Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Reinforcements are coming for the 49ers

• Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Bowman ain't even excited.

for all we know, these dudes are gonna suck kak. U know who didn't suk kak and showed promise? Cam Johnson, the dude we traded for a 7th rounder. Oh yea, and that guy Parys Harelson, he was pretty good too.

Still not over it? While Skuta and Lemon-YAY look just fine?

To be fair to ChazBoner, Cam Johnson is tearing it up in Indianapolis with his 3 tackles. And Parys Haralson is showing is $8 million contract worth by providing the Saints with 6 tackles and 1 sack.
Originally posted by Ether:
To be fair to ChazBoner, Cam Johnson is tearing it up in Indianapolis with his 3 tackles. And Parys Haralson is showing is $8 million contract worth by providing the Saints with 6 tackles and 1 sack.

You mean Haralson's 1 million dollar contract?
Originally posted by blm7754:
I'm excited to see what Carradine is capable of. He looked close to being game ready back in April. I saw some of his workout videos and he looked pretty good back then. I'm sure he is fully healed at this point. Hopefully, he has been studying and comes to practice ready to play.

Not expecting much from Dial. He's a rookie 5th round pick. He should be healthy, but probably won't provide much more than just depth.

Manningham is the wildcard. He's had enough time to recover. But his position depends so much more on his speed and ability to cut than the DL guys. We have no idea what he will look like on the field when he comes back. Since he hasn't been allowed to practice, my guess is nobody knows what he will look like. He was never a star receiver to begin with. Unless he comes back just as good as he was when he got injured, we are still in a s**t hole at WR.

Which brings up my post above....should the 49ers trade for Gordon. If its affordable and only giving up a 2nd or lower pick, then I say go for it as security. We can have a great defense and run the ball well, but in the playoffs, you need WR's that the opposing defense will respect. Right now we only have Boldin.

I'm just trying to think of options........
and we're about to trade for Josh Gordon
Originally posted by susweel:

I don't think it'll happen.......unless I missed a report somewhere?

no we're not. that Schlefter tweet is a fake account.
Originally posted by Baldie:

No issues with it but IIRC, wasn't the dude dropping every pass thrown his way? Like the Delanie Walker of WR's?
Originally posted by thl408:
The 49ers might just be that wild card team that no one wants to play because their end of the year record will not reflect what they are capable of doing when the playoffs roll around.

If they are a wild card team on a 14-2 record, then yes
Originally posted by boast:

Its clear that Cleveland is trying to trade him again, who knows how much actual interest the 49ers have in him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000258614/article/josh-gordon-object-of-browns-49ers-trade-talks

Might the Cleveland Browns front office force coach Rob Chudzinski to go back on his word to Josh Gordon? Gordon revealed two weeks ago that Chudzinski had texted him to assure the wide receiver that he will not be traded. General manager Michael Lombardi and CEO Joe Banner are not actively shopping their star players, but that doesn't mean they won't listen to offers. People informed of the Browns' thinking tell NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that they have talked to other teams about Gordon, with the asking price of a second-round draft pick in return. The receiver-needy San Francisco 49ers, in particular, have shown interest in Gordon. A deal is now considered unlikely, however, with Mario Manningham and Michael Crabtree nearing returns.
Originally posted by NCommand:

No issues with it but IIRC, wasn't the dude dropping every pass thrown his way? Like the Delanie Walker of WR's?

Was he? I don't know much about him. But his highlight video looks pretty good.
Browns aren't shopping their stars. But they have talked to teams about Josh Gordon, including #49ers. They'd like a 2nd rounder in return

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 7, 2013
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Was he? I don't know much about him. But his highlight video looks pretty good.

has has speed to stretch the field something that none of our WRs have.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by boast:

Its clear that Cleveland is trying to trade him again, who knows how much actual interest the 49ers have in him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000258614/article/josh-gordon-object-of-browns-49ers-trade-talks

Might the Cleveland Browns front office force coach Rob Chudzinski to go back on his word to Josh Gordon? Gordon revealed two weeks ago that Chudzinski had texted him to assure the wide receiver that he will not be traded. General manager Michael Lombardi and CEO Joe Banner are not actively shopping their star players, but that doesn't mean they won't listen to offers. People informed of the Browns' thinking tell NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that they have talked to other teams about Gordon, with the asking price of a second-round draft pick in return. The receiver-needy San Francisco 49ers, in particular, have shown interest in Gordon. A deal is now considered unlikely, however, with Mario Manningham and Michael Crabtree nearing returns.

Matt Barrows wrote that they're looking for a 2nd rounder. I wouldn't mind giving up a second rounder for him.
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/1304/a-josh-gordon-trade-on-horizon

Speaking of receivers, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the 49ers have talked to the Cleveland Browns about receiver Josh Gordon. He'd likely cost, at least, a second-round pick. If the Chiefs win three more games, a third-round pick will turn into a second rounder as part of the Alex Smith trade. Thus, the 49ers may have two second rounders.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Matt Barrows wrote that they're looking for a 2nd rounder. I wouldn't mind giving up a second rounder for him.

I don't know about a 2nd, if they can do it for a 3rd and a 7th, I'm down. In terms of talent, Gordon could be a Top 10 WR but with all his other issues, it hurts his value a lot. He's one failed drug test away from being suspended for an ENTIRE season. That is the only reason that Cleveland is looking to trade him.

However, if he kept his nose clean, a WR corps of Crabtree, Gordon, Boldin, Manningham and Patton would be pretty sick.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 7, 2013 at 2:37 PM ]