LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Originally posted by titan:
We are banking too much on Carradine and Dial. Have they even practiced yet?

Nobody is commenting on their ability. They are commenting on the fact that once they come back they will either have to be cut, or someone else will have to be cut so that they can be put on the 53. That's it.

It doesn't matter what Tank does in practice or how ready he is, unless the 9ers are gonna cut him (which they're absolutely not gonna do) a space has to be cleared for him. Same goes for Dial.
  • JP49
  • Veteran
Moore +3
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JP49:
Moore +3

sigh. he was my pre season man crush. my version of nate davis and bj but you go by results and yes he has not proved anything. when mario comes back for london,, you can cut him. now i know he has done well on special teams but we have a bunch of guys who do well on special teams like dahl and reid and they are valuable to the team in other ways. i thought moore would be willie mcgee two and would return kicks and punts. alas i was wrong again
Originally posted by SofaKing:
6 cuts have to be made if everyone returns (Crab, Mario, Tank, Dial, Wright, Aldon). Here's my prediction:

First guys to go:

Jermaine Cunningham
Daryl Morris
Nate Stupar

Next up:

Marlon Moore
DeMarcus Dobbs
Chris Harper

Notes:

- I don't see the Niners cutting Kyle Williams. Moore and Harper go to make room for Crab and Mario. Try to stash Harper on the PS.
- Tony Jerod-Eddie is a big body with potential. DL depth is needed with so many guys banged up. He stays.
- Osgood and Ventrone stay, too valuable on special teams.
That sounds right to me.
Originally posted by Ntournahu82:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
6 cuts have to be made if everyone returns (Crab, Mario, Tank, Dial, Wright, Aldon). Here's my prediction:

First guys to go:

Jermaine Cunningham
Daryl Morris
Nate Stupar

Next up:

Marlon Moore
DeMarcus Dobbs
Chris Harper

Notes:

- I don't see the Niners cutting Kyle Williams. Moore and Harper go to make room for Crab and Mario. Try to stash Harper on the PS.
- Tony Jerod-Eddie is a big body with potential. DL depth is needed with so many guys banged up. He stays.
- Osgood and Ventrone stay, too valuable on special teams.
That sounds right to me.

This is also the list of the next signings for the Seahawks as well.
DB Darryl Morris
OLB Jermaine Cunningham
TE Garrett Celek
WR Marlon Moore
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
moore gets cut before kyle, no doubt
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Adios Kyle Williams, adios Marlon Moore, adios Namdee Awesumwahh, adios Dobbs

i think this is the best answer. Williams or Baldwin. At least Williams can contribute to ST. What can baldwin do?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

i think this is the best answer. Williams or Baldwin. At least Williams can contribute to ST. What can baldwin do?

You don't cut a guy that can start if need be. Baldwin can, Moore cannot.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Moore +3

sigh. he was my pre season man crush. my version of nate davis and bj but you go by results and yes he has not proved anything. when mario comes back for london,, you can cut him. now i know he has done well on special teams but we have a bunch of guys who do well on special teams like dahl and reid and they are valuable to the team in other ways. i thought moore would be willie mcgee two and would return kicks and punts. alas i was wrong again

Moore has definately been a disappointment. Manningham comes back and our WR core is the best we've seen in a decade...even if he's at 85%.

Dobbs shouldnt be included in anyones lists... he is the first DL off the bench when they start subbing Smith and McDonald out. So there is some failboating right off the bat for this thread.

And remember Osgood can be cut as well, plus there is likely to be more injuries. Osgood, Morris, Cunningham, and Harper would be my guess. Osgood being the least likeliest.
[ Edited by 5280High on Oct 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM ]
Probably frank, VD, Willis, and Justin Smith.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Baldwin has a guaranteed contract, plus he has more potential then Williams does. Kyle is garbage.

Guys who should go, include, Moore, K.Williams, Cunningham(For Aldon only, then we're short at LBs), then some I hate, but we need vet depth, Morris(For Wright), Mario and crabs come back, Moore and Kyle are goners for me. But they like Kyle for some reason he sucks on PRs. Give Cox a crack at it. Dont forget Moody will be back near week 11, so I think Stupar stays till then. It will be tough.

I like Dobbs, so TJE cut for Dial. Tank we need back, but who plays on sunday's if Tak and Dobbs are on 53-man? Ray Mac, Justin, Dorsey, Dial, and Tank or Dobbs, we usually onlt activate 5 DL, since we had Aldon and Brooks play End in certain packages.

I know 203K isnt a lot, but the team likes Harper. Why give him that much guarantee on a 3yr rookie deal, that pays 405K this year.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Moore +3

its not like Moore has actually barely been on the field though....
cut Kyle Williams! The Chiefs will know how to use him!
Share 49ersWebzone