There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Reinforcements are coming for the 49ers

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Any word on McDonald's bicep?
Originally posted by real9erfan:
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/1304/a-josh-gordon-trade-on-horizon

Speaking of receivers, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the 49ers have talked to the Cleveland Browns about receiver Josh Gordon. He'd likely cost, at least, a second-round pick. If the Chiefs win three more games, a third-round pick will turn into a second rounder as part of the Alex Smith trade. Thus, the 49ers may have two second rounders.

Baalke needs to pull the trigger and go for it. Our WR core is in shambles, Kap desperately needs another weapon to get our passing attack going, and even with Manningham and Crabtree eventually coming back, it's not guaranteed that they'd be playing or producing at 100% when they do return anyway. Josh Gordon is young, healthy, still on a rookie contract so he'd be cheap, and I feel much better spending a 2nd rounder on a guy who is GOOD, can come in right away and produce, and has proven he can play at NFL level. He does have so questionable character issues but we have plenty of vets like Anquan and Vernon that can hopefully steer him in the right direction. Green light, go for it!!!
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Oct 7, 2013 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

Nope -- not at news conference time. The MRI is done. The report wasn't in yet.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/1304/a-josh-gordon-trade-on-horizon

Speaking of receivers, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the 49ers have talked to the Cleveland Browns about receiver Josh Gordon. He'd likely cost, at least, a second-round pick. If the Chiefs win three more games, a third-round pick will turn into a second rounder as part of the Alex Smith trade. Thus, the 49ers may have two second rounders.

Baalke needs to pull the trigger and go for it. Our WR core is in shambles, Kap desperately needs another weapon to get our passing attack going, and even with Manningham and Crabtree eventually coming back, it's not guaranteed that they'd be playing or producing at 100% when they do return anyway. Josh Gordon is young, healthy, still on a rookie contract so he'd be cheap, and I feel much better spending a 2nd rounder on a guy who is GOOD, can come in right away and produce, and has proven he can play at NFL level. He does have so questionable character issues but we have plenty of vets like Anquan and Vernon that can hopefully steer him in the right direction. Green light, go for it!!!
if its for our third im down. gordon is good, manningham will be back next week, possibly for arizona and crabs is coming back soon but we cant have enough good receivers. crabs, boldin, gordon, manningham, patton and baldwin sounds like a great recieving corps to me heading into the playoffs. with all that outside talent and our awesome defense and running game i really dont think anyone could f**k with us this year.
I don't think I can add much, but I agree, a 2nd is just too much. With us likely having three thirds on the other hand, I say go ahead and do it. If the third isn't enough, maybe one of the late round picks could sweeten the pot some (6th or 7th).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Nope -- not at news conference time. The MRI is done. The report wasn't in yet.

Right on.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
if its for our third im down. gordon is good, manningham will be back next week, possibly for arizona and crabs is coming back soon but we cant have enough good receivers. crabs, boldin, gordon, manningham, patton and baldwin sounds like a great recieving corps to me heading into the playoffs. with all that outside talent and our awesome defense and running game i really dont think anyone could f**k with us this year.

A third rounder for Gordon would be amazing but the Browns seem pretty insistent on a second and I'm cool with that as well as long as it's not a first.

A Boldin, Crabtree, Gordon, Manningham, Patton, and Baldwin receiving core going into the playoffs would just be golden
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

A third rounder for Gordon would be amazing but the Browns seem pretty insistent on a second and I'm cool with that as well as long as it's not a first.

A Boldin, Crabtree, Gordon, Manningham, Patton, and Baldwin receiving core going into the playoffs would just be golden

i dont think id give em a 2nd tho if thats what it takes. we have a lot of guys hitting FA or needing extensions soon so those high picks will be their replacements for a lot of guys most likely. a 3rd is as high as I would go for a dude who could get himself suspended for a year if he f**ks up one more time
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I don't think I can add much, but I agree, a 2nd is just too much. With us likely having three thirds on the other hand, I say go ahead and do it. If the third isn't enough, maybe one of the late round picks could sweeten the pot some (6th or 7th).

3rd, 7th + Kyle Williams lol
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
When Ian Williams got hurt.....

Dial ate him.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

3rd, 7th + Kyle Williams lol

kyle williams, moore and a 3rd. addition by subtraction lol
a 2nd is high. If we could get by with Tennessee's 3rd, and our 4th, that would be great. We also would need to wary about his off the field issues, he is one strike away from a 1 yr suspension.

His salary would fit under the cap.
  • IEAD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Browns aren't shopping their stars. But they have talked to teams about Josh Gordon, including #49ers. They'd like a 2nd rounder in return

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 7, 2013

lol. Who are the Browns stars that they refuse to trade?! The only person on that team I am interested in is Josh Gordon.

(not including Haden and Thomas of course)
[ Edited by 9ers on Oct 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Browns aren't shopping their stars. But they have talked to teams about Josh Gordon, including #49ers. They'd like a 2nd rounder in return

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 7, 2013

lol. Who are the Browns stars that they refuse to trade?! The only person on that team I am interested in is Josh Gordon.

(not including Haden and Thomas of course)

Those are their stars. Although Mingo looks pretty good.

I would tell the Browns to go f**k themselves. They seem to really be insistent on trading him, regardless of what they are saying and they want to get rid of him before the trading deadline, before they end up stuck with him on the team for another offseason only to get busted yet again and end up suspended for the whole season, at which point his value becomes jack crap.

All these reports of the 49ers all of a sudden remembering that Manningham and Crabtree are coming back are posturing and attempt to gain leverage. My guess is that there's a lot of interest in Gordon but teams are not offering close to what Cleveland is demanding. For a guy on the brink of being suspended for a whole season, no matter how talented, a 3rd rounder and a conditional 5th/6th/7th pick is more than fair I think.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home