There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Reinforcements are coming for the 49ers

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,430
i would rather over value a second round pick then over glorify a guy who has trouble written all over him. its about the right guy and in my opinion, he is not the right guy. if he was the right guy, the deal would have been made yesterday
Originally posted by cciowa:
i would rather over value a second round pick then over glorify a guy who has trouble written all over him. its about the right guy and in my opinion, he is not the right guy. if he was the right guy, the deal would have been made yesterday

cciowa, i get the impression that you havent seen Gordon play a whole lot. No one is over glorifying his value. If it wasnt for the character concerns, he would demand a first round pick easy. You do know that the guy was suspended for two games this season and already has more combined yardage and TDs than our entire receiving squad, Boldin excluded, combined?

How long are we gonna sit around and wait for the "right guy" to show up? There comes a time when you have to go and get the "right guy" and you may possibly even have to gamble on the "right guy".

Fact is we need WR help NOW. We also need WR for 2014.

Why not gamble on this guy? Whats the worse that can happen? We lose a second round pick, and eat an extremely cheap contract. But if he works out? If he looks this good on the browns with weeden throwing the ball, what do you think he could do for the 49ers?

[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Oct 8, 2013 at 6:50 PM ]
I know the right guy is not Kyle Williams? I know the right guy wasn't AJ . If we can't draft a freaking receiver our selves who is the right guy? If we wait and wait. It's bye bye. Super Bowl window is short.. We flunked twice... Can you sit there and not pull the trigger on a guy that is this explosive? In a time that we need a #2 receiver. I rather have plan b than left with another season down the drain bc we thought that Crabtree was coming back like his Super Bowl performance. The time is now.
Our second round picks have been so/so on returning their investment, so losing 1/2 wouldn't hurt for a player Harbaugh might be able to fix mentally (from a former player-to-player standpoint). -The guy is an established talent, so he would be worth it, compared to a younger/unproven commodity like Hawkins was (despite preseason success).
We need to f**kin make this trade. We have only had 1 good WR drafted in the last decade and he's out with an achilles tear right now. We have to make this move for Gordon. Whether it's a 2nd or 3rd rounder it's worth it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,430
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
I know the right guy is not Kyle Williams? I know the right guy wasn't AJ . If we can't draft a freaking receiver our selves who is the right guy? If we wait and wait. It's bye bye. Super Bowl window is short.. We flunked twice... Can you sit there and not pull the trigger on a guy that is this explosive? In a time that we need a #2 receiver. I rather have plan b than left with another season down the drain bc we thought that Crabtree was coming back like his Super Bowl performance. The time is now.

another season down the drain.. and people think i over react. we did not win the super bowl the last two years but that does mean it was a lost season nor does it mean, if we do not get this guy you want,, we will go down the drain. i would discuss a third or fourth but not a second. if the team felt he was worth a second, the deal would have been done yesterday.
Yes for a 3rd but no for a 2nd.

Baldwin will continue to learn the offense, we are gonna get MM back, then Patton. Its not that big of an issue right now to be honest especially till the bye week.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,430
Originally posted by 5280High:
Yes for a 3rd but no for a 2nd.

Baldwin will continue to learn the offense, we are gonna get MM back, then Patton. Its not that big of an issue right now to be honest especially till the bye week.
agree.. no way for a second. a third would give me pause
Our last 2 years 2nd round picks got us a 3rd string RB, a DE coming off an ACL tear, and a 2nd string TE.

Hell yes our 2nd round pick is more than worth getting Josh Gordon a legitimate deep threat with potential to be a pro bowler. He's 22 yrs old on a good contract signed til 2015. I dont see us using that 2nd rd pick to draft anyone better than him regardless of these "personal character issues".
[ Edited by SolAsch24 on Oct 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM ]
No one knows how crabs or Manningham will look when they come back. Patton looked great in the preseason but I don't rember seeing anything in any real games. We need a received NOW. Besides what are we gonna do with our 2nd? Draft another injured player who may or may not contribute.
  • IEAD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 787
I have a question about Tank. Is anyone concerned that he seems a bit small to play DE in a 3-4?!
Originally posted by SolAsch24:
Our last 2 years 2nd round picks got us a 3rd string RB, a DE coming off an ACL tear, and a 2nd string TE.

Hell yes our 2nd round pick is more than worth getting Josh Gordon a legitimate deep threat with potential to be a pro bowler. He's 22 yrs old on a good contract signed til 2015. I dont see us using that 2nd rd pick to draft anyone better than him regardless of these "personal character issues".

One of those second round picks could also help us trade up in the first round. Perhaps for a starting CB next year.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by 9ers:
I have a question about Tank. Is anyone concerned that he seems a bit small to play DE in a 3-4?!

No.

Because Tomsula.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
I know the right guy is not Kyle Williams? I know the right guy wasn't AJ . If we can't draft a freaking receiver our selves who is the right guy? If we wait and wait. It's bye bye. Super Bowl window is short.. We flunked twice... Can you sit there and not pull the trigger on a guy that is this explosive? In a time that we need a #2 receiver. I rather have plan b than left with another season down the drain bc we thought that Crabtree was coming back like his Super Bowl performance. The time is now.

not to mention he is cheap and under contract for another 2 years too.
  • IEAD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 787
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by 9ers:
I have a question about Tank. Is anyone concerned that he seems a bit small to play DE in a 3-4?!

No.

Because Tomsula.

I do love me some Tomsula that's for sure.