LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Fangio says he's skeptical on how Wright,Carradine or Dial can help

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I mean Fangio isn't exactly off-base here. It's not unrealistic to say these guys may need a year in the system to start contributing. Ultimately this is just what Fangio does. Cut's players down before they get started because he want's them to know he want's 100%.
Guys we need SUBS here...not asking them to replace Justin and Dorsey. They won't get more than a handful of snaps a game.
out of all those guys, we need Dial the most as of right now
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
out of all those guys, we need Dial the most as of right now

We need Dial the least imo. Dorsey as is plays less than half the snaps since we're in nickel so much. We would probably be just fine without a NT. And yeah I'd be surprised to see any of these guys much before the playoffs. They're gonna need a lot of practice to get caught up.
[ Edited by Disp on Oct 10, 2013 at 7:14 PM ]
I think Dial could really help out the 4 man front. Put him and Dorsey inside with smith and brooks as de's. Mix in lemonier. Most importantly Dial and Tank are needed to give guys a rest.
Again, remember what Fangio said about Reid preseason and Reid has started every game and been a factor. I bet both Carradine and Dial will be in the mix after the bye week and for the remainder of the season.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Again, remember what Fangio said about Reid preseason and Reid has started every game and been a factor. I bet both Carradine and Dial will be in the mix after the bye week and for the remainder of the season.

100% agree!
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by kidash98:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/10/fangio-skeptical-about-how-soon-tank-carradine-others-can-contribute.html

So he doesn't want to rush a pair of rookies that haven't practiced at all. No big deal.
This
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
tank isn't gonna help? has fangio watched tank's fsu tape? what the heck
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
dial will be more of a help than j-eddie. he can take on a double team way better than j-eddie

Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
For example last Sunday do we really need to play J Smith and Brooks up 34 to 3. No, you put those guys on the bench and play Dobbs and Jerrod-Eddie.

Gotta agree. Your not only risking what happened late last year with a worn out D-Line, but also injuries and not allowing backups to develop. You would think Harbaugh would draw the line on this. At Stanford he always did a lot of substitution..
Originally posted by eonblue:
I mean Fangio isn't exactly off-base here. It's not unrealistic to say these guys may need a year in the system to start contributing. Ultimately this is just what Fangio does. Cut's players down before they get started because he want's them to know he want's 100%.

That is not always the case. D-lineman can come in and make immediate contributions as much or more than any other position.
Nothing wrong with Fangio being skeptical. Its up to these guys to prove him wrong. And he'd be happy about it. All he's saying is that without any real off sesson work who knows how they will perform. Sounds pretty logical. I respect that more than him blowing smoke out his ass.
If only Roman or harbaugh would come out and say this about manningham and crabtree and make a damn move for a WR.

This is the right position for Fangio to take. If they CAN come in and contribute, all the better, but it is a logical stance to take to be skeptical about what they can bring to the table after only being able to start practice next week.
Originally posted by susweel:
fangio is a dick

susweel always brings the lulz.

Share 49ersWebzone