LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 425 users in the forums

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I always thought Cox would make a good returner.

I also can see McDonald and/or Patton go on IR, depends on how well Mario and Crabs come back, and if Patton's injury is to severe

Yeah, I think McDonald may go on IR if and when Dorsey returns and Tank/Dial show they can help. Maybe then McDonald can rehab enough to be ready for playoffs. He certainly did not look very effective on Sunday.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I always thought Cox would make a good returner.

I also can see McDonald and/or Patton go on IR, depends on how well Mario and Crabs come back, and if Patton's injury is to severe

Yeah, I think McDonald may go on IR if and when Dorsey returns and Tank/Dial show they can help. Maybe then McDonald can rehab enough to be ready for playoffs. He certainly did not look very effective on Sunday.
If McDonald goes on IR he is done for the year.
qing...
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
If McDonald goes on IR he is done for the year.

This.
Ask me this question on Sunday afternoon after the game might have more injuries
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
hopes: kyle williams, nate stupar, ventrone, nnamdi

realistic: osgood, dobbs, nnamdi or cox, stupar

Osgood has played a key role in our ST improving from last year. Itll be Dobbs, Cox, Stupar, and Nnamdi.

No way Kyle Williams gets cut. We have no idea how Manningham will look coming back, or how Crabtree will be. Achilles tears usually take a full year+ to get back to 100%. Crabtree may be able to play in late Nov, but he probably wont be pro bowl caliber again until next season. Williams plays too many roles that were weak in. With James in the doghouse, and Cox getting cut, we wont have many PR options either.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Osgood has played a key role in our ST improving from last year. Itll be Dobbs, Cox, Stupar, and Nnamdi.

No way Kyle Williams gets cut. We have no idea how Manningham will look coming back, or how Crabtree will be. Achilles tears usually take a full year+ to get back to 100%. Crabtree may be able to play in late Nov, but he probably wont be pro bowl caliber again until next season. Williams plays too many roles that were weak in. With James in the doghouse, and Cox getting cut, we wont have many PR options either.

Crabtree could potentially be 100% by at least week 13 or 14 due to not wasting time between the injury and surgery, like Hunter did. Hunters 9 monthes were primarily because the delay between his injury and surgery and iirc makes surgery, healing, rehab a little more complicated then immediate surgery. I believe Manningham delayed his surgery as well and its a reason why even though he was injured just a few weeks after kw, he still hasnt played.
Originally posted by Niners99:

So you'd keep Moore over cox?

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Crabtree could potentially be 100% by at least week 13 or 14 due to not wasting time between the injury and surgery, like Hunter did. Hunters 9 monthes were primarily because the delay between his injury and surgery and iirc makes surgery, healing, rehab a little more complicated then immediate surgery. I believe Manningham delayed his surgery as well and its a reason why even though he was injured just a few weeks after kw, he still hasnt played.

They don't "waste" time. The damage from the injury can cause swelling that takes weeks to go down enough for surgery to be successful.
What about Marlon Moore? Is he contributing on STs? Because he isn't doing much as a WR

Originally posted by sfout:
They don't "waste" time. The damage from the injury can cause swelling that takes weeks to go down enough for surgery to be successful.

Bad wording on my part, waste time wasnt what i meant because it sounds negative but my brain isnt firing on all cylinders today. Didnt Manninghams knee take about 6 weeks for the swelling to go down?
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Dobbs shouldnt be included in anyones lists... he is the first DL off the bench when they start subbing Smith and McDonald out. So there is some failboating right off the bat for this thread.

And remember Osgood can be cut as well, plus there is likely to be more injuries. Osgood, Morris, Cunningham, and Harper would be my guess. Osgood being the least likeliest.

+1 I thought Dobbs played well when he went in. D line still looked strong..duno why people are down on him. I think your picks make the most sense. What do you think...is Celek on the bubble now that we have Mcdonald? We also have Miller who can do some pass catching.

I'll also disagree with people who think it's too dangerous to only carry 2 qbs..it's a luxury to carry 3 and we have more talent than space right now. We might just carry 2.

I love how talented this team is! Whoever we lose are going to get picked up somewhere.
Originally posted by blm7754:
None of those options.... hard to predict though without knowing the severity of RayMac's injury. Assuming he is ok....

Moore will get cut in favor of Manningham.

Tony Jerod Eddie will get cut in favor of Carradine.

Bubba Ventrone will get cut in favor of Dial. (don't need 5 safeties)

Namdi MIGHT get cut in favor of Wright. Wright will have to win the job. Namdi was playing fairly well before his injury. Wright will have to prove that he is an upgrade.

Problem is Nmadi has a guaranteed salary. Doubt he goes.
I'm going to bump this one. Can we please let the other thread on reinforcements go since this one was up 1st?

Anyways, it's going to get exciting in these next few weeks. 1st thing will be exciting to see if we make a trade by the Tuesday deadline. My guess is no but we are shopping Dixon, Asomugha and Baldwin. We are probably looking at a WR; even if not actively. Then once we get past that we will have to see who gets cut for Manningham, Moody, Wright, Tank and Crabtree. Seems like Moore, Asomugha, Williams, Baldwin, TJE/Dobbs and Stupar are at the top of the list.
fair kyle
Share 49ersWebzone