LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

So when the 4 come off of IR, who will be gone from the 53 man roster. Obviously there is a lot of combinations, which one will it be??

My vote is

qb Colt Mccoy gets cut favoring John Skelton. Skelton is back up. No 3rd qb.

Dobbs is cut, he is the weak link on the OL

Nhamdi is cut, Brock is the #3, Wright #4. Cox #5

Celek is a JAG, just another guy. The team goes to jumbo package when they need a blocker. Celek is out.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
So when the 4 come off of IR, who will be gone from the 53 man roster. Obviously there is a lot of combinations, which one will it be??

My vote is

qb Colt Mccoy gets cut favoring John Skelton. Skelton is back up. No 3rd qb.

Dobbs is cut, he is the weak link on the OL

Nhamdi is cut, Brock is the #3, Wright #4. Cox #5

Celek is a JAG, just another guy. The team goes to jumbo package when they need a blocker. Celek is out.

why didn't they realize this when they cut marquis gray?
dude you have the option of posting up to 20 choices in a poll, might as well have given each roster move its own choice rather than lump them together in scenarios which we all know with baalke is likely not to happen
all those that were bubble players going into the season....but yeah i hope they get rid of McCoy.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
dude you have the option of posting up to 20 choices in a poll, might as well have given each roster move its own choice rather than lump them together in scenarios which we all know with baalke is likely not to happen

The issue is I did not want to clutter up the board with separate posts, and you can only click one for a survey, and unfortunately I do not have the time to do it properly. My point of the thread probably was that two of the FA aquisitions who where supposed to bolster depth, Colt and Nhamdi, could both potentially be cut.

I also think that old favorites of zoners like Dobbs will also be gone.
They aren't gonna cut Colt McCoy. Skeleton doesn't know the playbook yet. Why do you guys think the coaching staff hates him so much?
Adios Kyle Williams, adios Marlon Moore, adios Namdee Awesumwahh, adios Dobbs
Originally posted by NickSh49:
They aren't gonna cut Colt McCoy. Skeleton doesn't know the playbook yet. Why do you guys think the coaching staff hates him so much?

Cus he sucks
hopes: kyle williams, nate stupar, ventrone, nnamdi

realistic: osgood, dobbs, nnamdi or cox, stupar
We are not going to cut our only Qb besides Kap that knows the playbook. I'd say ventrone, Dobbs, osgood
[ Edited by phatbutskinny on Oct 7, 2013 at 2:44 PM ]

mcdonald is going on IR? there was an update already?
This to me is a really tough question to answer. I don't think they cut McCoy, he's the only backup QB that knows the playbook & I doubt that Harbaugh would want to go with only 2 QBs. You can say the ST guys like Ventrone, Osgood etc but look at how good our ST has been lately and how bad they were last year, I doubt the coaching staff forgot that.

I say Stupar is a good pick since Willis will be back next week likely and Wilholte has played so well. Marlon Moore who has done absolutely nothing this season is another good bet. Dobbs is probably another good bet considering that he doesn't play TE anymore and he's clearly the worst DL we have. That's only 3, we're not cutting Kyle Williams either, he's our PR and like it or not, a WR that's in the rotation now. The 4th choice is tough.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
hopes: kyle williams, nate stupar, ventrone, nnamdi

realistic: osgood, dobbs, nnamdi or cox, stupar

Osgood actually has st value unlike moore.
just b/c Wright will be healthy doesn't mean he will earn a spot on the 53.
Moore almost has to be cut. I mean, he's like 100% certain to be gone.
Share 49ersWebzone