LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Who is the #1 true Captain of this team. (Players)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is the #1 true Captain of this team. (Players)

In my opinion if you truly think about it I think its VD. The man has grown up and is the #1 Leader of this team. 2 would be Willis and I would say 3 is Gore or Justin.

Your thoughts guys?
Frank Gore. He may not be your typical leader, but i think if i had to place my finger on one guy its Frank.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

This
Definitely Gore. He's a lead by example type leader. You can tell the entire team really feeds off his presence.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

This

49er Seniority, consistency, selflessness, on-field production. What else do you need?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Definitely Gore. He's a lead by example type leader. You can tell the entire team really feeds off his presence.

this times infinity
Gore overall, and offensively, and Justin defensively.
True gore is this team. Willis may be more vocal but gore should be more of a leader vocally.....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
True gore is this team. Willis may be more vocal but gore should be more of a leader vocally.....

well he is probably the only one who can yip at the head coach and get away with it

Why should our star RB be more vocal? If anything other guys should step up and fill that roll. That's not Gores place, but i can guarantee you when something truly needs to be said, Gore is the first to say it.

And Willis has never really been a vocal or outspoken leader. Thats one of the reasons i believe singletary didnt want him. He is not a singletary or lewis type of vocal ILB. He doesnt fit that mold. He has tried to force himself into that roll, but it is awkward for him.

IMO its likely that Whitner is the most vocal player on defense.
Gore, no question about. No one cares as much about this team, and no one produces as consistently as Frank Gore does.
Captain save a hoe
For once I think we are all in agreement.

Willis isn't the vocal leader people want him to be, either. That was the knock on him towards the beginning of his career (since there wasn't much else to knock). This team really doesn't have the rah-rah type of vocal leader like Ray Lewis was. In terms of a player trying to help others by telling them what they should or shouldn't do, I'd say VD is definitely that guy for us. As for the overall leader by example (work ethic, heart, determination, etc.) Frank Gore is definitely that guy for us.

Basically, it's Gore.
Share 49ersWebzone