LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Reinforcements are coming for the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If we didn't have Crabtree and Manningham coming back, I'd be more tempted to trade for Gordon. However, it's not as a huge of an upgrade with those guys coming back. Sort of a "diminishing returns" type of deal.
Originally posted by theduke85:
If we didn't have Crabtree and Manningham coming back, I'd be more tempted to trade for Gordon. However, it's not as a huge of an upgrade with those guys coming back. Sort of a "diminishing returns" type of deal.

If it's for a 3rd rounder, I would do it in a heartbeat, a lineup of Crabtree/Gordon/Boldin and VD has the potential to be truly scary.
this is our time to make things happen and get back to the super bowl and win it.. id say trade for brown now and worry about our crowded receiving corps next offseason.. like Mooch would say.. "The time is now"
build the best team u can build now so we can win this season.. in few years that window of opportunity may be closing.. for Justin Smith it sure is...
Originally posted by blm7754:
I'm excited to see what Carradine is capable of. He looked close to being game ready back in April. I saw some of his workout videos and he looked pretty good back then. I'm sure he is fully healed at this point. Hopefully, he has been studying and comes to practice ready to play.

I believe you are referring to this video. He has had 6 more months to train since this was shot

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/23/4258846/tank-carradine-workout-video-nfl-draft
plus how many draft picks will we have? we all know all the players we draft cant make the roster...
Originally posted by verb1der:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman4m
#49ers Michael Crabtree on practice field doing individual conditioning jumps right now, so he indeed may be on track for mid-Nov comeback

Great stuff to hear today! Hopefully we can keep the wins rolling while guys get healthy & in game shape to step in & help out. Go 49ers!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by theduke85:

If it's for a 3rd rounder, I would do it in a heartbeat, a lineup of Crabtree/Gordon/Boldin and VD has the potential to be truly scary.
Yeah, but how often do we even play 3 WR sets?

(EDIT: although I suppose you could argue that we don't line up with 3 WR because we don't have a good WR corp)
[ Edited by theduke85 on Oct 7, 2013 at 3:02 PM ]
we need Dial bad
If Ray Mac is hurt - put Dial in at NT move Dorsey to DE and rotate Tank until healthy

a 3rd for Gordon sounds very good.
As Mike Mayock said last week, "If you want to beat the niners, you have to do it now, they're only going to get better."

manningham, dial, tank and wright next week, Crabs on the horizon and possibly a trade for Gordon if we can trick the browns into giving him to us for less than we want to give. plus the hardest part of our schedule is definitely over. looks like were gonna be up to full speed very soon
I'd be very tempted to surrender a 3rd for Gordon. We're projected to have three 3rd rd picks in the 2014 draft. We can afford to spend one now.

Gordon is young, big, fast, and cheap. Best of all, he's productive and is the ideal X receiver to pair with Crab when he returns.

The only concern, and it's a big one, is his drug issues. He's one mistake away from being suspended for an entire year. It's a little risky.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Bowman ain't even excited.

for all we know, these dudes are gonna suck kak. U know who didn't suk kak and showed promise? Cam Johnson, the dude we traded for a 7th rounder. Oh yea, and that guy Parys Harelson, he was pretty good too.

What have they done this season in actual games?
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'd be very tempted to surrender a 3rd for Gordon. We're projected to have three 3rd rd picks in the 2014 draft. We can afford to spend one now.

Gordon is young, big, fast, and cheap. Best of all, he's productive and is the ideal X receiver to pair with Crab when he returns.

The only concern, and it's a big one, is his drug issues. He's one mistake away from being suspended for an entire year. It's a little risky.

I'd do it for the 49ers' 3rd. A 2nd is too rich for my taste, for a guy who has to learn the system and is liable to get suspended for a year
why is everyone talking about when crabs and manningham return.. the time is now we need to win now.. with Gordon the 49ers are a better team... even with Crabs and Manningham..
Share 49ersWebzone