There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

  • Walsh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 294
All you guys trading Williams, does that make Dixon the returner for the rest of the season? or LMJ some days? I was hoping WIlliams would turn it around on KR but guess not so much...
My vote in replacing those players in parallel would be replace Namdi with Wright, Williams with Manningham, Dobbs with Dial, and LB Cunningham with Carradine. I think with an above average performance by jerod-eddie and with a weakness in the D-line, I think we keep him, but just my two cents, lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,196
Originally posted by niteshade80:
My vote in replacing those players in parallel would be replace Namdi with Wright, Williams with Manningham, Dobbs with Dial, and LB Cunningham with Carradine. I think with an above average performance by jerod-eddie and with a weakness in the D-line, I think we keep him, but just my two cents, lol

TJE can play NT and DT which trumps Dobbs "ability" to play TE and in all honesty when was the last time you saw Dobbs on offense?
Originally posted by sfout:
TJE can play NT and DT which trumps Dobbs "ability" to play TE and in all honesty when was the last time you saw Dobbs on offense?

Plus he is signed through 2014 for cheap so that might factor in where Dobbs is a FA after this year and not likely back.

Anyways, with the trade deadline over we now have this to look forward too. Kind of wonder if we start activating guys this week or next Monday when everyone comes back to practice. Will be interesting to start seeing the cuts happen.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Osgood has played a key role in our ST improving from last year. Itll be Dobbs, Cox, Stupar, and Nnamdi.

No way Kyle Williams gets cut. We have no idea how Manningham will look coming back, or how Crabtree will be. Achilles tears usually take a full year+ to get back to 100%. Crabtree may be able to play in late Nov, but he probably wont be pro bowl caliber again until next season. Williams plays too many roles that were weak in. With James in the doghouse, and Cox getting cut, we wont have many PR options either.

So you'd keep Moore over cox?


Not sure if you noticed, but Perrish Cox is HORRIBLE.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,034
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Osgood has played a key role in our ST improving from last year. Itll be Dobbs, Cox, Stupar, and Nnamdi.

No way Kyle Williams gets cut. We have no idea how Manningham will look coming back, or how Crabtree will be. Achilles tears usually take a full year+ to get back to 100%. Crabtree may be able to play in late Nov, but he probably wont be pro bowl caliber again until next season. Williams plays too many roles that were weak in. With James in the doghouse, and Cox getting cut, we wont have many PR options either.

So you'd keep Moore over cox?


Not sure if you noticed, but Perrish Cox is HORRIBLE.

Did you notice Moore as something better than Horrible?
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Osgood has played a key role in our ST improving from last year. Itll be Dobbs, Cox, Stupar, and Nnamdi.

No way Kyle Williams gets cut. We have no idea how Manningham will look coming back, or how Crabtree will be. Achilles tears usually take a full year+ to get back to 100%. Crabtree may be able to play in late Nov, but he probably wont be pro bowl caliber again until next season. Williams plays too many roles that were weak in. With James in the doghouse, and Cox getting cut, we wont have many PR options either.

So you'd keep Moore over cox?


Not sure if you noticed, but Perrish Cox is HORRIBLE.

Did you notice Moore as something better than Horrible?

atleast cox can be a return man, moore has been completely useless
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,196
In a corresponding move, the 49ers released linebacker Jermaine Cunningham to make room for Carradine on the 53-man roster. Cunningham was signed by the team on Oct. 1.

from the PR about activating Tank.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
atleast cox can be a return man, moore has been completely useless

No argument there.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,259
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
atleast cox can be a return man, moore has been completely useless

No argument there.

cox is also very very good on special teams. he is a fourth corner at best so what do you expect. his value is on returns. something is really really wrong if kyle williams is still our return man when we play the panthers
Rogers
Brown
Wright
Brock
Nmandi
Moore
Cox

is a good set of CB's problem is the worth outside their roles
  • Tman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,189
Marlon Moore
Originally posted by Tman:
Marlon Moore

Marlon Moore waived....
http://49rs.me/1hurVkf
Carradine = Cunningham
Marlon Moore = Mario Manningham?

I would think Wright would be next. Dial, Carradine, Manningham so far.... Wright and Moody by Monday would be my guess. Then some time after the Panthers game maybe Crabtree and Aldon. Hopefully both are back by the Saints game, Redskins at the latest.

Seems like the 4 cuts will between: Asomugha, Stupar, Williams, Dobbs/TJE, Baldwin and McLeod Bethel-Thompson.

TJE or Dobbs might keep their job until they feel comfortable with Tank and Dial. Asomugha seems to be the odd man out with Wright. Doesn't seem likely we'd keep 7 CBs. Man has this roster changed a ton from the final 53 after cut day.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Carradine = Cunningham
Marlon Moore = Mario Manningham?

I would think Wright would be next. Dial, Carradine, Manningham so far.... Wright and Moody by Monday would be my guess. Then some time after the Panthers game maybe Crabtree and Aldon. Hopefully both are back by the Saints game, Redskins at the latest.

You may be right we dont have to activate a player who plays the same position as the one we cut.