LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
I'm really hoping Wright can play at thee em be did in Tampa that earned him a huge contract. Coaches saw enough out of him to try trading for him earlier and until Brock started playing as well as he has, we really needed help in the secondary. So if he does play at that level, who would be start over? Rodgers?

i dont think he starts at all, just more depth

Correction, he will not start. At all.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
IMO I think these players get the axe:

Nate Stupar
DeMarcus Dobbs
Marlon Moore and I hope Kyle Williams
Ross Ventrone

Darryl Morris will not be cut, hes been an outstanding ST player. And I think we should keep an eye out for a trade, they can get rid of players that way too. Oh and I think Joe Looney should get the axe, Adam Snyder and Daniel Kilgore have been very solid back ups. Both can also play Center.
Manningham=Williams
Carradine=Dobbs
Aldon Smith=Cunningham
Wright=Asomaugha
Moody=Stupar
Crabtree=Moore

doesnt this make more sense?
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
I'm really hoping Wright can play at thee em be did in Tampa that earned him a huge contract. Coaches saw enough out of him to try trading for him earlier and until Brock started playing as well as he has, we really needed help in the secondary. So if he does play at that level, who would be start over? Rodgers?

i dont think he starts at all, just more depth

Correction, he will not start. At all.

I don't understand. If he plays at the level he did before, he would be the best cornerback on the team. Why would you not start your best cornerback?
I don't understand. If he plays at the level he did before, he would be the best cornerback on the team. Why would you not start your best cornerback?
He will compete for a starting position next year. He didnt have a great year in Tampa last year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Nate Stupar
DeMarcus Dobbs
Ross Ventrone

Darryl Morris will not be cut, hes been an outstanding ST player. And I think we should keep an eye out for a trade, they can get rid of players that way too. Oh and I think Joe Looney should get the axe, Adam Snyder and Daniel Kilgore have been very solid back ups. Both can also play Center.
Manningham=Williams
Carradine=Dobbs
Aldon Smith=Cunningham
Wright=Asomaugha
Moody=Stupar
Crabtree=Moore

I just don't think Nnamdi Asomugha will be released during the season and there's not really any guarantees Carradine and Crabtree come back. Also no telling when Aldon Smith comes back, we all have our hopes up but I'm not buying into any reports by the media including Maiacco's reports.
The way it looks, Ventrone stays everyone. If no trades happen this is how it BETTER look.

MM- Williams
Moody- Stupar
Aldon- Cunningham
Crabs- Moore
Wright- Nnamdi
Tank - can't decide between Jerod-Eddie and Dobbs.

I can see Bethel-Thompson going over Stupar. But idk, Moody has a future here.

Also dont expect Dixon, Morris, Ventrone(Like said), Osgood, Skuta, etc.. to be cut, all too valuable. Same for Baldwin, the team wont cut him and lose salary.

Nate Stupar
DeMarcus Dobbs
Ross Ventrone

Manningham=Williams
Carradine=Dobbs
Aldon Smith=Cunningham
Wright=Asomaugha
Moody=Stupar
Crabtree=Moore

I just don't think Nnamdi Asomugha will be released during the season and there's not really any guarantees Carradine and Crabtree come back. Also no telling when Aldon Smith comes back, we all have our hopes up but I'm not buying into any reports by the media including Maiacco's reports.

Nnamdi isn't even active on game days, why not cut/trade him and replace him with Wright?
And those moves only correspond if they needed to be added to the active roster.
[ Edited by NinerFan408 on Oct 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
The way it looks, Ventrone stays everyone. If no trades happen this is how it BETTER look.

MM- Williams
Moody- Stupar
Aldon- Cunningham
Crabs- Moore
Wright- Nnamdi

Also dont expect Dixon, Morris, Ventrone(Like said), Osgood, Skuta, etc.. to be cut, all too valuable. Same for Baldwin, the team wont cut him and lose salary.

you and I are in complete agreement on the moves.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

MM- Williams
Moody- Stupar
Aldon- Cunningham
Crabs- Moore
Wright- Nnamdi

You might not need to choose between Jerod-Eddie and Dobbs if we IR Patton
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Oct 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM ]
I really hope we keep nnamdi and use him as a cover corner on opposing teams taller faster tight ends similar to how talib was used against jimmy graham due to his size and press coverage skills.

i wish we could just cut kyle williams six times
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i wish we could just cut kyle williams six times

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Why would they wait so long to IR Patton?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Why would they wait so long to IR Patton?

Just in case Manningham or Crabtree had a set-back in rehab
Maiocco or Barrows said that Patton will be a candidate for IR to create a roster spot. Also it seems Stupar has been okay on ST's, any chance they just place Moody on IR? I recall Moody looking pretty good in the first game though.
Share 49ersWebzone