There are 154 users in the forums

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

So far i hit the nail on the head with the cuts.

Now im gonna say, Bethel-thompson is the next to go, followed by Patton to IR when/if crabtree comes back.
So does this mean we are holding on to Dixon?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Now im gonna say, Bethel-thompson is the next to go, followed by Patton to IR when/if crabtree comes back.

Agreed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
By the way, how does a player's contract terminate when he is waived?
Lets say Nmandi signed a 1.3mil contract for 1 year. If he is waived halfway throughout the year do the 49ers still owe him the 1.3mil signed? Who he is only paid for half the year's salary?

just curious...

All veteran contracts become fully vested in the first week of the season, 49ers owe Asomugha his full amount, thus cutting him doesn't save any money. Basically, the 49ers(and the Eagles) are picking up the tab for Asomugha this season for any team that claims him on waivers.

I read of he's claimed by another team then that team pays the rest.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Agreed.

Me 2, unfortunately, . Please make Kyle Williams just go. Please
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Lets say Nmandi signed a 1.3mil contract for 1 year. If he is waived halfway throughout the year do the 49ers still owe him the 1.3mil signed? Who he is only paid for half the year's salary?

just curious...

All veteran contracts become fully vested in the first week of the season, 49ers owe Asomugha his full amount, thus cutting him doesn't save any money. Basically, the 49ers(and the Eagles) are picking up the tab for Asomugha this season for any team that claims him on waivers.

Yes. The claiming team would assume the rest of his roster bonus($50K), his incentive $425K, likely to not be earned now anyway, we saved those anyway. But we save an additional $480,000 or so with his $1M base being only 9 weeks, as the team would assume 8 weeks.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NJNiner:
So does this mean we are holding on to Dixon?

that was never a question in my opinion despite all the trade day blather on this
I think the next two cuts are Dobbs and Bethel-thompson. If Patton can come back I think they keep him. Right now we have 7 DL on the team and usually only keep 6. They have a few games to see more of Dial and Carradine before they put Crabtree back on the active roster so if they think those 2 can handle the rotation then Dobbs would be the odd man out since TJE can play all 3 DL spots. Personally I hope Kyle Williams get the ax and LMJ take his special teams duties.
Dobbs and Kyle Williams please
With Aldon back on the roster and not having to cut anyone since we had an open spot from Asomugha we just have to make 2 more cuts. One for Moody and one for Crabtree. I'm surprised Moody hasn't been activated yet because if he doesn't play in the Panthers game then we will only have 3 ILBs with Stupar gone and we would be 1 short on our ST coverage unit. Crabtree looks like it will be the Saints, Redskins or Rams game. Could depend on how we do in the Panthers game; if we lose might bring him back sooner than if we win. Ideally we'd like to wait until the Rams game but I think it could be the Saints game. Probably the second biggest game of the season next to the Seattle game and will likely impact the playoff seeding. In the division race I'm not sure we can afford to fall 2 back. Really curious to see the 2 who go especially if Patton can come back and he doesn't go to IR. Either way we are a much more talented team than when we first made our 53 man cuts. Might be more talented than we were last year and for sure 2011.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 6, 2013 at 5:29 PM ]

Originally posted by leakyfausett:
I think the next two cuts are Dobbs and Bethel-thompson. If Patton can come back I think they keep him. Right now we have 7 DL on the team and usually only keep 6. They have a few games to see more of Dial and Carradine before they put Crabtree back on the active roster so if they think those 2 can handle the rotation then Dobbs would be the odd man out since TJE can play all 3 DL spots. Personally I hope Kyle Williams get the ax and LMJ take his special teams duties.

patton's been making great strides rehabbing his busted foot. he should be ready to start practicing late november, if previous foot injuries are anything like his
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

just curious...

Yes. The claiming team would assume the rest of his roster bonus($50K), his incentive $425K, likely to not be earned now anyway, we saved those anyway. But we save an additional $480,000 or so with his $1M base being only 9 weeks, as the team would assume 8 weeks.

As always AB, thanks for ejumacating us
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

patton's been making great strides rehabbing his busted foot. he should be ready to start practicing late november, if previous foot injuries are anything like his

Linky?

If so, that is great news

I'd love to see him play this year again. Don't care about McBlt -- he'll make the practice squad even this late in the season
@MaioccoCSN Jim Harbaugh said he expects rookie WR Quinton Patton (fractured right foot) to play again this season. The boot came off this week.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
@MaioccoCSN Jim Harbaugh said he expects rookie WR Quinton Patton (fractured right foot) to play again this season. The boot came off this week.

Cool, as we have learned the last two seasons, it is better to have too many WRs going into the playoffs than too few

I don't mind cutting McBlt to make room for Patton if it comes to that. He'll go to the PS
Share 49ersWebzone