• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Hopefully Nnamdi.

again,. this has alot of merit,, should wright prove himself in practice
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
49ers aren't cutting harper

agreed, plus we gave him a $203K guarantee this year.

I don't think it's that cut and dry. We could certainly keep him, it was just a guess on my part. But I don't see us cutting someone who has a role on gamedays in favor of keeping a guy who will be a 16-game healthy scratch. As many as 6 or 7 players will be cut. Harper IMO is one of those bottom 6 or 7 on the bubble. Money is always a factor, but 203K is peanuts. We're paying Aldon millions of dollars to stay away. 203K is not a problem.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
6 cuts have to be made if everyone returns (Crab, Mario, Tank, Dial, Wright, Aldon). Here's my prediction:

First guys to go:

Jermaine Cunningham
Daryl Morris
Nate Stupar

Next up:

Marlon Moore
DeMarcus Dobbs
Chris Harper

Notes:

- I don't see the Niners cutting Kyle Williams. Moore and Harper go to make room for Crab and Mario. Try to stash Harper on the PS.
- Tony Jerod-Eddie is a big body with potential. DL depth is needed with so many guys banged up. He stays.
- Osgood and Ventrone stay, too valuable on special teams.

We are not cutting Harper.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
We are not cutting Harper.

I'm sure Seahawks fans were saying the same thing when they took him in the 4th round. You never know.
Stupar for Moody
Dobbs for Tank
TJE for Dial
Moore for Mario
Williams for Crabs (Please happen, Kyle is horrible)
Morris for Wright
Cunningham for Aldon, if he comes back at all.

We wont go 2 QBs, too risky.
This seems very sound. Just gotta ask if you think there is any chance if Wright looks good and Brock keeps balling that they cut Nnamdi? I also think two of the first cuts will be Cunningham for anyone then Moore. Also got a feeling one of these guys is going to end up not being brought up to the 53 man and put on IR instead after the 21 day window.
It doesn't have to be position for position but I'll do it that way since it's easiest.

Moore - When Manningham comes back. Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin, Williams, Harper

Morris - When Wright comes back. Could go with 6: Brown, Rogers, Brock, Wright, Cox, Nnamdi. Depending on how Wright does Nnamdi could be gone when another player comes back.

Stupar - When Moody comes back. Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody

Osgood or Williams - When Crabtree comes back. Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin, Williams/Osgood, Harper

Dobbs and TJE - When Carradine and Dial come back (w/ McDonald in). Don't be surprised if one of those guys stays though and we pick from another position. If McDonald goes to IR TJE and Dobbs probably split the starts and rotate back and forth during the game. Maybe Carradine wins the starting role later in the season.
If McDonald goes to IR expect us to keep TJE & Dobbs even with Carradine/Dial back. Dorsey, Smith, Carradine, Dial, Dobbs, TJE
If he doesn't end up on IR McDonald, Dorsey, Smith, Carradine, Dial, TJE or Dobbs (or both and pick another position)

Cunningham - When Aldon gets back. Could be as late in the season before Aldon is back. I'd say week 10 or 11 at the earliest. Rehab plus suspension plus dealing with the legal stuff and maybe even jail.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM ]
I'd cut Jerod Eddie before Dobbs. Dobbs is solid with pass rush ability.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I understand proven WR. But those RC DL? Not sure if they can even hold up in practice.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
hopes: kyle williams, nate stupar, ventrone, nnamdi

realistic: osgood, dobbs, nnamdi or cox, stupar

The guys you list as realistic make up much of our special teams unit. The Tony Montana squad has been killing it this year.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
It doesn't have to be position for position but I'll do it that way since it's easiest.

Moore - When Manningham comes back. Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin, Williams, Harper

Morris - When Wright comes back. Could go with 6: Brown, Rogers, Brock, Wright, Cox, Nnamdi. Depending on how Wright does Nnamdi could be gone when another player comes back.

