There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

"We can't draft wide receivers"

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
What they need to do is get the passing game coordinator off his AERSE. Whether its Harbaugh or Roman they need to do a better job of coaching the passing game.

It is Chryst and the best scheme in the world won't win games if you don't have players that can play.
Baldwin can play. Its hard to show what Baldwin can do when you only feature him in 2 pass plays.
Baldwin can play. Its hard to show what Baldwin can do when you only feature him in 2 pass plays.

What does Baldwin have to do with us drafting WR's?
sftout was mentioning we don't have weapons at WR. I know part of that is true. KW blows and should not be on the roster along with M Moore. But Quan, Baldwin and VD,along with Crabs hopefully, the weapons are there. They just gotta let keep Rip it.
sftout was mentioning we don't have weapons at WR. I know part of that is true. KW blows and should not be on the roster along with M Moore. But Quan, Baldwin and VD,along with Crabs hopefully, the weapons are there. They just gotta let keep Rip it.

But going forward to next season, all we have is Crabtree, Baldwin, and Patton. It would be real nice to bolster that a bit with the addition of Gordon through 2015. Add a mid to late round draft pick to compliment those guys and our WR's are set for 2014. Who would be a better option for 2014? A proven Gordon, or a high pick, unproven WR?
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Oct 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM ]
The 3rd rounder from the Titans i'd give up for Gordon. nothing more. He's good but risky doper.
Man this thread makes me miss Crabtree
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Man this thread makes me miss Crabtree

This season makes me miss him, it would be a huge risk to grab up Gordon, but we do need help. We have the draft pick to spare, but I'd hate to blow it and have dude f**k up and get stuck with having to wait a year to get any return on the investment. Gordon is a very talented kid, but he seems dumb as a rock. He needs to grow up.
We definitely should make the trade for Gordon. Who knows exactly when Crabtree will be back and how effective he will be this season. We need another playmaker at WR to help Boldin and Kaepernick.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
A Mod writes a thread about the ineptitude at the WR position and it is well received.

I start a similar thread (http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174158-bad-scouting-evaluating-wrs/search=doc_brown_), and get sh*t on. Nice!

A well respected and long time member of this community, who has witnessed for several moons the ebbs and flows of the webzone, penned a brief and concise analysis predicated on creating discussion and you are upset? My man, you got to think it might generate interest in your thread. Dang it, man. Embrace the love of someone joining into the discussion. Dare, I say this is a forum! There is plenty of room for you both!

Nice post, English. It is flat out clear we have invested less than pittance in our efforts to acquire high quality WR talent.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Someone go page Rascal... he's more than ready to take over this thread.

What a beautiful cover design. Love it.

First off, to the mods, posts like that should be banned based on the forum rules. Is simply childish. So, where are the mods now ?

But, hey NickSh49, ironically I am yet to make a single post on this thread, just look around you, since you have so much free time in your hands, why don't you design another 10, 15, 20 covers for the other posters who have come out to speak the truth.

It is what it is, the 49ers have done a less than stellar job on WRs to put it mildly. The writing or the facts are on the wall, is up to you whether you wish to ignore or accept it.
Originally posted by thl408:
Is that true? I always thought defensive line had the highest bust percentage. I have no idea what the truth is regarding what is the highest 1st round bust position.

It's WR.
Wow, it seems like every thread in here turns out to be a "Trade for Gordon NOW Thread", no matter what the title says. Smh!
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
A Mod writes a thread about the ineptitude at the WR position and it is well received.

I start a similar thread (http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174158-bad-scouting-evaluating-wrs/search=doc_brown_), and get sh*t on. Nice!

doc_brown, yep you've pretty much summed it up, this is what happens when any of us who posts or tries to discuss something that is less than positive about the 49ers organizations.I have surfed around the net to look at different 9ers fans forums, I can tell you many of them are not like that.

In any case, it is well-documented by the media and even Webzone's own reporting by Al Sacco that our current passing game sucks. Is just a fact. It is debatable whether it is an issue of Kap or the receivers, in all likelihood it is probably a combination of both. On the receivers front, if one can't assign at least a portion of the responsibility to the front office, then I don't know who can you assign that responsilty to. Is just totally absurd to think some would say it has nothing to do with the front office.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Wow, it seems like every thread in here turns out to be a "Trade for Gordon NOW Thread", no matter what the title says. Smh!

What do you expect? It's our most glaring issue. Generally last year all threads seemed to devolve into Kaep vs. Smith debate. It's what's on everyone's mind. I'm not surprised it bled into a thread about examining our recent history with wide receivers.