There are 184 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The McBLT is back....for a limited time only!

Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
McLeod Bethel-Thompson Has a Good Arm..Welcome to the 49ers

Did you watch this video before posting? He was missing receivers by a mile.
Bethel-Thompson > Skelton > BJ Daniels > Tolzien > Josh Johnson > Bethel-Thompson.

I'm confused, somebody drug test the FO
Originally posted by BrianGO:

"So, McLeod Bethel-Thompson was on the practice squad in 2011, but Trent Baalke (and Harbaugh) thought that Scott Tolzien was better than Bethel-Thompson then. Then they thought BJ Daniels was better than Tolzien. Then they thought John Skelton was better than Daniels. And now they think Bethel-Thompson is bettter than Skelton? Looks like they're back to square one."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/10/qb-carousel-49ers-drop-john-skelton-sign-bethel-thompson.html#storylink=cpy

Tolzien won over Bethel-Thompson. BJ Daniels won over Tolzien. Skelton won over BJ Daniels. Bethel-Thompson wins over Skelton. ???

The most confusing part of all of this, was Harbaugh's reasoning for letting go of BJ Daniels to bring in Skelton.
Paraphrasing: "We wanted another veteran. I think that's what we needed to add to that position." So what do they do? They replace that "veteran" with someone who hasn't even attempted a pass in a regular season NFL game, and a player we released for Scott Tolzien.

What pray tell has McLeod Bethel-Thompson done in the last two years to impress the coaches enough to win over all of these other players?
This is definitely the biggest WTF move from the Harbaalke era.

Yes, this is truly a WTF move!

Bethel-Thompson > Skelton > BJ Daniels > Tolzien > Josh Johnson > Bethel-Thompson ??
[ Edited by maxsmart on Oct 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
lmao, it's a good god damn 3rd QB, why is everyone ready to crucify Baalke and Harbaugh Their record shows they know there s**t, while 99.99% of the webzone, and other boards, and fans dont know what an NFL team knows. Look at how bad guys like Kiper, McShay and Mayock get it wrong on drafted players.

But why say, "We want to bring in an experienced veteran", and then do the exact opposite of that a week later?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
McLeod Bethel-Thompson was released in 2011 to make room for Scott Tolzien.
Scott Tolzien was released to make room for B.J. Daniels
B.J. Daniels was released to make room for John Skelton
John Skelton was released to make room for..

Wait. I think I got this one figured out.

Let's say MBT has a rating of "5".
We dump him for Tolzien who we thought at the time, to have a rating of "6".
Then we dump Tolzien because we thought he got MUCH worse, and his rating went down to "2".
We replace him with BJ Daniels, with a rating of "3".
We replace him, with Skelton, with a rating of "4".
We replace him, with MBT, with a rating of "5".

So basically, we REALLY messed up by signing Tolzien, and every other move has been legit.
Not going to get stressed about a third stringer.

My guess is, Harbaugh decided that BJ was not going to develop enough and is now waiting, in this respect, for next year's draft. Meantime like a gambler playing the slots Baalke is just playing around with FA on the remote off chance that they hit a winner.

Fairly sure we are more worried about it that they are.
3rd QB is not a stable job, that's for sure lol.

I say we draft a QB in the later rounds every year. Just keep bringing bodies. Sooner or later we'll find a gem and flip him for a 2nd rounder, or more.
Not worry, he'll be released next week after this weeks game.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I have been trying to make sense of the moves at quarterback.

Maybe, and I stress the word maybe, Kaepernick has a foot injury that might require surgery.

Such an injury would help explain both Kaepernick's apparent regression and what seems to be an hyper-active search for a back-up quarterback.

Of course, I am making what might be considered a somewhat radical assumption--Baalke and Harbaugh are not idiots.

edit: Just noticed that Kaepernick in on the injury report for a foot problem. If I am not mistaken, this is 2nd or 3rd time that he has been listed with a foot injury.
[ Edited by buck on Oct 10, 2013 at 3:19 AM ]
I think everyone is making too much of this. I think the reason they tried to move BJ to the practice squad early is because they are going to have to move one of the quarterbacks there when everyone is healthy. Maybe they thought they would have a better chance of sneaking him on if they did it now instead of later. After he was taken they just grabbed the next guy who turned out to be Skelton. They simply dont have enough room to hold 3 on the active list when everyone returns.
Maybe. There's probably some technical reason like that for all this silliness. Too bad we lost BJ. I hope all these shenanigans don't distract from the more important priorities. Like making sure we have a plan to get first downs on offense, get Kap back into a successful pro passing scheme, and so on.
Originally posted by English:
Not going to get stressed about a third stringer.

My guess is, Harbaugh decided that BJ was not going to develop enough and is now waiting, in this respect, for next year's draft. Meantime like a gambler playing the slots Baalke is just playing around with FA on the remote off chance that they hit a winner.

Fairly sure we are more worried about it that they are.

Great post English. I don't see what everyone is so worked up over. Its obvious Harbaugh is not comfortable with the backup qb position and he's going to keep bringing guys in until he finds a guy he feels is a serviceable player. I would have to agree with coach and Baalke on this for obvious reasons. B.J. Daniels, Skelton, McCoy, Thompson. WTF guys I'd be uncomfortable with all these clowns as well. Expect to see more guys brought in and unless you like Colt McCoy you better hope the search continues. Its only going to make this team better.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
McLeod Bethel-Thompson Has a Good Arm..Welcome to the 49ers

Did you watch this video before posting? He was missing receivers by a mile.

Yeah, dude is horrible