LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Fangio says he's skeptical on how Wright,Carradine or Dial can help

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
If only Roman or harbaugh would come out and say this about manningham and crabtree and make a damn move for a WR.

This is the right position for Fangio to take. If they CAN come in and contribute, all the better, but it is a logical stance to take to be skeptical about what they can bring to the table after only being able to start practice next week.

WR's? Roman is still trying to figure out how many more ways he can send Bruce Miller out wide.
The last report I saw was that Dial was up to between 330 and 350 lbs. He's 6'5". That a huge player. Carradine is evidently up to about 285 so at 6'4", he more Justin Smith - like. I trust Fangio, but I would sure like to see both these players make their way on the field this season.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The last report I saw was that Dial was up to between 330 and 350 lbs. He's 6'5". That a huge player. Carradine is evidently up to about 285 so at 6'4", he more Justin Smith - like. I trust Fangio, but I would sure like to see both these players make their way on the field this season.

They will but I wouldn't count on seeing them until after the bye week likely.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
haters gonna hate
zoners gonna zone
midgets gonna stay small
fat chics gonna eat
Fangio gonna fangina
Originally posted by LVJay:
haters gonna hate
zoners gonna zone
midgets gonna stay small
fat chics gonna eat
Fangio gonna fangina

Are you drunk bro?
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by kidash98:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/10/fangio-skeptical-about-how-soon-tank-carradine-others-can-contribute.html

So he doesn't want to rush a pair of rookies that haven't practiced at all. No big deal.
Yea, leaving the word "soon" out of the post title is really misleading.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

They will but I wouldn't count on seeing them until after the bye week likely.

That's my guess, too. And, that's fine. If they can be there to rotate in and out for the end of the season, that could be a real plus for the D. At his size, I could imagine Dial just plugging up anything and everything that comes inside and I could see Dorsey and Carradine able to spell both McDonald and Smith. And, let's not forget Jerrod-Eddie - he's been a pleasant surprise as far as I'm concerned. The other wildcard is Lemonier - he hasn't made a big impact yet, but if you watch him, you can see that he's been getting close. I'm hoping to see him sack Palmer a couple times this weekend in a coming-out party.
as the season progresses or injuries occur, they will get their shots. Just as was planned.
  • thl408
Originally posted by buck:
There has been more rotation on the defensive line this year.

In the first 5 games last year, Justin Smith played 95.2% of the snaps. This year, he has played 77.8% of the snaps in the first 5 games.

In the first 4 games last year, Ray McDonald played 96.75% of the snaps. This year, he has played 83.5% in the first four games.

Nice.

Fangio said the right thing. No need to come out and say that they were counted on to be key contributors. It may rush them back from injury. There's enough pressure on the rooks.Their timetable to return from those injuries should not change because there are injuries on the Dline. TJE and Dobbs will have to leaned on in the mean time.
Ah.... Remember Justin and Aldon both being hurt and limping into the playoffs and a 1/2 strength defense and losing the Super Bowl. Maybe that's how a rotation could help.....

We are using a little bit more of a rotation. TJE was rotating in even before McDonald left the game. When Ian was starting, Dorsey was rotating in.

So basically we've been using a 4-man rotation, but the 3 starters see the large majority of the snaps. Still better than only playing 3 guys until they collapse.
I think Fangio knows he has some talented guys on the sideline but he's not going to give them anything. They need to work and not think that because they are eligible for games that they deserve to be playing. It's all motivational tactics and blowing smoke up the medias(and the Webzones) arse.
Originally posted by AUniner:
I think Fangio knows he has some talented guys on the sideline but he's not going to give them anything. They need to work and not think that because they are eligible for games that they deserve to be playing. It's all motivational tactics and blowing smoke up the medias(and the Webzones) arse.

I agree. I think there's some of that going on.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
the defense. I tell you what Fangio just run J Smith,McDonald,Dorsey and Brooks into the ground like you did last season. I'm absolutely mindboggled at the lack of rotation on our defensive line during games. I don't know why we get so worked up about draft picks because we draft them and never utilize our depth. There's absolutely no reason for Smith and company to be playing that many snaps a game.

I've been wondering the same thing.......
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I've been wondering the same thing.......

They ARE rotating on the defensive line more than ever. Seriously, I'm getting confused what the heck people want exactly? Is Justin Smith only supposed to take 50% of the snaps, do you want the 49ers best defensive player only playing half the game? They ARE rotating the defensive line, a lot, Justin has been out of the games more than I've seen in the previous two seasons..............sometimes this place makes me want to smash my head against my desk.

Share 49ersWebzone