There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Reinforcements are coming for the 49ers

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Oh he's coming back.

Yeah, I'll be surprised if there's jail time for possession of illegal fire arms because he wasn't carrying them in public. They were in his house.

felonies don't usually require jail time
Forget Gordon lets trade for a OLB
We need Tank to provide a pass rush.
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Haven't really followed the story but did he have a license for it?

He bought it in (i think) Arizona where it was legal, then took it across state lines to california where it isnt legal. There is no license for it. its simply illegal to own in california.

It can be prosecuted as a misdemeanor or a felony. The district attorney would have to be an utter psycho to prosecute it as a felony. Aldon has no criminal record, he wasn't carrying them around in public, and had no intention to harm anyone.
Mario and Crabtree. I think it's very wrong to put everything on those two guys coming off major injuries to fix all our problems in the passing game. Our passing game is bad, really really bad. Williams sucks, Baldwin doesn't get targeted often enough to matter, Patton is out for who knows how long. McDonald is only used as a blocker 3/4 of the time, the times he does run routes, Kaep looks right past him, even if he is open to throw at Boldin being bracketed by 2 defenders. Baalke needs to grow a pair and get a proven pass catcher because we can't draft wideouts worth a damn.
[ Edited by K1ngCoopa24 on Oct 10, 2013 at 12:58 AM ]
Well I hope Tank is really, really good because we may be without Aldon Smith for 4 years. Or forever on his current path.
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Mario and Crabtree. I think it's very wrong to put everything on those two guys coming off major injuries to fix all our problems in the passing game. Our passing game is bad, really really bad. Williams sucks, Baldwin doesn't get targeted often enough to matter, Patton is out for who knows how long. McDonald is only used as a blocker 3/4 of the time, the times he does run routes, Kaep looks right past him, even if he is open to throw at Boldin being bracketed by 2 defenders. Baalke needs to grow a pair and get a proven pass catcher because we can't draft wideouts worth a damn.

One bust in six years drafting does not equate to "can't draft worth a damn."

Whilst it is true to say that the two injured players will need time to get match fit again, an outsider is going to need time to learn the routes and adjust. There just are no quick fixes.

On the subject, proven pass catchers, when and if available, want paying. Check the 49ers salary cap thread.
Originally posted by English:

Whilst it is true to say that the two injured players will need time to get match fit again, an outsider is going to need time to learn the routes and adjust. There just are no quick fixes.

On the subject, proven pass catchers, when and if available, want paying. Check the 49ers salary cap thread.

I know the salary cap issues involved with proven guys. I know Victor Cruz had the first round tender on him this last offseason, but I think we shoudve gone after him, we could have traded back into the first with all our picks. The giants got a pretty decent deal done with him, I'm confident Baalke could have got the same or better.
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Forget Gordon lets trade for a OLB

well we wouldn't have to if we didn't stupidly get rid of Cam Johnson.
Dial being up to 350 is pretty exciting. The team has made it clear they will not put priority on a nose tackle and will not spend a high pick on one, so they're adding mass to a 5th rounder to try to manufacture one themselves. A few people around year have really been banging the drum for a mammoth nose tackle. Man, would it be awesome if Dial works out!
We don't need an OLB - Lemonier & Skuta are playing very well.

Point out where the performance has fallen off?

Get real - WR and play-calling are the real issues.
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Originally posted by English:

I know the salary cap issues involved with proven guys. I know Victor Cruz had the first round tender on him this last offseason, but I think we shoudve gone after him, we could have traded back into the first with all our picks. The giants got a pretty decent deal done with him, I'm confident Baalke could have got the same or better.