Stupar - When Moody comes back. Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody

Osgood or Williams - When Crabtree comes back. Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin, Williams/Osgood, Harper

Dobbs and TJE - When Carradine and Dial come back (w/ McDonald in). Don't be surprised if one of those guys stays though and we pick from another position. If McDonald goes to IR TJE and Dobbs probably split the starts and rotate back and forth during the game. Maybe Carradine wins the starting role later in the season.
If McDonald goes to IR expect us to keep TJE & Dobbs even with Carradine/Dial back. Dorsey, Smith, Carradine, Dial, Dobbs, TJE
If he doesn't end up on IR McDonald, Dorsey, Smith, Carradine, Dial, TJE or Dobbs (or both and pick another position)

Cunningham - When Aldon gets back. Could be very late in the season before Aldon is back. Rehab plus suspension plus dealing with the legal stuff and maybe even jail.

Doesn't Aldon' s voluntary rehab and missed games count for games he may be suspended?

• buck
  • Veteran
Just think of the positives.

The return of these players will provide us with multiple opportunities to defend or to criticize the team's roster moves.
Originally posted by 60sFan:

Doesn't Aldon' s voluntary rehab and missed games count for games he may be suspended?

Not sure how informed Collinsworth or Michaels are but one of them said that the league would still discipline him. I don't know if anyone is certain of it yet though. Maybe it will depend on how long he is out. If he was out a week or two they might go after him. If he's out 6 weeks maybe not. If I had to guess the league will add at least 1 game whenever he gets back with the team. They said his court date is early Nov if I remember right so who knows what will happen with the legal side of things as well. Either way with rehab I think some thought he would be back out in a week or two and I'm thinking it will be more like 4 weeks or more. One thing to think about if we leave for Tennessee two Fridays from now and Aldon isn't on the trip he won't be in London for the Jaguars either since we will fly straight there and not come home obviously. Then we have a bye. So I'd say 10 to 11 at the earliest.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 7, 2013 at 8:05 PM ]
Originally posted by blm7754:
None of those options.... hard to predict though without knowing the severity of RayMac's injury. Assuming he is ok....

Moore will get cut in favor of Manningham.

Tony Jerod Eddie will get cut in favor of Carradine.

Bubba Ventrone will get cut in favor of Dial. (don't need 5 safeties)

Namdi MIGHT get cut in favor of Wright. Wright will have to win the job. Namdi was playing fairly well before his injury. Wright will have to prove that he is an upgrade.

Ventrone wont get cut, he is a favorite of Seely, plus his deal is guaranteed.

Nnamdi probably isnt. Wright will come back for Morris. Team wont cut guaranteed salary over savings.

Makes sense. I didn't realize that Morris was on the 53 roster. He's an obvious choice to demote back to the PS.

I still think a DB will get cut in favor of keeping Dial if McDonald is ok. With two rookies coming in on the DL, I doubt we would cut Dobbs or Jerod-Eddie since those guys have experience. We are so thin on the DL and it is such a vital position group to what we do on defense. We have no need for 10 DBs.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Stupar for Moody
Dobbs for Tank
TJE for Dial
Moore for Mario
Williams for Crabs (Please happen, Kyle is horrible)
Morris for Wright
Cunningham for Aldon, if he comes back at all.

We wont go 2 QBs, too risky.

This looks about right.

I wonder if they would keep Morris over Ventrone....
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
49ers aren't cutting harper

agreed, plus we gave him a $203K guarantee this year.

I don't think it's that cut and dry. We could certainly keep him, it was just a guess on my part. But I don't see us cutting someone who has a role on gamedays in favor of keeping a guy who will be a 16-game healthy scratch. As many as 6 or 7 players will be cut. Harper IMO is one of those bottom 6 or 7 on the bubble. Money is always a factor, but 203K is peanuts. We're paying Aldon millions of dollars to stay away. 203K is not a problem.

we would have cut looney by now then......

cut celek, keep harper as well
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Oct 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone