There are 186 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Reinforcements are coming for the 49ers

• Jcool
  • Info N/A
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49

Tank Carradine said he's ready to play and his injured right knee feels stronger than his left knee.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Tank Carradine said he's ready to play and his injured right knee feels stronger than his left knee.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Gonzales: NO
Gordon: OH HECK NO

Thank GOD Webzoners don't run this team. Really, Thank GOD!

Care to elaborate on the Gordon reaction? Obviously its not a "heck no" in Baalkies mind or he wouldnt have kicked the tires, and he may even indeed still be in talks.

Character issues aside, a late second is a very fair trade for Gordon. And his favorable contract outweighs his potential character issues going forward.

Gonzales: NO
Gordon: OH HECK NO

Thank GOD Webzoners don't run this team. Really, Thank GOD!

Care to elaborate on the Gordon reaction? Obviously its not a "heck no" in Baalkies mind or he wouldnt have kicked the tires, and he may even indeed still be in talks.

Character issues aside, a late second is a very fair trade for Gordon. And his favorable contract outweighs his potential character issues going forward.

Gordon is reportedly 1 failed drug test away from a season long ban.

He tested positive for Codeine aka Sizzurp -- so a. he stupidly took prescription cough medicine with codeine in it or b. he has a habit of drinking out of a styrofoam cup like lil wayne.

...Yes it scares people to think that he can be suspended for that long but I'd rather spend a 2nd rounder on a guy with elite talent who MAY be suspended than on someone who won't immediately contribute next season.

If we are serious about finding a #2 let a lone a deep threat for our passing game they'll consider it all the way until the dead line. I'd trade a 2nd and even consider throwing in Kyle Williams to offset the loss for the browns.

We're all forgetting that outside of Crabtree, Baldwin, a supposed "bust" rehabbing his image, and Patton, a rookie with a broken foot that may or may not develop, we have no receivers under contract in 2014. Having Gordon locked up until the end of 2015, an impending contract extension for Crabtree, and Baldwin should he progress is one hell of a WR group to build around.

If we don't make the move for Gordon it better because Boldin re-ups with us and that Baldwin has emerged as legitimate #2
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:

He is going to kill Russell Wilson
Gordon is worth a late second. He simply is. I dont understand the mentality of stockpiling draft picks only for the sake of hoarding them away for draft day. As we know WR can sometimes be a crap shoot, and the likelyhood of finding a Gordon in the late second is not good. Why not hedge our bet so to speak and go and get Gordon right now, at a huge time of need. It simply does not make any sense not to. I understand his character issues. Its still well worth the gamble.

We need WR help now, and it is wreckless and careless to asume that Manningham and Crabtree will return to pre injury form. And even then, Gordon is an upgrade over Mannigham no doubt.

Even ignoring our needs this season, going into next season we know we have to address the position. we know that based on the holes we will have in FA. Why not address that issue now?

I could see if he had a high contract, that being an arqument, but he comes cheap.

This trigger should have been pulled last week. Its gonna take a couple weeks to get him on the same page with Kap, but the longer we wait the worse its gonna get. You simply cannot depend on WR's coming back 100% and contributing like they did when they are coming off injurys like Manningham and Crabtree. It they do its a bonus, but to depend on it is careless.

We spent a second round pick on a third RB. Your telling me a late 2nd is not worth the posibility of a WR that compliments Crabtrees abilitys extremely well going forward and is signed through 2015.

so true haha, i am just hoping that baalke is trying to lower the asking price and their is a standoff til one side caves

Wait.. is that a good thing? lol

Damn you, imbalanced rehab!
Originally posted by Hopper:

Good stuff to hear
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Gordon is worth a late second. He simply is. I dont understand the mentality of stockpiling draft picks only for the sake of hoarding them away for draft day. As we know WR can sometimes be a crap shoot, and the likelyhood of finding a Gordon in the late second is not good. Why not hedge our bet so to speak and go and get Gordon right now, at a huge time of need. It simply does not make any sense not to. I understand his character issues. Its still well worth the gamble.

We need WR help now, and it is wreckless and careless to asume that Manningham and Crabtree will return to pre injury form. And even then, Gordon is an upgrade over Mannigham no doubt.

Even ignoring our needs this season, going into next season we know we have to address the position. we know that based on the holes we will have in FA. Why not address that issue now?

I could see if he had a high contract, that being an arqument, but he comes cheap.

This trigger should have been pulled last week. Its gonna take a couple weeks to get him on the same page with Kap, but the longer we wait the worse its gonna get. You simply cannot depend on WR's coming back 100% and contributing like they did when they are coming off injurys like Manningham and Crabtree. It they do its a bonus, but to depend on it is careless.

We spent a second round pick on a third RB. Your telling me a late 2nd is not worth the posibility of a WR that compliments Crabtrees abilitys extremely well going forward and is signed through 2015.

This.... Well said

One slip-up and Gordon is suspended for a year.

And if he doesnt slip up we have a huge steal until 2015. Its a gamble as far as character is concerned, but no more of a gamble than the draft is with talent. Add to the argument that his contract is for peanuts until 2015 and i think it is a gamble that i personally would take.

He's already slipped up. Numerous times. And you think we should just trade away a high draft pick because he won't slip up again? That's fool's money.
  • Young2Rice
  • Info N/A

This.... Well said

And if he doesnt slip up we have a huge steal until 2015. Its a gamble as far as character is concerned, but no more of a gamble than the draft is with talent. Add to the argument that his contract is for peanuts until 2015 and i think it is a gamble that i personally would take.

He's already slipped up. Numerous times. And you think we should just trade away a high draft pick because he won't slip up again? That's fool's money.

Is it any more fools money than spending a second round pick on a third RB(LMJ)? We arent talking about Aaron Hernandez, we are talking about a guy who cant stay off the codeine. Sometimes a change of scenery is good. Sometimes guys get it once they are on a winning team. Sometimes they don't, but its no more of a gamble than to spend a second on a WR and hope they can match Gordons NFL production, or that their college game will translate to the NFL.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

1 tank on offense. 1 tank on defense. And Boobie on special teams.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Is it any more fools money than spending a second round pick on a third RB(LMJ)? We arent talking about Aaron Hernandez, we are talking about a guy who cant stay off the codeine. Sometimes a change of scenery is good. Sometimes guys get it once they are on a winning team. Sometimes they don't, but its no more of a gamble than to spend a second on a WR and hope they can match Gordons NFL production, or that their college game will translate to the NFL.

sorry, he is not worth the risk, he is not worth the pick.. you got to many "sometimes" in there for me
We can always wait til next year to give kap some weapons? Maybe draft another AJ Jenkins and start all over again? Since Gordon is too risky....
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Oct 8, 2013 at 6:21 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:

sorry, he is not worth the risk, he is not worth the pick.. you got to many "sometimes" in there for me

Character issues are a real concern, but i guess i just dont understand the mentality of "hes not worth the pick" even with the character issues he is worth a second.

If we can spend a second on a third string RB why cant we spend one on a proven NFL commodity WR? Sure its a gamble, but like i said its no more gamble than drafting a WR next season and hoping the rookie can come in day one and compliment Crabtree. Odds are that isaint going to happen. So why not gamble on a guy with all the talent, but just has to get his head on straight? On a cheap contract through 2015?

Some of you are seriously over valuing a late second round pick i believe.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

This.... Well said

So was Jared Allen and Vincent Jackson. But when it comes to losing a whole years worth of salary they tend to smarten up