There are 296 users in the forums

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

If McDonald goes to IR, this is what I'd do:

Carradine to replace McDonald
Manningham to replace Moore (cut)
Dial to replace Asomugha (cut) -- I see it as a possible Braylon Edwards type thing. He got hurt early in the season, got replaced, and that was it.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Stupar for Moody
Dobbs for Tank
TJE for Dial
Moore for Mario
Williams for Crabs (Please happen, Kyle is horrible)
Morris for Wright
Cunningham for Aldon, if he comes back at all.

We wont go 2 QBs, too risky.

The only person I would regret cutting in all this would be TJE. The kid has stuck it out and played well. Dobbs and Williams have hung around too long. The Niners will be alot better than these two guys.
  • titan
  • Veteran
We are banking too much on Carradine and Dial. Have they even practiced yet?
Originally posted by titan:

exactly, no they haven't, there is going to have to be a learning curve
Originally posted by titan:

You thinking, if the two rooks can't catch on fast enough for a super bowl contending team, they will "allegedly accidently" get injured and be forced back on the PUP/IR?

Might be smart.. At least one of them.
Dobbs for Carradine
Tony Jerod Eddie for Dial (Depending on McDonald's injury)
Moore for Manningham
Morris for Wright (sign Morris back to PS if he clear waivers)
Cunningham for Aldon.Smith
Stupar for Moody
K.Williams for Crabtree
I won't give a man for man prediction, but I will say this, the clock is ticking on Marlon Moore and Kyle Williams. If Perrish Cox or even LaMichael James can be counted on to call for fair catches (which is what Kyle has given us), Kyle Williams will lose his one saving grace of being a returner. It's unfortunate that he hasn't performed better because if Manningham and Crabtree were truly ready to go, I'd surely trade Williams to a willing team for a 7th round pick.

Marlon Moore is also definitely gone.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
hopes: kyle williams, nate stupar, ventrone, nnamdi

realistic: osgood, dobbs, nnamdi or cox, stupar

I must say that I do notice Ventrone on ST. He looks like he belongs if we IN FACT NEED his punt protection and ST ace
What would we do with Patton? We almost have to cut either Baldwin or Williams on top of cutting Moore
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Osgood for manningham
Moore for Crabtree
Marecic for Dial or Tank
last one I dunno

Originally posted by Janitor:
Osgood for manningham
Moore for Crabtree
Marecic for Dial or Tank
last one I dunno

I think we already cut Marecic
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Osgood for manningham
Moore for Crabtree
Marecic for Dial or Tank
last one I dunno

I think we already cut Marecic

Already cut. I think Osgood stays because of his ST ability. Our ST was as much a part of last weeks win as the defense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If McDonald goes to IR, this is what I'd do:

Carradine to replace McDonald
Manningham to replace Moore (cut)
Dial to replace Asomugha (cut) -- I see it as a possible Braylon Edwards type thing. He got hurt early in the season, got replaced, and that was it.
edwards did have a s**tty attitude.. actually i have changed my mind a bit. i think i would keep asom. i think when wright can play he and cox will do well for us but you can never have enough corners and as you know, we do tend to get hurt alot this year. again, i can see both sides of the coin for cutting or keeping asom.
RAY MCDONALD IS FINE!!!! YAY!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Already cut. I think Osgood stays because of his ST ability. Our ST was as much a part of last weeks win as the defense.

good god, this is the truth rat. i do not like to see fans wanting to all of a sudden get rid of special teams guys now that we finally are good again in special teams. that makes no sense,, rat is right. anyone who saw that game has to be thrilled with every single phase of special teams. you do not want to start chopping those guys
Share 49ersWebzone