There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Originally posted by 9erReign:
Crabs may not be back this year.

But for PUP he has until week 11 to start practicing. Then 3 weeks after he has to be activated or IR. So he can be out till week 14.

He'll definitely be back.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Im totally lost actually. Thats all I'm sure of.

Okay let me try and make it clear for you.

Moore(cut) = open spot #1
Stupar(cut) = open spot #2
Aldon(activated) = not counted on 53 man roster until next Wednesday.

Available Players to fill those two spots: Manningham, Wright, Moody

We have 52 total players on the roster as of right now, we can still activate two more players to fill those open spots and go to a 54 man roster, its okay because Aldon is the 54th man exemption spot that doesn't count on the 53 man limit. So up until Wednesday, we can have 54 players on the roster then on Wednesday we have to release a player to come down to the 53 man limit.
Hope that helps!
Originally posted by ninergold:
I wish someone's secondary had been devastated and we could have traded Nnamdi for a late pick.

i don't think anyone will take him.. but lets trade him before he joins seattle..
They're all back. Just waiting on Crabtree now.
Nnamdi is gone
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Nnamdi is gone

I'm not too excited about this. Nnambi had size and could play against more physical WR's. Nnambi played better at the beginning of the season than the existing CBs and lost favor when he was hurt. Maybe Brown and Brock will play lights out from here on out. I thought Ventrone or Dahl would get the ax before Nnambi.
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Nnamdi is gone

I'm not too excited about this. Nnambi had size and could play against more physical WR's. Nnambi played better at the beginning of the season than the existing CBs and lost favor when he was hurt. Maybe Brown and Brock will play lights out from here on out. I thought Ventrone or Dahl would get the ax before Nnambi.

He had a shoulder injury, so it could very well be that they feel they couldn't wait it out for him to be 100%. We are already half way through the season.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM ]
Wonder who is next as Crabs is expected in the next few weeks?
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Im totally lost actually. Thats all I'm sure of.

Okay let me try and make it clear for you.

Moore(cut) = open spot #1
Stupar(cut) = open spot #2
Aldon(activated) = not counted on 53 man roster until next Wednesday.

Available Players to fill those two spots: Manningham, Wright, Moody

We have 52 total players on the roster as of right now, we can still activate two more players to fill those open spots and go to a 54 man roster, its okay because Aldon is the 54th man exemption spot that doesn't count on the 53 man limit. So up until Wednesday, we can have 54 players on the roster then on Wednesday we have to release a player to come down to the 53 man limit.
Hope that helps!

you are a gentleman and a scholar,

...but should I believe you?
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Nnamdi is gone

I'm not too excited about this. Nnambi had size and could play against more physical WR's. Nnambi played better at the beginning of the season than the existing CBs and lost favor when he was hurt. Maybe Brown and Brock will play lights out from here on out. I thought Ventrone or Dahl would get the ax before Nnambi.

I agree. He missed a few tackles early in the year but I thought he was playing pretty good.
manningham and wright activated
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Nnamdi is gone

I'm not too excited about this. Nnambi had size and could play against more physical WR's. Nnambi played better at the beginning of the season than the existing CBs and lost favor when he was hurt. Maybe Brown and Brock will play lights out from here on out. I thought Ventrone or Dahl would get the ax before Nnambi.

I agree. He missed a few tackles early in the year but I thought he was playing pretty good.

I think the reason nnamdi was cut instead of someone like Dahl is cause Dahl and ventrone are key on special teams and could back up. Nnamdi was a one trick pony. I do like nnamdi alot though. Lets just
Hope no injuries happen to our DBs
So Manningham and Wright are back and since we didn't have to cut anyone yet we cut Asomugha that will leave an open spot for Aldon when his roster exemption is up on Wednesday. So Aldon can come back Wednesday without cutting anyone.

We just have Moody and Crabtree left.

Candidates to get cut for them:
Kyle Williams, Quinton Patton to IR, Jon Baldwin, Demarcus Dobbs, Tony Jerod-Eddie, McLeod Bethel-Thompson

Most Likely 2:
1. Quinton Patton to IR OR Kyle Williams. This one is hard to say. If Patton can come back and they think it won't do further damage to his foot then he'll be back imo and Williams will be cut. If they don't think he can come back then I'd put him on IR. Baldwin/Williams become the #4 WR and the loser is inactive with Osgood being the #5 and active for ST. Won't rule out that both of these happen although unlikely as that leaves us with 4 WR's plus Osgood for ST. Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin, Osgood.

2. Dobbs OR TJE. I'd say Dobbs since he is a FA after this season and won't likely be back. Plus TJE is signed through next year and can play DE or NT.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM ]
really hope its dobbs and williams
Originally posted by Gore_21:
So Manningham and Wright are back and since we didn't have to cut anyone yet we cut Asomugha that will leave an open spot for Aldon when his roster exemption is up on Wednesday. So Aldon can come back Wednesday without cutting anyone.

We just have Moody and Crabtree left.

Candidates to get cut for them:
Kyle Williams, Quinton Patton to IR, Jon Baldwin, Demarcus Dobbs, Tony Jerod-Eddie, McLeod Bethel-Thompson

Most Likely 2:
1. Quinton Patton to IR OR Kyle Williams
2. Dobbs OR TJE. I'd say Dobbs since he is a FA after this season and won't be back imo. Plus TJE is signed through next year and can play DE or NT.

pretty much.

Dont see Baldwin cut, wouldn't save any money, unless someone claims him, and that's not a guarantee with 1 yr left.

We will know more on Patton soon I hope.

So down to Kyle, Bethel-Thomspon, or IR Patton for Crabs
and Dobbs orTJE for Moody

Those are my opinions though.
...