Tank Carradine in--LB Jermaine Cunningham--gone

Aldon Smith in--WR Marlon Moore--gone

Still waiting on moves for:

1.Wright
2. Manningham
3. Crabtree
4, Moody
5. Patton

Pretty sure Patton is still on the 53 man.
Who's next? Patton to IR or maybe Dobbs or Nhamdi?
Looks like Wright, Manningham, and Moody will be back next. I see Stupar,Dobbs and Nhamdi as the next three gone.
[ Edited by leakyfausett on Oct 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Yes. He is but there are rumors that he might go on IR. That is why I have him on the list.
Originally posted by buck:

Yes. He is but there are rumors that he might go on IR. That is why I have him on the list.

Have yet to read any articles mentioning Patton to IR?

But that is the other direction. So then you should have Dobbs, Stupar, Nnamdi, etc on the list too. Makes more sense to just list the people who need to come back onto the 53 man.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/six-players-due-back-49ers-must-create-roster-spaces
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

I am pretty sure that I have.
  • buck
  • Veteran
But that is the other direction. So then you should have Dobbs, Stupar, Nnamdi, etc on the list too. Makes more sense to just list the people who need to come back onto the 53 man.

It seemed logical to me, but then....
I think I'll stop predicting been wrong on both. I'm surprised Aldon is active this early but I guess nobody knew he had to be or be out the season. Doesn't mean he will play this game though. I'm guessing the league is waiting to suspend him until after the court stuff is settled. Otherwise, now would have been the time and he would have probably got 2 games, 1 if lucky. Should be seeing Manningham and Wright by Monday though. Maybe Moody, Crabtree again I think the Monday or Tuesday after the Panthers game at the earliest.
Just found this on Maiocco's twitter:

RT @KehlerXpress Will Manningham be activated in next few days? > Mario Manningham and CB Eric Wright will both be activated before Tuesday.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
So evidently Moore = Aldon Smith

Right now we have 24 on offense and 26 on defense, including seven d-linemen. It looks to me like Manningham = Dobbs or TJE

I read Aldon was a roster exception for a brief time only, then he had to be put on the roster because they had no other choice due to being out of rehab.
[ Edited by robniner on Oct 31, 2013 at 7:56 PM ]
I know we usually keep 3 QBs, but I wouldn't mind if we cut MBT to open up another roster spot and put Patton on IR to open up two spots for Manningham and Wright, and not cut anybody else. Our roster is deep and would like to keep all the talented players we already have.
Some of you want Nhamdi Asomugha to get cut but personally I want him to stay, yes I understand that were going to have 7 cbs on the roster but accidents happens and injuries is just one snap away from happening. Just in case one of our top corners go down with an injury, at least we have a proven veteran to step up and not miss a beat. We have Wright but none of us seen him play yet this season. Nhamdi's contract is pretty cheap too this year and we can afford to pay him, most of his money on this years contract is incentive based compensation, so if he doesn't see the field he won't get paid more money.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
I know we usually keep 3 QBs, but I wouldn't mind if we cut MBT to open up another roster spot and put Patton on IR to open up two spots for Manningham and Wright, and not cut anybody else. Our roster is deep and would like to keep all the talented players we already have.
Some of you want Nhamdi Asomugha to get cut but personally I want him to stay, yes I understand that were going to have 7 cbs on the roster but accidents happens and injuries is just one snap away from happening. Just in case one of our top corners go down with an injury, at least we have a proven veteran to step up and not miss a beat. We have Wright but none of us seen him play yet this season. Nhamdi's contract is pretty cheap too this year and we can afford to pay him, most of his money on this years contract is incentive based compensation, so if he doesn't see the field he won't get paid more money.

Just not sure we will keep 7 cbs. That's the thing... if he was #6 and Morris never came along I'd say it would be more likely. Not saying we can't though and I wouldn't have anything against it either. As for the DL maybe Dobbs and TJE both stay and we go somewhere else for cuts. McDonald, Dorsey, Smith, Carradine, Dial, TJE, Dobbs. That's still only 7 DL... seems like a lot but that's because we were down to 5 at one point and hardly holding on looking at 4 with McDonald or Dorsey potentially out.

Edit: As for how much Asomugha has earned so far:

4/2/2013: Signed a one-year, $1.325 million contract. The deal contains a $25,000 workout bonus. Another $1.65 million is available through incentives, although $1.225 million are considered "unlikely to be earned." 2013: $1 million (+ $225,000 roster bonus + $100,000 in per-game roster bonuses)

So sounds like he won't earn those 1.65 mil extra unless he had like pro bowl numbers or something like that. He has earned 500 k in base salary (1 mil/half 8 games) plus 225k roster bonus is 775k.... plus 50k in roster bonuses since still on the team 8 games in. So that's 825k. plus workout bonus is 850k total.

Means he could earn about 550k more although that adds to 1.4 million im off 75k. Either way sounds like we could save about 500k if we cut him although not sure we need it as we aren't likely to add any new players from here on out.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 31, 2013 at 11:10 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Just found this on Maiocco's twitter:

RT @KehlerXpress Will Manningham be activated in next few days? > Mario Manningham and CB Eric Wright will both be activated before Tuesday.

Can't wait to get all our reinforcements back. We're going to be at full strength for the first time all season heading into the second half.