Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Moore, Morris, Asomuagh and Ventrone
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Oct 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
cut Kyle Williams! The Chiefs will know how to use him!

Would not be even a little suprised if KC had him in within a day.
Aldon
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Isn't that what some said about AJ Jenkins?
Oh snap! Here we go...Carradine, Dial, Wright and Manningham back to practice tomorrow.

If/when activated, I expect the following to be cut:

OLB Jermaine Cunningham - Cam Johnson II minus the late 7th rounder.
H-back Chris Harper - We hardly activated you...oh wait!
WR Marlon Moore - Well, not my choice personally but the guy was rarely used...at all...sooo?
CB Darryl Morris - For the love of God, I pray Baalke learned SOMETHING from the Cooper-fail but probably not.
ST Raymond Ventrone - ST player, but is he truly a ST "ace?"

Offense: (26)
QB (3): Colin Kaepernick, Colt McCoy and McLeod Bethel-Thompson
RB (4): Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, LaMichael James and Anthony Dixon; Marcus Lattimore (NFI)
FB (1): Bruce Miller
H-Back (1): Chris Harper
WR (6): X = Jon Baldwin/Marlon Moore --- Y = Kyle Williams/Quinton Patton --- Z = Anquan Boldin/Kassim Osgood; Mario Manningham & Michael Crabtree (PUP)
TE (3): Vernon Davis, Vance McDonald and Garrett Celek
OT (3): Joe Staley, Anthony Davis and Adam Snyder (Alex Boone); Luke Marquardt (NFI)
OG (3): Mike Iupati, Alex Boone and Joe Looney (Adam Snyder)
C (2): Jonathan Goodwin and Daniel Kilgore (Joe Looney)

Defense: (24)
DE (4): Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Tony Jerod-Eddie and Demarcus Dobbs; Tank Carradine (NFI)
NT (1): Glenn Dorsey; Quinton Dial (NFI) & Ian Williams (I.R.)
OLB (4): Dan Skuta, Ahmad Brooks, Corey Lemonier and Jermaine Cunningham; Aldon Smith (NFI)
ILB (4): NaVorro Bowman, Michael Wilhoite, Nathan Stupar and Patrick Willis; Nick Moody (I.R. designated to return)
CB (6): Tarell Brown, Carlos Rogers, Perrish Cox, Tramaine Brock, Nnamdi Asomugha and Darryl Morris; Chris Culliver & Eric Wright (I.R. & NFI)
S (5): Donte Whitner, Eric Reid, Craig Dahl, C.J. Spillman and Raymond Ventrone

Special Teams: (3)
PK: Phil Dawson
P: Andy Lee
LS: Kevin McDermott
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

you guys can have him.
Nnamdi Asomugha has been a two week healthy scratch I say he is done if and when Wright is ready. Others are Cunningham, Moore and Maybe Dobbs or TJE
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Nnamdi Asomugha has been a two week healthy scratch I say he is done if and when Wright is ready. Others are Cunningham, Moore and Maybe Dobbs or TJE

Thought about Nnamdi as well...a vet for a vet? Hmmm. Thought about Dobbs and TJE as well but we are thin enough on the DL as well...won't be easy!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

i would keep him for insurance which we may need if we make a deep playoff run, on the other hand i am not leaning to keep moore and cut kyle.give the return job to james. now that is based upon the fact that mario is ready to play
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Thought about Nnamdi as well...a vet for a vet? Hmmm. Thought about Dobbs and TJE as well but we are thin enough on the DL as well...won't be easy!

MM was saying we aren't expected to keep seven DL. If true we better reconsider that with injuries we've had on the Dline.

Originally posted by Hopper:

MM was saying we aren't expected to keep seven DL. If true we better reconsider that with injuries we've had on the Dline.

Let's see...we have McDonald who's playing hurt, Dorsey who may be out for weeks, TJE pulled a hammy and is best suited for LDE, Carradine at RDE, Dial for NT and Justin at RDE. That's 7 as Williams is on I.R. We BETTER keep 7 at the rate we're going. LOL

I'm with you buddy!
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 14, 2013 at 5:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:

Let's see...we have McDonald who's playing hurt, Dorsey who may be out for weeks, TJE pulled a hammy and is best suited for LDE, Carradine at RDE, Dial for NT and Justin at RDE. That's 7 as Williams is on I.R. We BETTER keep 7 at the rate we're going. LOL

I'm with you buddy!

Also still have Dobbs and TJE only had cramps so sure we are banged up but one of those 8 are not going to be on roster in a few weeks.
Cut Nmandi's useless, soft self.

Kansas City 49Chiefs.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by titan:
We are banking too much on Carradine and Dial. Have they even practiced yet?

Nobody is commenting on their ability. They are commenting on the fact that once they come back they will either have to be cut, or someone else will have to be cut so that they can be put on the 53. That's it.

It doesn't matter what Tank does in practice or how ready he is, unless the 9ers are gonna cut him (which they're absolutely not gonna do) a space has to be cleared for him. Same goes for Dial.
No the other option is 1 of these guys or both end up on IR... those are the 3 choices the Niners get to make for people coming of PUP list IR, added to the 53 man roster or be cut. If Fangio has any sayin this I can see atleast one of them hitting IR cause he doesn't really think they'll be able to contribute much this year.
Share 49ersWebzone