There are 282 users in the forums

Reinforcements are coming for the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman4m
#49ers Michael Crabtree on practice field doing individual conditioning jumps right now, so he indeed may be on track for mid-Nov comeback

holy
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman4m
#49ers Michael Crabtree on practice field doing individual conditioning jumps right now, so he indeed may be on track for mid-Nov comeback

holy

MB and MM both reported that he looks surprisingly spry for a guy who is 5 months removed from a ruptured achilles. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman4m

holy

MB and MM both reported that he looks surprisingly spry for a guy who is 5 months removed from a ruptured achilles. I will keep my fingers crossed.

well he's slated to come back in november right? so no need to rush him too soon
Originally posted by cciowa:
gordon is not worth the gamble. we can hold things together till mario comes back. in regards to the other guys coming back, its great news,earlier in the day i was clamoring for the team to sign a d linemen but with this news i think we can just hold things together with bubble gum and string this weekend vs the cards then get two guys back for next week. if we beat a good team like the texans with their weapons, sans quarterback,, with the guys we have on defense, we certainly should be able to do it to the cards... gordon is a bubbling pot on the stove and the niners do not want to be near him when he explodes in my opinion

Are you confident though that Manningham (Crabtree as well) will be back to form, or even close to it, following that very serious knee injury.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Not a 2nd.

We can get a very good WR w/ a 2nd who isn't a powder keg.

I agree a 2nd is too much given the character risk, but I don't trust our FO's ability to spot WR talent in the draft either. Only proven player we drafted was Crab and that was a no brainer. Not complaining because they've been great drafting elsewhere, but we're better off trading for proven players, or signing them through FA given our WR draft record.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM ]
He is worth a late second IMO. which is what the second we give up will be.

Crabtree, Gordon, Patton, Baldwin for 2014 doesnt sound bad at all. Draft a fifth WR in the mid to late rounds to compliment those guys. I would personally bring Boldin back at the right price, but not likely the price will be right.
We can either use that second and gamble in the draft or put that second towards a known quantity. At THIS very moment I would go with the known quantity considering our current wide out situation. Everyone is talking about Manningham and crab coming back and that's great and all but who knows how they'll play. Not everyone is Adrian get injured, comeback and break records, Peterson. If crabs andal Manningham aren't 100% then what?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Crabtree, Gordon, Patton, Baldwin for 2014 doesnt sound bad at all. Draft a fifth WR in the mid to late rounds to compliment those guys. I would personally bring Boldin back at the right price, but not likely the price will be right.

what about Mario?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

what about Mario?

Hes a FA after this season. I wouldnt resign.
Gordan would put us over the top.

But we would have too many WR's come NOV/DEC

Crabs, Boldin, Mario, Baldwin, Patton, Williams

Cut Baldwin or Williams
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Cut Baldwin or Williams

Baldwin has way more value than Williams does. Its not even close
Too many recievers? Lol. This team can't get enough.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Too many recievers? Lol. This team can't get enough.

you seem to forget our #1 and #2 receivers are coming back from injuries
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
agreed. Now you have joined the dark side, lol. Haralson and Cam were expendable.

ha,, true,, actually i never b***hed about cam at all,, hell i never saw him play in a regular season game so his small body of work in the pre season vs guys who are now cleaning toilets at tinker toy tech did nothing for me. i slit my wrists for two days about haralson and then got over it. the way our three guys in Michael W, Dan S and the lemon man have played, makes it easier to get over it
Share 49ersWebzone