Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
3rd, 7th + Kyle Williams lol

Or this.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
kyle williams, moore and a 3rd. addition by subtraction lol

• mayo49
  • Veteran
As long as Cleveland continues to win they're not going to trade away their best receiver.
Originally posted by mayo49:
As long as Cleveland continues to win they're not going to trade away their best receiver.

I think management sees the writing on the wall with Weeden, they aren't going anywhere with him at QB, additionally, the bigger issue that if/when Gordon f**ks up again, its going to hurt the team a lot, that is why Banner and Lombardi don't want to build around him. Lombardi reportedly called Gordon "a waste" of a 2nd round pick early on when he first got hired there. I think management really wants to get rid of the guy but want to receive enough compensation to help them save face and spin it as a good thing with the fan base.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
A third rounder for Gordon would be amazing but the Browns seem pretty insistent on a second and I'm cool with that as well as long as it's not a first.

A Boldin, Crabtree, Gordon, Manningham, Patton, and Baldwin receiving core going into the playoffs would just be golden
It would, but seriously think about how overkill that would be. You're not even including Vernon Davis in that list! If the 49ers were to trade for Gordon, one of Gordon/Crabtree/Boldin would be relegated to limited duty by the end of the season. If you give up a 2nd/3rd for Gordon, you're only really receiving maximum value on that trade for a handful of weeks.

This is why I think giving up a high-ish pick for Gordon would be a mistake, and this is why I don't think they are pulling the trigger on it. In a vaccuum, sure, trading for Gordon seems to make a lot of sense. But when you factor in what we'd give up and the fact that you only have so many passes to go around, I think he wouldn't be as big of a boon as people make it out to be.

The only way Crab/Boldin/Gordon would all be on the field at the same time is if we got rid of a fullback or took Davis off the field. That doesn't really jive with our run-first offensive mindset.

Honestly, I do think there is such thing as "too much talent" -- at least when you're dealing with finite resources (only so many players on the field at once, only so many draft picks, etc...)
[ Edited by theduke85 on Oct 7, 2013 at 4:31 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Dial 350 lbs..........will play NT, RDE and LDE.........at the same time!! Dude got huge!!
Dial is up to 350 lbs!?!?! That means he must have packed on 40+ lbs of weight since the combine. Dude is on the McDonalds diet lol.
Gordon? Who's to say we'd even throw him a ball or design a play for him where he is the primary target? We had what, 2 plays for Baldwin last game...same this game? Yup 4 targets, 2 catches. The guy is a good WR and it's taken us forever to get the guy a single look. Now if we got him, I'd like Baldwin to learn behind Boldin for down the road and Gordon out at the X and Manningham/Patton/Williams in the slot but again, the bigger question is, would we even use him? Last year Moss was our X decoy. We thought Moore would be that this year b/c of his speed. Instead Williams has been the primary X. Would he be good insurance if Crabtree bolted? Yes...if that is an option in this trade, What's his current contract AB?
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Dial is up to 350 lbs!?!?! That means he must have packed on 40+ lbs of weight since the combine. Dude is on the McDonalds diet lol.

He's on that Dreamer bulk time.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM ]

Totally, I had him slated at LDE behind McDonald (seemed ideal...long arms, tall, low 300's, etc.)...man, maybe that poster was right that when Ian Williams went down, Dial just ATE HIM! Welcome new NT!
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 7, 2013 at 4:44 PM ]

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He's on that Dreamer bulk time.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Totally, I had him slated at LDE behind McDonald (seemed ideal...long arms, tall, low 300's, etc.)...man, maybe that poster was right that when Ian Williams went down, Dial just ATE HIM! Welcome new NT!

Gordon? Who's to say we'd even throw him a ball or design a play for him where he is the primary target? We had what, 2 plays for Baldwin last game...same this game? Yup 4 targets, 2 catches. The guy is a good WR and it's taken us forever to get the guy a single look. Now if we got him, I'd like Baldwin to learn behind Boldin for down the road and Gordon out at the X and Manningham/Patton/Williams in the slot but again, the bigger question is, would we even use him? Last year Moss was our X decoy. We thought Moore would be that this year b/c of his speed. Instead Williams has been the primary X. Would he be good insurance if Crabtree bolted? Yes...if that is an option in this trade, What's his current contract AB?

http://www.overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Josh%20Gordon&Position=WR&Team=Browns

2013- Scheduled $632,802 base, but would be at most $446,689 for us.
2014- $825,604 base and $50k workout bonus
2015- $1,068,406 base, and $50K workout bonus
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

http://www.overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Josh%20Gordon&Position=WR&Team=Browns

2013- Scheduled $632,802 base, but would be at most $446,689 for us.
2014- $825,604 base and $50k workout bonus
2015- $1,068,406 base, and $50K workout bonus

You're amazing AB! Seriously...sign this man now!
Not a 2nd.

We can get a very good WR w/ a 2nd who isn't a powder keg.
You're amazing AB! Seriously...sign this man now!

You're convinced he isn't going to get suspended again, or do you think it's worth the gamble?
Share 49ersWebzone