in interviews.

After the interview you know almost nothing new. They almost never say anything to give anyone [especially the other teams] anything to work with.

One of the most, if not THE most ridiculous comments I've read in quite some time. I thought we won yesterday. We've won three straight games and were dominant through 2 1/2 of them. This defense is always in the top ten and top 5 in most categories. We all saw what Nolan did with this same talent on defense. Nothing. Some of our fans need to wake up. Either that or just go back to bed and maybe try later.
You'd think that with Dial sitting there at 330 to 350, they could just stick him in there to plug up the middle, but what do I know?

It's REALLY not that complicated at all...neither is RDE although more intricate (i.e. bull rush inside to free up the OLB or containing the edges, sliding inside on passing downe, etc.). People act like these rookies haven't been emersed in the classroom for the past 5-6 months learning the system. Just get your fat ass in there, control the two A-gaps and let the boys around you do their jobs. If you get comfortable enough and you have the opportunity, collapse the pocket...that step-up lane which is a critical component if we want sacks and to defeat the long passes (unlike yesterday). We only had 1 sack yesterday. 1. But the outside pressure is getting there most of the time...QB just easily steps up. THAT is the problem. Come on down Dial and let's see what you've got...
if they cant help go after Richard Seymor and do something about it..