LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

Fangio says he's skeptical on how Wright,Carradine or Dial can help

Shop Find 49ers gear online
the defense. I tell you what Fangio just run J Smith,McDonald,Dorsey and Brooks into the ground like you did last season. I'm absolutely mindboggled at the lack of rotation on our defensive line during games. I don't know why we get so worked up about draft picks because we draft them and never utilize our depth. There's absolutely no reason for Smith and company to be playing that many snaps a game.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
the defense. I tell you what Fangio just run J Smith,McDonald,Dorsey and Brooks into the ground like you did last season. I'm absolutely mindboggled at the lack of rotation on our defensive line during games. I don't know why we get so worked up about draft picks because we draft them and never utilize our depth. There's absolutely no reason for Smith and company to be playing that many snaps a game.

Yup. We had the same damn problem last year. I'm still b***hing about losing RJF and SOAP and only replacing them with Dorsey and two injured guys. Boggles my mind.
Yeah how hard is it to line up a 350 pound NT and have him 2-gap and collapse the step-up lane once in a while while spelling Dorsey? Fang...allergic to rotations.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
fangio is a dick
Link?
Fangio has never been the type to heap praise. But like with Harbaugh, actions speak louder than words, so we'll see soon enough.
Read the article. He is basically saying calm your tits. These guys will need time to get into playing shape.
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Link?

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/10/fangio-skeptical-about-how-soon-tank-carradine-others-can-contribute.html

The last 2 games - a total of 14 points given up including no TD's by a top 5 offense...

Web Zone response: "fangio is a dick"
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The last 2 games - a total of 14 points given up including no TD's by a top 5 offense...

LOL

Look who made the comment.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SportsFan:

LOL

lol
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kidash98:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/10/fangio-skeptical-about-how-soon-tank-carradine-others-can-contribute.html

So he doesn't want to rush a pair of rookies that haven't practiced at all. No big deal.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I agree with Fangio. It's kinda shortsided and unrealistic to expect a 2nd and 5th round pick to come in and be huge difference makers with no OTAs, TC or preseason in the middle of the regular season. You're setting yourself up for huge disappointment if you think otherwise.

Our D Line is thin right now and it's gonna be that way up until mid December imo. Best thnig we can do is what we have been doing, play ball control Offense to rest the D and get TOs. If we do that we should be ok for the next month or so.
Remember, around half way through the pre-season, he said he wasn't sure Reid would begin the season starting. Reid came on strong and started. He's not unreasonable - I'm sure that like was mentioned above he needs them to demonstrate that they're game ready and in game shape.
Share 49ersWebzone