So far as I can gather Cruz is on a 5 year $43 million contract. And this was with hometown discount. So how many of our players are we going to have to cut to get him under the cap?
[ Edited by English on Oct 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I agree, we're fine at OLB, we need help at WR.
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for Team49ers.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I do like the lemonier skuta rotation we got going on.
Wow, bringing in a problem player to fix our passing situation, which is not about decent WRs, it is about our QB. Coach H finally got the message and had kap throw only 15 passes last game, probably lowest of any team in the league. Kap seems to be a decent "game manager" (didn't we just trade away our last QB because he was only a game manager?), and JH has smelled the roses, and has downwardly adjusted what is expected of kap. But bringing in another WR with an expensive price tag of a 2nd rd pick....whoa, that is goofy. Look at this for a moment:

Boldin Vance Vernon Baldwin I don't care who you are, that is a formidable group to throw to. Add LMJ (which hasn't been done) and you have another guy to throw to coming out of the backfield. Not doing this is surprising, and I believe an error. Also, we have Crbs coming back ,even at 75%, we have PLENTY of good guys to throw to. And this deal of needing more WRs? Hey some teams play with 3 TEs and a so so WR. We got the talent. Our problem is our HC doesn't see it, or worse, doesn't use it. Tramaine Brock is a case in point.. Vance and Vernon should keep any team on its toes and if doubled, well we got #81 AND Baldwin. So why the big deal about another WR?

Our problem isn't WR, guys, it is QB. 6 of 15 passes....FIFTEEN...that is the problem. At Nevada, Kap and his cannon, used the R/O and pistol to rack up 10,000 yds. Unbelievable. But what our scouts and coached didn't know was that once the opponents Ds stoned the R/O and pistol, that Kap would be....well, how about Geno Smith ( not alex) type material. And PLEASE, no more telling me about Kap's potential. That is for when and IF kap can learn basic NFL football. It must have been a shock for Coach H and trent, plus roman, to realize that Kap had such a deficit in knowing the NFL game.

So ok, we got lemons. Let's make lemonade. JH is off to a good start with letting Kap not beat us, letting him throw only 15 times in one game....and he got 6 completions. Fantastic. Well, there is something to build on. Also, altho hard headed, Roman is starting to see that kap throwing bombs , 50-60 yrds is a really low percentage play...hell it would be for anybody. So right now I am saying the beads that kap learns basic NFL QBing in as short a time as possible. Our D, plus frank and the OL win it if Kap doesn't lose it. Anybody really think another WR is going to change any of that? We have 4 really good targets, now, two of them TEs. For whatever reason, JH hasn't seen fit to use them in the gameplan except on occasion. (nice pass to #85). But the rest of the time, the TEs get forgotten .Need to change that coach.

So let's hope kap learns how to play Qb in NFL quicker than some of us think he can, and use all our BALL CATCHERS, incl LMJ out of the backfield...in space. Kap could be a great game manager, if while learning the position, IF he is taught how to fake....I have never seen him fake once. While on this theme, restrict kap to all short stuff that I have beaten to death in these pages. Kap should not be throwing anything other than short , sure stuff. But , hey roman, that doesn't mean 2 yd passes on 3rd and 6. Have kap stay in the 6-8 yd range and I truly believe he will play well. If any question as to how to bring a qb along, check out the last game of the Smith bros qbs. Alex and Geno. Short , easy, passes in 6-8 yd range, and maybe once a game, let kap show us his shiny cannon. But not more than that, and never in a must-have 3rd down situation.

Kudos to JH for slimming down what kap has to learn and execute. Removing his armband....an absolute must. Kap has to go out there with say 10 or maybe 15 plays max, and learn those plays...and he has to feel comfortable...like he knows those 10 plays better than anyone else in the world. He has to develop some swagger, because he knows he can make those 10 or 15 plays better than any QB out there. No flip flops on the sets, no fancy schmancy nothing. Just basic football. I think kap can learn that, and then build from there. But right now Kap is kinda where Geno Smith is progress wise, altho not as good as Geno. But Geno has a coach who made his job a lot easier by just learning basic NFL football QB syle. If jH continues this, kap improves. If not, he won't . It was a gross coaching overstep to think kap was as good as his R/o and pistol days. He isn't, we know it, and now with some breathing room in the schedule, hopefully kap catches on to how to play his position. His handoffs would sure look a lot better if he watched any joe Montana film and noted how joe faked on each and every pass or run play....that is completely foreign to kap, and very easy to learn. ..