There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The McBLT is back....for a limited time only!

Originally posted by outside4949:
Most coaches cant find a starting qb. Harbaughs problem is he cant find a backup. hahaha. The best part is people around here want to lynch him for the backup qb debacle. hahahaha you motherf**kers are to much!!
So who's calling for his lynching? He came in and righted a sinking ship and he will get through this. He is the BEST thing that has happened to this organization since Denice DeBartolo got control of the team.

However, whoever is making the decisions for the QB Merry-Go-Round leaves people scratching their heads. It's evident that they are NOT comfortable with McCoy, but they can't go on with this QB carousel indefinitely. With Kaep's bad foot and the lack of confidence with McCoy, they need to get (whoever he may be) another QB up to speed and familiarized with the system. ...and stop calling people names ...they're all entitled to their opinions.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Screw the back up QB's this season, Baalke is waiting to grab his true back up QB in Aaron Murray!!!!!
Half of the league's starters stink, so it's no surprise there are hardly any good backups out there. We just have to keep taking flyers on guys until we find someone competent.
Idc as long as were not scrambling to sign a starting QB! Shoot, I won't be surprise if we drop Bethel next week and sign Flynn or Pat White. I wouldn't care how many times we gotta sign and release 3rd string QBs, as long as we end up finding the right one for the job.
I love how many fans are just writing off the backup QB position. They will realize how screwed up it is if Kap goes down, and how our season will essentially be over at that point.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I love how many fans are just writing off the backup QB position. They will realize how screwed up it is if Kap goes down, and how our season will essentially be over at that point.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

We aren't writing off the back up position, Baalke is by doing all these WTF moves. Would have much more comfotable with Skelton as the back up than McCoy or Methel-Thompson.

Next they'll probably draft another QB who fits the Read-Option again.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Oct 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM ]
The 49ers are confused. Questions on Greg Roman's Thrusday interview:

Q. What do you like about QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson?

"A. What do I like about McLeod Bethel-Thompson? We had McLeod right out of college and we were very impressed with him then. He has taken a very sar—how do you say that word—circuitous route back to Santa Clara. Thanks, Matt. Very impressive when he was here as a young guy coming out. Liked his demeanor, his release, a lot of things about him. He went and played in a different league, ended up with the Vikings for a while and he's somebody that we've really liked since day one. As fate has it, here he is. We have an opportunity to get him and we get him."

Q. You cut him for Packers QB Scott Tolzien a couple years ago, now you bring him back. Has he improved? Is there something he's doing better now than he did two years ago? Why the renewed interest?

A. "I think the interest has always been there. I think we'll have to see him out at practice. His preseason tape was pretty darn good and he definitely flashed to us during the preseason. But, we're going to have to see him out at practice to truly answer that question."

-----------------------------------------
Huh??? You already had the guy once and saw what he could do...what does Roman mean "As fate has it, here he is. We have an opportunity to get him and we get him"and "But, we're going to have to see him out at practice to truly answer that question."

I've never heard such B.S.

-----------------------------------------

Sorry we are not talking about the backup QB position. We are talking about the 3rd stringer. Now, if we get down to him we are truly screwed.
Originally posted by English:

Sorry we are not talking about the backup QB position. We are talking about the 3rd stringer. Now, if we get down to him we are truly screwed.

Exactly. As would every other good team in the league.

But you're not taking into consideration that the 49er's have little or no confidence in McCoy. And other than his last pre-season game, he hasn't shown much.
So it could be that this 3rd string QB may end up better than Colt and actually take over the 2nd string position.

It would be different if McCoy had actually shown us something or if the 49er's had kept Alex Smith, then there wouldn't be a need for a backup nor a concern about the 2nd stringer.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Oct 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM ]
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:

But you're not taking into consideration that the 49er's have little or no confidence in McCoy. And other than his last pre-season game, he hasn't shown much.
So it could be that this 3rd string QB may end up better than Colt and actually take over the 2nd string position.

It would be different if McCoy had actually shown us something or if the 49er's had kept Alex Smith, then there wouldn't be a need for a backup nor a concern about the 2nd stringer.

And if Kaepernick continues to struggle, we may be looking at taking over the first string position... ...Remember Harbaugh is not afraid to change QBs no matter what...Someone needs to light a fire under Kaps ass. Also, remember Harbaugh likes competition..This is a what have you done for me lately league..Take Eli Manning for example..Who does he have breathing down his neck...Ryan Nassib and Curtis Painter. We're looking for a guy that can step in at any time..injury OR slump...
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Oct 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM ]
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

And if Kaepernick continues to struggle, we may be looking at taking over the first string position... ...Remember Harbaugh is not afraid to change QBs no matter what...Someone needs to light a fire under Kaps ass. Also, remember Harbaugh likes competition..This is a what have you done for me lately league..Take Eli Manning for example..Who does he have breathing down his neck...Ryan Nassib and Curtis Painter. We're looking for a guy that can step in at any time..injury OR slump...

And Daniels or Skelton would of lit a fire? 1 is a project rookie, and 1 is unproven vet who hasn't show anything. Colt is better than them. So sick of this bs on why we cut Daniels, and cut Skelton for Bethel-Thompson. Get the F over it. Baalke knows way more than any fan on this board, or any forums.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

And Daniels or Skelton would of lit a fire? 1 is a project rookie, and 1 is unproven vet who hasn't show anything. Colt is better than them. So sick of this bs on why we cut Daniels, and cut Skelton for Bethel-Thompson. Get the F over it. Baalke knows way more than any fan on this board, or any forums.

Just like Baalke knew Soo much more about AJ Jenkins during the draft than everyone else?

You can say that about almost every team in the league, if they lose their #1